PDA

View Full Version : Swine/H1NI Fut in f1

race_director
11th August 2009, 14:42
I was wondering what is the impact on swine flu in f1 and considering the last crowd gather at a place in the races. how soon are we goona see the race being canceled or racing in front of empty stands.

There are many countries which are very serious with H1N1 and also many countries have banned events where there a mass gathering .

I totally agree with banning of large gathering .

we cannot become zombies and watch the race one we are dead :)

Mark
11th August 2009, 14:43
It won't have any effect whatsoever.

Knock-on
11th August 2009, 14:53
In the UK there are currently no plans for cancelling public meetings or restricting movement on economic grounds as well as the disruption and logistics of implementing restrictions.

I don't know about the rest of the world as I deal with DR (disaster recovery) in the UK but as our response is based on WHO recommendations, I should imagine they would be similar.

ioan
11th August 2009, 15:06
There will be measures taken as the economic aspect is prioritized over the health aspect.

It was made clear by the WHO since the beginning of the epidemic (pandemic) that they will not recommend any movement restrictions, be it human or merchandise because they believe that the loses will outweigh the gains! :\

Knock-on
11th August 2009, 15:17
There will be measures taken as the economic aspect is prioritized over the health aspect.

It was made clear by the WHO since the beginning of the epidemic (pandemic) that they will not recommend any movement restrictions, be it human or merchandise because they believe that the loses will outweigh the gains! :\

Isn't that what I said?

BTW, don't you mean no measures taken?

ioan
11th August 2009, 16:05
Isn't that what I said?

BTW, don't you mean no measures taken?

Oups, my bad I meant no measures.
And I was just trying to support your point. :)

Sonic
11th August 2009, 17:42
Oups, my bad I meant no measures.
And I was just trying to support your point. :)

One big happy forum family! :)

As for the thread. Schools and public transport do much more to spread infections and they stayed open during the last pandemics so I see no reason why they won't do so this time around.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to wash my hands.........this keyboard is a germ factory. ;) :p

Shifter
11th August 2009, 20:01
people are still worried about this stuff? I thought the media would have latched onto a new doomsday plot by now to scare people into watching through the commercial break.

race_director
11th August 2009, 20:18
One big happy forum family! :)

As for the thread. Schools and public transport do much more to spread infections and they stayed open during the last pandemics so I see no reason why they won't do so this time around.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to wash my hands.........this keyboard is a germ factory. ;) :p

well i will i think ur out of touch of the world

school children are the 1st people to get affect in my part of the world. since there inmune system is not that strong . that why they get affected by it

but its in my part of the world . out of the 15-16 deaths and around 600 people affected . almost around 30% are school children

Sonic
11th August 2009, 20:51
Yes it is exactly the same here in blighty. Children spread the infection very quickly, which is exactly what I said in the previous post so how I am out of touch with the world I don't know.

race_director
11th August 2009, 21:21
my point is that if school and transport are spreading the point . we have to close the things down .

Goverment's and parents have to at end of the day realize that a school children or people missing school/office for a few weeks or months is far better than having this thing

whats the use of education/money if u do not live to enjoy it ?

And no way do i want to see a race where people get sick after attending it

we have to realize that we have no data on H1NI and have no vaccine to prevent this and also we are prescribing TAMIFLU to counter this this thing. H1N1 is adapting to TAMIFLU and there has been instaces where this drug has failed inspite of the the FLU being detected at early stage.

i am being a bit self centric here. i am really handfull with challeneges this world throws at u. i do not want another headache with this stuff
Sonic: there was bit of mis understanding from my side. regret the error

Mekola
12th August 2009, 05:17
Here in Argentina some racing events were suspended and postponed during July due to A(H1N1) flu, but this month the events were resumed successfully. Hope in Spain there will be no problems to run the European GP properly.

ShiftingGears
12th August 2009, 08:48
my point is that if school and transport are spreading the point . we have to close the things down .

Goverment's and parents have to at end of the day realize that a school children or people missing school/office for a few weeks or months is far better than having this thing

whats the use of education/money if u do not live to enjoy it ?

And no way do i want to see a race where people get sick after attending it

we have to realize that we have no data on H1NI and have no vaccine to prevent this and also we are prescribing TAMIFLU to counter this this thing. H1N1 is adapting to TAMIFLU and there has been instaces where this drug has failed inspite of the the FLU being detected at early stage.

i am being a bit self centric here. i am really handfull with challeneges this world throws at u. i do not want another headache with this stuff
Sonic: there was bit of mis understanding from my side. regret the error

It's just like a normal flu, I don't see the great concern.

