PDA

View Full Version : What can you see.......

Sonic
16th August 2009, 16:33
Out of your window?

Look out your nearest window and tell us what you see.

(Yes I'm still bored!)

Wade91
16th August 2009, 16:42
i see my neighbors house and their cars in their driveway and their new pool

Mark in Oshawa
16th August 2009, 17:00
The big maples bordering the parking lot with my car in the shade of the one at the far corner. I see about 20 cars, ranging from a Hyundai Accent to a Cadillac CTS. Since I am on the 3rd floor of an apartment/condo, I can see three houses on the street opposite, and the cars parked under the trees behind the parking lot where the Oshawa Portuguese club runs a soccer field for their club team and they just finished playing a match. It is Sunny and about 84 (27c) as well. There...that exhausts me man....

Easy Drifter
16th August 2009, 17:18
This window the house across the street and the Hog River.
In a minute when I get off the computer part of Georgian Bay, the beach and Queen's Cove Marina and hopefully the pair of Trumpeter Swans that have been present all week.

52Paddy
16th August 2009, 20:15
A dark green Mitsubishi SpaceStar.

Sonic
16th August 2009, 20:21
Mostly more interesting than my view; my son's slide, cosy coupe and the veggie patch.

Brown, Jon Brow
16th August 2009, 20:24
I can see a field of cows, a big tree, our lawn, flower beds, garden fence and the occasional squirrel.

Jag_Warrior
16th August 2009, 20:54
From the back deck, one of the little apple thieves that hangs out on my land! This one I've named Dinner. His twin brother I've named Lunch. Go ahead and get fat, guys. Your time will come.

Mark in Oshawa
16th August 2009, 21:45
From the back deck, one of the little apple thieves that hangs out on my land! This one I've named Dinner. His twin brother I've named Lunch. Go ahead and get fat, guys. Your time will come.

Bow or rifle? I take it you have a few good recipes for Venison? Mean ole Jag...shooting Bambi...

Jag_Warrior
16th August 2009, 23:38
Bow or rifle? I take it you have a few good recipes for Venison? Mean ole Jag...shooting Bambi...

Open field over 40 yards, rifle (the old reliable .270). If they're down in the woods from where you see in the pic, less than 25 yards most of the time, I use a big bore pistol (.45 WinMag). Never messed with bows. I have a recurve that my uncle gave me over 30 years ago and I've never even strung it. Just never caught that bug.

Actually, I'm not that great a cook. My mom has some good recipes for venison - especially the tender loin and roasts. And my gal pal is a helluva cook. She just can't be around when I make a kill though. Dang city gals! She has to be able to tell herself that the meat came from a depressed animal that committed suicide. :rolleyes:

Drew
16th August 2009, 23:43
The garden and then fields and also the brand new natural gas power station faintly in the distance :)

Rollo
17th August 2009, 00:11
Mosman Town Hall.
A hairdressers.
A cubic fountain.
A coffee shop.
And a Ferrari 360

Mark in Oshawa
17th August 2009, 00:17
Open field over 40 yards, rifle (the old reliable .270). If they're down in the woods from where you see in the pic, less than 25 yards most of the time, I use a big bore pistol (.45 WinMag). Never messed with bows. I have a recurve that my uncle gave me over 30 years ago and I've never even strung it. Just never caught that bug.

Actually, I'm not that great a cook. My mom has some good recipes for venison - especially the tender loin and roasts. And my gal pal is a helluva cook. She just can't be around when I make a kill though. Dang city gals! She has to be able to tell herself that the meat came from a depressed animal that committed suicide. :rolleyes:

it did commit suicide, it walked out on your property....

Camelopard
17th August 2009, 00:22
Aint got windows, coz I'm in a data centre, but I will be going down to the caf and will see the Brindabellas in the background, lots of gum trees and maybe even a few kangaroos, yes seriously there are loads around here.

Mark in Oshawa
17th August 2009, 00:24
Mosman Town Hall.
A hairdressers.
A cubic fountain.
A coffee shop.
And a Ferrari 360

The Ferrari belong to you? If so, that view just got THAT much better....

Rollo
17th August 2009, 00:49
Nah, it's usually parked there every morning from about 07:30am to 08:30am while its owner goes to the gym. I sometimes sit on a bench in the mornings in full view of the windows of the gym with a coffee and a croissant whilst reading the newspaper.

There's also a purple HSV Maloo ute there every morning. The 6.0L V8 proudly states 307kW or 411bhp on the tailgate, but given that its purple and it sits on 35 spec tyres, no self respecting tradesperson would ever buy one, which means that the car is 100% distilled ery.

Alexamateo
17th August 2009, 04:46
Well at the moment, it's dark :p :, but if it was light out, I'd see the leaves and branches of a Willow Oak tree, and sky.

pino
17th August 2009, 06:16
My 2 beautiful dogs playing in my garden :D

52Paddy
17th August 2009, 11:46
Black Alfa 156. Some day, hopefully before the thread dies, I'll see something interesting. :p :

Sonic
17th August 2009, 12:48
Out the window of my car I've just spotted a spitfire in invasion stripes livery......cool!

GridGirl
17th August 2009, 13:10
Numerous football pitches some of which are being used by the youth squad. The first team will be out for practise after lunch and hopefully will all walk topless past my window when finished.

stevie_gerrard
17th August 2009, 15:36
I can see lots of traffic outside the main road into the town centre. Its quite noisy too.

Mark in Oshawa
17th August 2009, 16:11
Numerous football pitches some of which are being used by the youth squad. The first team will be out for practise after lunch and hopefully will all walk topless past my window when finished.

Now see...if I said that about a woman's squad, you all would think I was a dirty ole man....but in your case, it is just good clean voyeurism...

Sonic
17th August 2009, 18:12
How'd you know she's not talking about a woman's team mark? ;)

Ok now I'm the dirty old man...... :D

GridGirl
17th August 2009, 18:44
I enjoy my annual three weeks of daily diet coke moments. As a number cruncher it's about as exciting as it gets at work for me. To be fair, they are professional footballers who know exactly what they are doing when they walk past half naked and have a fondness for leaving the changing room door open as they know it's the only way I can go see certain directors and the Chairman. I don't think we have ladies team. :p

emporer_k
17th August 2009, 19:30
Just the house out the back at the moment.

At work I can see planes after theyve taken off/ just before they land at newcastle airport.

Easy Drifter
17th August 2009, 19:38
I must admit I enjoyed all the Bikini clad girls walking by my deck on the way to the beach a 100 yds away, yesterday. First really hot day this summer.

Firstgear
17th August 2009, 19:45
...at work right now, so an A & W resteraunt across the parking lot, and empty soccer fields across the street.

slinkster
17th August 2009, 19:49
I see.... a very pale sky with a hint of yellow and a few speckly grey/yellow clouds. I also see roof tops, leaves and some telephone wires.

Hazell B
17th August 2009, 22:19
Our van with a very sick chicken in a crate in the back. She's probably going to croak, but we brought her home for regular mashed banana and fat force feeds anyhow.

Beyond that, darkness with the sound of a river about thirty yards away, tall grass in the breeze and a ship's hooter miles away. It's nice if you forget the chicken :p :

Sonic
18th August 2009, 10:16
I see.... a very pale sky with a hint of yellow and a few speckly grey/yellow clouds. I also see roof tops, leaves and some telephone wires.

Almost poetic. :)

schmenke
20th August 2009, 19:45
Nothing right now. The blinds are closed :mark: :p :

Easy Drifter
20th August 2009, 23:46
Yiiiiiiiiiiipe!!!!!!!!!
The beginning formation of a funnel cloud!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bye, I hope for now!

Easy Drifter
21st August 2009, 00:35
Whew. It broke up. We are still under a warning though and despite sunshine right now dangerous clouds to the west.
At least one has touched down not all that far from here.
I was through the City of Barrie less than an hour after it was hit by a major one 20 years ago and damage was in the millions plus 20 deaths.
I am on satellite TV and it goes out in heavy rain so not a great help. It gave a warning for this area then crapped out!
Any way going out on my deck now. Faces NE so I won't see anything coming.