PDA

View Full Version : Raikkonen to lead Fiat’s WRC challenge?

CNR
18th August 2009, 11:34
http://www.forumula1.net/2009/f1/drivers/raikkonen-to-lead-fiats-wrc-challenge/

Kimi Raikkonen is rumoured to be leaving Ferrari at the end of the season to compete in the 2010 World Rally Championship.
The rumours are strengthened by the fact that both Fiat and Volkswagen have confirmed they will be entering the series next year. According to the Financial Times, Neil Duncanson, chairman of the TV company North One (who own the WRC series) has confirmed that Fiat and Volkswagen will be replacing Subaru and Suzuki.

Knock-on
18th August 2009, 12:04
Blimey!!

Mark
18th August 2009, 12:16
That'll be quite something if it happens. I can well see Raikkonen going off and doing something else entirely too.

ArrowsFA1
18th August 2009, 12:18
This wouldn't be a website putting 2 & 2 together and making something other than 4 would it? :crazy: :p

DexDexter
18th August 2009, 21:43
Kimi likes rallying , but the comments I've heard him say in Finnish sound more like "this is what I'm going to do for a hobby when I've retired", which according to him, is not after this year.

yodasarmpit
18th August 2009, 22:07
Kimi likes rallying , but the comments I've heard him say in Finnish sound more like "this is what I'm going to do for a hobby when I've retired", which according to him, is not after this year.
So he's retiring this year :)

urabus-denoS2000
19th August 2009, 04:07
VW and Fiat did not confirm their participation

Ari
19th August 2009, 11:51
I thought it was almost fact that he would be in WRC next year ???

I am evil Homer
19th August 2009, 12:24
VW and Fiat did not confirm their participation

Indeed....FIAT is likely but VAG already has the Skoda Fabia so the chances of them also entering as VW are slim.

urabus-denoS2000
19th August 2009, 12:46
Skoda will not enter WRC in the near future for sure ;)

gloomyDAY
19th August 2009, 18:14
Kimi would have to actually FINISH a rally before he can contest a title run.

This article seems bogus. Why the hell would Kimi want to leave?
That fool is bathing in dough.

Sonic
19th August 2009, 18:51
Formula 1 would be poorer without Kimi and whilst IMO he will be a Jackie Stewart/Jody Scheckter kind of character and retire from F1 at a younger age than most he won't be going anywhere just yet. I do not believe he would want to leave F1 now having not won in over a year - he'd want to go out on a high IMO.

Will he go and do some other racing after that? Probably. Would that be WRC? Most likely.

anthonyvop
19th August 2009, 19:28
Indeed....FIAT is likely but VAG already has the Skoda Fabia so the chances of them also entering as VW are slim.
Skoda runs in the IRC not the WRC.

DexDexter
20th August 2009, 17:06
Kimi was asked the following question:

Are you sure that you will drive for Ferrari also next year?

- I've got a contract with the team which I'm going to honour. Of course anything can happen but it's not up to me.

Doesn't look like he wants to do rallying.

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutiset.shtml/arkistot/f1/2009/08/936353

Sleeper
21st August 2009, 00:52
Skoda runs in the IRC not the WRC.

WRC are moving towards S2000 rules soon, so rumours of current IRC manufacturers switching over abound.

jimakos
21st August 2009, 18:13
Formula 1 would be poorer without Kimi and whilst IMO he will be a Jackie Stewart/Jody Scheckter kind of character and retire from F1 at a younger age than most he won't be going anywhere just yet. I do not believe he would want to leave F1 now having not won in over a year - he'd want to go out on a high IMO.

Will he go and do some other racing after that? Probably. Would that be WRC? Most likely.

I agree!
Kimi will miss from f1 if he goes out.
He is a nice driver,Iwant to test him in wrc but I think prefer him to F1 :)