DexDexter
12th August 2009, 09:01
people are still worried about this stuff? I thought the media would have latched onto a new doomsday plot by now to scare people into watching through the commercial break.

Yep, people are. Just because it's not talked about in the US doesn't mean it isn't there. During the summer, almost every flight that came from NYC to Helsinki had people who were infected in the States. It appears not to be that dangerous but since it's a new type of virus, people are understandably concerned.

race_director
12th August 2009, 18:28
Yep, people are. Just because it's not talked about in the US doesn't mean it isn't there. During the summer, almost every flight that came from NYC to Helsinki had people who were infected in the States. It appears not to be that dangerous but since it's a new type of virus, people are understandably concerned.

an that also without really tool to fight it . no vacinne . and a single drug if used for a long time would be useless

Easy Drifter
13th August 2009, 02:21
We have quite a few cases in Canada but the only people talking about it are the newscasters and papers. The public are basically just shrugging their shoulders. The vast majority of cases are just another flu and the number of deaths here is far far lower than from other flu strains so far.
They are testing vaccines now and they should be readily available by mid fall.

Saint Devote
13th August 2009, 03:45
What can be done really?

Beyond normal good hygenic practices such as washing hands with good quality soap and taking personal care through good eating habits and exercise to raise resistance.

In Israel at the airports security barriers have been programmed to read all passengers temperatures as they pass through - seems to have been sucessful so far.

And the main motivator for the production of the antiviral agent, Tamiflu, was none other than former US Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld while he was chairman of Gilead Sciences the inventing company. Kudos!

Valve Bounce
13th August 2009, 06:16
I was wondering what is the impact on swine flu in f1 and considering the last crowd gather at a place in the races. how soon are we goona see the race being canceled or racing in front of empty stands.

There are many countries which are very serious with H1N1 and also many countries have banned events where there a mass gathering .

I totally agree with banning of large gathering .

we cannot become zombies and watch the race one we are dead :)

Have you ever considered the mass gatherings in the streets in Bombay? The equivalent would be to ban people from walking in the streets in Bombay, or Hong Kong, or Soeul, just for starters.
Can you imagine banning people from inside trains in India? or even outside on the roof?

555-04Q2
13th August 2009, 06:43
WTF is everyone going on about swine flu for :?: More people suffer from and die from the common cold than Swine flu. I would prefer to know what effects will eating too many pies have on F1 :?:

Knock-on
13th August 2009, 11:11
WTF is everyone going on about swine flu for :?: More people suffer from and die from the common cold than Swine flu. I would prefer to know what effects will eating too many pies have on F1 :?:

I've never run away from a fight with a Pie in my life!!!

I don't know what effect that has had on F1 but Marks and Spencer have reported I have experienced a 25% increase in waist size since 1985!!

555-04Q2
13th August 2009, 11:55
I've never run away from a fight with a Pie in my life!!!

I don't know what effect that has had on F1 but Marks and Spencer have reported I have experienced a 25% increase in waist size since 1985!!

25% :s hock: You must eat a hell of a lot of Cornish Pasties :p :

Knock-on
13th August 2009, 12:03
25% :s hock: You must eat a hell of a lot of Cornish Pasties :p :

Funnily enough, I am tucking into a Sainsburys cornish pasty as I type :)

Storm
18th August 2009, 13:37
Can you imagine banning people from inside trains in India? or even outside on the roof?

Which is almost exactly what has happened in my city for the last week or so. There is so much panic (with most people being super afraid of the flu) that all schools and public activities have been cancelled for 2 weeks.
Even workplaces are taking the hit, what with most people wearing masks (which do diddly squat in keeping the virus out!) or staying home..

:\

nigelred5
18th August 2009, 15:01
It's just like a normal flu, I don't see the great concern.
The concern is the population that is being affected by it the most is traditionally the healthiest of the population and of the ages that are not routinely treated with flu vaccine. The elderly and the very young have actually been affected far less than the 15-35 age groups, at least in my reading at work. They are traditionally the last to receive annual influenza vaccinations. Far more concerning is it's propensity for adaptation. While the present variant may not actually be that viral, it's the potential that it is demonstrating that is of GREAT concern. It has the potential to mutate into something far more concerning, and the more the present variant is spread and then actually OVER treated, the more likely it is to mutate into something truely untreatable.

That said, If you are sick, STAY the heck home and use proper hygene. Masks are far more important at keeping the virus IN and contained in a sick person than out of a helathy one. Wash your hands!!!