PDA

View Full Version : Novikov / Moscatt Split

WRCS14
13th August 2009, 21:59
Why is Evgeny changing co drivers. WRC.coms article seemed to imply it was after the Finland crashes and that jump and the poor season to date. He is still a very young driver and much still to learn. Dale is in my mind a good co driver with a history of winning. I am not saying Stephane is not a fantastic co driver but I still feel sorry for Dale loosing out on this chance which he may not get again.

Tomi
13th August 2009, 22:04
Why is Evgeny changing co drivers. WRC.coms article seemed to imply it was after the Finland crashes and that jump and the poor season to date. He is still a very young driver and much still to learn. Dale is in my mind a good co driver with a history of winning. I am not saying Stephane is not a fantastic co driver but I still feel sorry for Dale loosing out on this chance which he may not get again.

Maybe becauce it is easier to change co-driver than driver.
Else too i think people see too much drama in if co-driver is sacked, sometimes things just dont work so well.

A.F.F.
13th August 2009, 23:09
I thought it was Dale who had enough and choose to leave ??

Mirek
13th August 2009, 23:27
AFAIK yes

WRCS14
13th August 2009, 23:39
I havent read this in any media so to speak. I was afraid it was the other way round!

Rally Hokkaido
14th August 2009, 00:21
This subject has already been discussed on the 'News and Rumours' thread.
Here is what the Australian media reported:

http://www.rallysportmag.com.au/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4005&Itemid=2

Buzz Lightyear
14th August 2009, 01:14
Well... they cant change the driver.

Xsara Fan
14th August 2009, 09:00

Plz read an official site: http://eng.e-novikov.net/ru/news/info/42/
It was a CJT decision...

Brother John
14th August 2009, 10:04
Which people are the boss in motor sport?
Like usually here it is someone of the French team that takes the decisions!

Doon
14th August 2009, 21:03
Don't get me wrong, Novikov is a wild card but he is damn quick! For me it seemed like Novikov's balls were a little to big for his own good and he was just going too quick!

But, I 've changed my mind in the past few events, when alot of the accidents have occured, Dale has been calling the notes too late, in Poland on the 1st day where there was a left hander after a crest, and Novikov went into the field, Dale spat the note out at the last second when they were already on the jump!

I think Prevot managed to tame Atko a little more, so maybe the CJT think he will have the same effect on Novikov. Dunno, only time will tell!

Doon
14th August 2009, 21:05
....but he never tamed Duval! lol. But who can?

Sarac330d
15th August 2009, 09:43
Don't get me wrong, Novikov is a wild card but he is damn quick! For me it seemed like Novikov's balls were a little to big for his own good and he was just going too quick!

But, I 've changed my mind in the past few events, when alot of the accidents have occured, Dale has been calling the notes too late, in Poland on the 1st day where there was a left hander after a crest, and Novikov went into the field, Dale spat the note out at the last second when they were already on the jump!

I think Prevot managed to tame Atko a little more, so maybe the CJT think he will have the same effect on Novikov. Dunno, only time will tell!

I share your opinion regarding Poland accident on 1st day. I think he called pacenote to late.

WRCS14
17th August 2009, 02:25
Wow im surprised Citroen have said it so directly, blaming Novikovs misfortunes on Dale. Ok Poland there was a mistake but even the most succesful driver of all time ,his partner too has made mistakes, fuel miscalculations and saying a corner that quickened but did not. Surely I would think Novikov has a place in the junior team not because Citroen want him but by the fact he has an extenisive personal budget. Either way the decision is made and I wish him and Dale all the best in their respective paths.

tmx
17th August 2009, 04:43
For a new forum member, you made good points.

When I was listening to the WRC radio, Colin said he asked Evgeny when do he think he'll be world championship. And Evgeny said 3 years. I'm already a fan, but if he did said that he might be a bit impatience with the plan.

RS
21st August 2009, 13:06
Novikov is already testing the limits of his new car :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-4JH1XK0PU

Xsara Fan
21st August 2009, 20:01
Novikov is already testing the limits of his new car :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-4JH1XK0PU

Evgeniy said in interview (with laughf): "We have a small off. I think video is already on Yotube!" :)

Barreis
22nd August 2009, 00:08
He is lucky that he didn't hurt anybody..

WRCS14
22nd August 2009, 22:06
4th or 5th gear backwards off the road is no small off, especially during shakedown! Wow

Helstar
22nd August 2009, 22:37
His style xD

Camelopard
23rd August 2009, 03:25
So how come everyone isn't getting stuck into Novikov like they did whenever Atko went off, wouldn't be the fact that he is driving (crashing?) a french car would it?

Can't say I've seen any criticism of Novikov on this forum at all.

L5->R5/CR
23rd August 2009, 05:58
So how come everyone isn't getting stuck into Novikov like they did whenever Atko went off, wouldn't be the fact that he is driving (crashing?) a french car would it?

I'll slag off Novikov when he is crashing cars left and right in his third year in the WRC...

DonJippo
23rd August 2009, 08:15
I'll slag off Novikov when he is crashing cars left and right in his third year in the WRC...

If he get's to his third year...

Camelopard
23rd August 2009, 08:42

ho hum....

Xsara Fan
23rd August 2009, 14:05

The main difference between Novikov and others is his age. He is only 18 years old. Evgeny start rallying in 2005. So he started rallying 4 years ago and now he is in world rally team(!) and already got 4 points. Yes he could get more points without crashes but remember first steps of Mikko Hirvonen in WRC...

I think that Novikov has at least 5-7 years for learn.

WRCS14
23rd August 2009, 19:01
Ok , fair point, maybe he drives to win which is better than going gradually slowly for many years. I have watched the finland megajump and dale called it say in advance of the corner before the striaght onto the jump, I would think most would mark the jump on notes during the recce and give maybe even an extra one or two warnings considering it was so fast and big. I will give him more of a chance so for this and next season considering that Mikko too had a unstable start to his years.

A.F.F.
23rd August 2009, 20:51
Apparently Anton Alen and Juho Hänninen asked Evgeni what kind of note he has on that particular jump. Evgeni replied "flat out" when both Anton and Juho told him to make it slower in order he didn't want to die. So, Evgeni changed the note for the first run and noticed it was nothing and then changed it back to FLAT OUT for the second run. Hence the result. :mark:

This is something I heard from the stage.

cali
23rd August 2009, 21:23
Apparently Anton Alen and Juho Hänninen asked Evgeni what kind of note he has on that particular jump. Evgeni replied "flat out" when both Anton and Juho told him to make it slower in order he didn't want to die. So, Evgeni changed the note for the first run and noticed it was nothing and then changed it back to FLAT OUT for the second run. Hence the result. :mark:

This is something I heard from the stage.

I've heard similar talk :)

WRCS14
23rd August 2009, 23:52
Pretty good advice to be ignoring :o

Helstar
24th August 2009, 05:51
He's mindless and spectacular like early Gigi Galli (remember the jump in Finland 2005 ?) ... that's why I'll never bash him :p

DonJippo
24th August 2009, 10:31
remember the jump in Finland 2005 ?

What about the jump in Finland?

Helstar
24th August 2009, 16:21
What about the jump in Finland?
Errr, not clear what you mean but ... eventually look here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrkcCOCZh4o&fmt=18

Starting from 1'36" (his crash before that xD !).