PDA

View Full Version : Donuts

GridGirl
19th August 2009, 19:42
A couple of weeks ago I was suprised to find a Tesco Extra selling Krispy Kreme donuts so naturally this imediately prompted me to buy four even though I was on my own. My Krispy Kreme fix is usually only satisfied by a trip to Selfridges although there is no funky light and opportunity for free donuts in Tesco's. :(

I am quite partial to original glaze Krispy Kremes and don't really care much for Dunkin' Donuts. If I ever have unbranded then my donut of choice would be custard filled.

Ummmm donuts. :d

Wade91
19th August 2009, 19:50
theres a krispy kreem in the next town over from here, somtimes if i'm passing by there i will stop and get a dozen origanal glazed donuts,

i used to get the boxes of krispy kreem donuts they sell on the self at the grosrey store, but they were always dry :s

now i get the thw wal-mart brand donuts about every time, becouse they are always freash and pretty good,

krispy kreem hot and fresh donuts is still the best though

veeten
20th August 2009, 00:23
:lips: :D

Easy Drifter
20th August 2009, 03:05
Alex Zanardi used to make the best ones!

In Canada umpteen companies have taken a run at 'Timmies' (Tim Hortons) but not one has come close to dethroning them.
Actually I think the actual donuts are secondary to many Cdns. It is the coffee and other food products as much as donuts.
I take my coffee black and prefer 'Country Style' coffee as take out coffee.
My own I test by throwing a horseshoe in it. If it floats it is just strong enough. If it melts even better. :D

schmenke
20th August 2009, 15:05
KK opened up dozens of outlets in Canada several years ago and all (AFAIK) have recently closed. As Drifter says, doughnuts are simply not popular around here.

The quality of Timmies coffee is mediocore at best. What makes the franchises popular is their availability and speed of service. My kids love their 'bits ;) :D

Drew
20th August 2009, 15:21
Afaik there is nowhere in the southwest where you get Krispy Kreme, so I guess we're missing out :p :

Easy Drifter
20th August 2009, 17:52
I thought about spelling Doughnuts the correct way but figured I would just confuse most people. :D
I also could have used a popular nickname which only, I suspect, a small group, mostly NA westeners would know. Bear Sign, an old time name for doughnuts. :cool: