Just been announced on Sky News

So who will it be now, Badoer?

Roamy
11th August 2009, 08:47
Oh Boy!!
Who is the guy that made the bet with me Oh I think i can find him he he

Cooper_S
11th August 2009, 08:47
If confirmed... Badoer has been testing along side Schumacher so he would be the natural choice.

Spoonbender
11th August 2009, 08:50
It's on Sky Sports website. It says the neck injury he sustained in February still troubling him. http://www.skysports.com/

I wonder how many bookies are sighing with relief :)

It should be Badoer, for sure

jimakos
11th August 2009, 08:50
Really bad news.
What exactly happened?

Roamy
11th August 2009, 08:51
Look for Alonso to be in the seat

GridGirl
11th August 2009, 08:53
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8186319.stm

I was actually looking forward to the bore fest that is valencia. :(

leopard
11th August 2009, 08:54
No one tipping for M. Gene?

I am evil Homer
11th August 2009, 08:54
Why...is Flavio dead? Alonso won't happen IMO - Sato would be the best option, maybe Piquet Jr

I am evil Homer
11th August 2009, 08:55
No one tipping for M. Gene?

If Mark Gene or Luca Badoer is the answer - you're asking the wrong question!

Spoonbender
11th August 2009, 08:57
I guess D.C. may still be fit enough, plus presumably still has his "super licence"

leopard
11th August 2009, 09:01
If Mark Gene or Luca Badoer is the answer - you're asking the wrong question!

ok point taken :)

Michael took some diets, I get feeling he will remain to drive.

pitscar
11th August 2009, 09:09
Darn it. I was all set to drive four hours into the city to catch this race.

Still love the track though. I just hope Fernie gets a seat to keep the crowd interested.

christophulus
11th August 2009, 09:11
I had my suspicions that this might happen.. surely it would've made sense to wait until they knew MS was fit to race before announcing it?

Still think Bernie had a hand in this - selling out Valencia in a fortnight with the promise of seeing Schumacher race sounds like a canny piece of business.

Badoer looks to have been confirmed anyway.

Roamy
11th August 2009, 09:12
Why...is Flavio dead? Alonso won't happen IMO - Sato would be the best option, maybe Piquet Jr

God you are "evil"

Ari
11th August 2009, 09:17
Damn. :( Was really looking forward to it. Am so bummed now. :(

Look for Alonso to be in the seat

Mid-season? For one race? While signed to Renault? I can't believe people really think this can happen.

So Alonso is going to go to Ferrari and they will tell him all about the car and how to drive it then a week later he's back at Renault again? Argh. Anyways... don't wish to derail the thread....

But yeah... foir mine it will be Badoer as it should have been all along. The 'no in season testing' is what's caused this whole problem to start with imo. I think next year the FIA will need to put in place some special measures and have a real think about how they integrate rookie drivers into a team when there's no in season testing. In doing that will also need to be sure they don't leave holes in the plan where teams can use a new driver to do potential testing. Thought required,

christophulus
11th August 2009, 09:20
It's Badoer

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77619

jimakos
11th August 2009, 09:24
The return of MCS was the biggest event of this summer!
F1 starts tire people and MCS would gave some glory with his comeback!
Nevermind,waiting for Massa's return...

millencolin
11th August 2009, 09:30
damn... not badoer... I still believe it should be Sato

emporer_k
11th August 2009, 09:32
The term anti-climax springs to mind.

Roamy
11th August 2009, 09:40
damn... not badoer... I still believe it should be Sato

Right and free California Rolls for everyone !!

pino
11th August 2009, 09:54
Very sad news, this forum will now be desertic and boring again :( :p :

ShiftingGears
11th August 2009, 10:32
Damn. Oh well, at least Badoer might score his first point in F1 :p :
If I were a driver I wouldn't want to be near someone who hasn't encountered high powered open wheel cars in race conditions in nearly 10 years.

ioan
11th August 2009, 10:35
Very sad news, this forum will now be desertic and boring again :( :p :

So true! :D

Well, I'm chuffed that he will not do it and I'm disappointed that hey chose Badoer instead of some real race driver. Bye bye 3rd place in the constructors championship.

Sonic
11th August 2009, 10:47
I'm pleased for Badoer. He is after all lead test and reserve driver, and now he gets to live the dream (for a race or two anyway).

As for Shumi; big anti-climax but he is right to step aside is his health is at risk.

And whoever mentioned DC - he has already made it very clear that he got his a$$ handed to him by Kimi 4 years ago and he has no intention of getting an even bigger kicking now.

woody2goody
11th August 2009, 11:04
Me too I think Luca deserves his chance after all he's done for the team.

If anybody thinks he'll do badly, just remember this: this is Ferrari. the most successful F1 team of all time. If they didn't think he is quick enough to win races they wouldn't put him in the car.

Ps, why are people dismissing Valencia as boring after just ONE RACE? It took til 2002 for people to officially name the Hungaroring as boring :p

woody2goody
11th August 2009, 11:06
Also, does anybody know if Schumi's just not doing Valencia or he's ruled out the whole season?

555-04Q2
11th August 2009, 11:10
Sh!t news, but his fitness was a concern from the start. Pity...could have turned into an exciting season...but no more.

ioan
11th August 2009, 11:15
If they didn't think he is quick enough to win races they wouldn't put him in the car.

Tell me this was a joke! You can't realistically believe that Badoer is quick enough to win a race on merit while fighting Hamilton, Vettel, Webber in faster cars.

This is just a move to appease the Italian supporters after MS pulled out.

It will be a miracle if Badoer doesn't produce some accident at the start, unless he starts first (not realistic) or dead last (possible), given that he didn't race since the end of 1999!

ioan
11th August 2009, 11:18
What about all the fans who bought tickets because of MS coming back?!
Before his return announcement only 6000 tickets were sold for the European GP, one week after it was more than 35000 and who knows how many since that, this will make for 30000 unhappy spectators.

Ranger
11th August 2009, 11:25
Before his return announcement only 6000 tickets were sold for the European GP, one week after it was more than 35000 and who knows how many since that, this will make for 30000 unhappy spectators.

Well, as they say... Sh*t happens.

ArrowsFA1
11th August 2009, 11:35
Perhaps he'll refund them their money :p

It's a shame we won't get to see MS racing again. It would have been interesting to see how he would have done, but now we'll never know.

UltimateDanGTR
11th August 2009, 11:42
damn. damn. damn. damn.

so so so dissapointing, now we will have badoer instead, who although im pleased for the hap, we no longer will have that extra special season ending we were gonna have.

I bet the likes of vettel, hamilton etc who never got to race schumi must be devastated now. i am.

but an injuries an injury, what can ya do.........

Anderton
11th August 2009, 12:16
Gutted he isn't coming back, but his fitness was questionable from the start.
Still, will be interesting to see how Badoer does.

N. Jones
11th August 2009, 12:30
Whoo! The "hero" has left the building!
It's Badoer instead...

Josti
11th August 2009, 12:40
Shame not to see Schumacher again, but it's nice to seen an Italian driver getting in an active Ferrari seat once. Badoer almost beates Jan Lammers' record!

ioan
11th August 2009, 13:03
...Badoer has driven ...driven this seasons car briefly so he does have current F1 handling experience.

Source?

The way people are talking you would think he hasn't been near a car for 10 years!! :p

You mean he drove an F1 car in circles for 10 years? Sure he did.
Did he race an F1 car or any other high performance car since the end of the 1999 season? No, he didn't!

herra47
11th August 2009, 13:11
Source?

You mean he drove an F1 car in circles for 10 years? Sure he did.
Did he race an F1 car or any other high performance car since the end of the 1999 season? No, he didn't!

Here he is racing with Alonso : ) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJzYRrqjC78

ioan
11th August 2009, 13:12
I'm wondering how much of this pull out has to do with his fitness and how much with the refusal of the F60 test.

He did one day of testing in the F2007, he had another 2 days scheduled for today and tomorrow and these were announced yesterday hours before the decision not to race. It's a bit daft to happily announce that you are going to have a 2 day test in a F1 car and a few hours later you say that last week end you decided at short notice to do a medical check and it's results are bad?!
He did train hard and also drive karts the whole week end without problems.

It smells fishy to me.
All these reports about him needing further checks surfaced after the F60 test was denied by Williams and RedBull and I think this move to announce he isn't coming back anymore is a way to demonstrate to those who were against the chance that they shot themselves in the foot.

Valencia is a rather poor track and attendance as well as TV rates will not be high, not to mention that with Renault and Alonso out of the game Schumacher's comeback was the only thing most fans were looking forward to.

ioan
11th August 2009, 13:13

Great move! I suppose we will get more of it! :(

I am evil Homer
11th August 2009, 13:24
I'm wondering how much of this pull out has to do with his fitness and how much with the refusal of the F60 test.

He did one day of testing in the F2007, he had another 2 days scheduled for today and tomorrow and these were announced yesterday hours before the decision not to race. It's a bit daft to happily announce that you are going to have a 2 day test in a F1 car and a few hours later you say that last week end you decided at short notice to do a medical check and it's results are bad?!

It smells fishy to me.
All these reports about him needing further checks surfaced after the F60 test was denied by Williams and RedBull and I think this move to announce he isn't coming back anymore is a way to demonstrate to those who were against the chance that they shot themselves in the foot.

Valencia is a rather poor track and attendance as well as TV rates will not be high, not to mention that with Renault and Alonso out of the game Schumacher's comeback was the only thing most fans were looking forward to.

I suspect the MS announcement boosted ticket sales no end...wonder if they'll get a refund?!?!

ioan
11th August 2009, 13:27
I suspect the MS announcement boosted ticket sales no end...wonder if they'll get a refund?!?!

No way there will be a refund.

markabilly
11th August 2009, 13:36

It smells fishy to me.

The pain issue can be very subjective up to a point. There are scans that can be done to show the problems, up to a point.

The injury to the neck is a very valid reason for him to cancel.

The spinal colummn consists of bones that have discs in between the bones that permits the neck to be able to move. The nerve roots that come from the spine through the small openings in the spinal column are in very close proximity to the discs. When these openings are reduced, the nerve becomes pinched. This happenes due to old age, arithitis, or from repeated stresses.

or it can happen from one accident, where the forces on the neck cause the disc to bulge or herniate into the opening. The disc material will start to bulge into the area and puts pressure on the nerves going through the opening, resulting in what is refferred to as a "pinched neck" (and is the term used in the press release.

This pain can come and go, but with older folks, once the injury occurs, one must be careful not to engage in certain activities or the pain returns.

many will recall what Spock used to do in Star Trek, grabbing and pinching a certain area between the neck and shoulder. In real life, this hurts when one does it with real force, to the point of unbearable pain. This is what is happening between the verterbrae of the neck and it is very painful.

When one is very young, up to about 20, the disc is very flexible and rubbery. As one gets older, the disc material loses the moisture and becomes more and more solid or less "rubbery". Hence at age 18, the injury might not be so bad, and the disc might actually recover, but at age 35, the disc may continue to bulge and put more pressue on the nerve.

Some injuries to the spinal column can not be healed by time. For example, at his age, he may have a herniated or bulging disc that pinches upon certain nerves. Sometimes therapy and immobilization can reduce the pain and swelling, but that is treating the symptom or source of pain, and is not a cure. Subjecting the neck to certain strains, indeed, just walking around can cause the disc or spine to close down enough to pinch the nerve and produce the pain again. Sufficient pressure on the nerve can produce numbness up to paralysis in areas where those nerves end or control such as the arm or fingers.

Surgery is possible and the only course of real treatment in form of a "cure" but usually only done where the pinching of the nerve becomes so severe that there is continued numbness or paralysis that must be corrected. Unfortunately many times, depending on the nature or the surgery (for example a fusion at various levels of the vertebrae), the surgery can increase the risk of severe injury from the forces to the neck (as the neck loses flexibility as a result of the suregery) and the accident forces can result in complete or partial severance of the spinal cord, whereas before such surgery, such an injury might not have occurred.

Personally I am extremely disappointed, but if he had pain from one day of testing, three continous days of practice and race, could make his problem so bad, he seeks surgery. And I do not think he will be returning to racing in F1, now or next year or ever, if it is as hinted in the press release
So......... :(

ioan
11th August 2009, 13:40
The pain issue can be very subjective up to a point. There are scans that can be done to show the problems, up to a point.

The injury to the neck is a very valid reason for him to cancel.

The spinal colummn consists of bones that have discs in between the bones that permits the neck to be able to move. The nerve roots that come from the spine through the small openings in the spinal column are in very close proximity to the discs. When these openings are reduced, the nerve becomes pinched. This happenes due to old age, arithitis, or from repeated stresses.

or it can happen from one accident, where the forces on the neck cause the disc to bulge or herniate into the opening. The disc material will start to bulge into the area and puts pressure on the nerves going through the opening, resulting in what is refferred to as a "pinched neck" (and is the term used in the press release.

This pain can come and go, but with older folks, once the injury occurs, one must be careful not to engage in certain activities or the pain returns.

many will recall what Spock used to do in Star Trek, grabbing and pinching a certain area between the neck and shoulder. In real life, this hurts when one does it with real force, to the point of unbearable pain. This is what is happening between the verterbrae of the neck and it is very painful.

When one is very young, up to about 20, the disc is very flexible and rubbery. As one gets older, the disc material loses the moisture and becomes more and more solid or less "rubbery". Hence at age 18, the injury might not be so bad, and the disc might actually recover, but at age 35, the disc may continue to bulge and put more pressue on the nerve.

Some injuries to the spinal column can not be healed by time. For example, at his age, he may have a herniated or bulging disc that pinches upon certain nerves. Sometimes therapy and immobilization can reduce the pain and swelling, but that is treating the symptom or source of pain, and is not a cure. Subjecting the neck to certain strains, indeed, just walking around can cause the disc or spine to close down enough to pinch the nerve and produce the pain again. Sufficient pressure on the nerve can produce numbness up to paralysis in areas where those nerves end or control such as the arm or fingers.

Surgery is possible and the only course of real treatment in form of a "cure" but usually only done where the pinching of the nerve becomes so severe that there is continued numbness or paralysis that must be corrected. Unfortunately many times, depending on the nature or the surgery (for example a fusion at various levels of the vertebrae), the surgery can increase the risk of severe injury from the forces to the neck (as the neck loses flexibility as a result of the suregery) and the accident forces can result in complete or partial severance of the spinal cord, whereas before such surgery, such an injury might not have occurred.

Personally I am extremely disappointed, but if he had pain from one day of testing, three continous days of practice and race, could make his problem so bad, he seeks surgery. And I do not think he will be returning to racing in F1, now or next year or ever, if it is as hinted in the press release
So......... :(

Thanks for the insights, it helps a lot to understand what exactly happens there.

Do you think that the injury is making itself felt more because he lacks neck muscles training and the pinching could be avoided if the muscles were stronger and could keep his head and neck in a somewhat neutral position?

Sonic
11th August 2009, 14:20
It does neatly answer the question as some have possed about MS returning full time. Never gonna happen.

A younger (hungrier) Shumi would have shrugged off the pain and raced on. But the fire has gone and this was all a bit if fun - and quite rightly he has decided that for a bit of fun it simply isn't worth the risk of injury.

Also, does anybody know if Schumi's just not Valencia or he's ruled out the whole season?

The exact wording he used was]yet[/U]." so who knows.

Knock-on
11th August 2009, 15:01

None whatsoever

ioan
11th August 2009, 15:07
I think you're just picking at my posts now mate to be honest.

You're free to believe what you wish, but it doesn't mean it's true! ;)

11th August 2009, 15:17
None whatsoever

Rare though it is, this is an occasion on which we agree.

Michael knows he is not fit enough. It is that simple. Nothing to do with not being able to test.

He may have been somewhat dubious with on-track methods from time to time, but his honesty within the teams he worked with is well known.

He knew, as Ferrari knew, that getting track time in the F60 was not a given so it played no part in his decision to attempt a return. He wouldn't have led the team along like that.

Roamy
11th August 2009, 16:27

perfect PUNT

VkmSpouge
11th August 2009, 18:57
Well it is a shame that Michael Schumacher will not be competing but if he's not fit enough to drive then he has taken the right decision.

grantb4
11th August 2009, 20:33
I read that Ferrari want to run a third car next year, supposedly for Schumacher. I bet it's for Alonso (or Massa or Kimi) because it sounds like they contracts for at least 3 drivers.

jimakos
11th August 2009, 20:57
I read that Ferrari want to run a third car next year, supposedly for Schumacher. I bet it's for Alonso (or Massa or Kimi) because it sounds like they contracts for at least 3 drivers.

Alonso in Ferrari?
I would like to see that!!
But to tell the truth prefer Raikkonen and Massa again in Ferrari with an improved and more competitive car :D

markabilly
12th August 2009, 04:48
Thanks for the insights, it helps a lot to understand what exactly happens there.

Do you think that the injury is making itself felt more because he lacks neck muscles training and the pinching could be avoided if the muscles were stronger and could keep his head and neck in a somewhat neutral position?
probably not.

Unlike many, I do not think neck muscle strength has anything to do with it. Weak muscles can result in muscle strains that mimic a pinched nerve, but actually has nothing to do with the spinal nerves and the nerves that are routed out through the verterbrae. It is just a sore muscle just like leg or arm muscles---that is not the problem here.

It depends on exact problem. At age 40 and older, the discs have much more issues, and there might be some fractures involved in the base of the skull or in the verterbrae.

The discs do two things, they permit the neck to turn and they also act as sort of rubber gromments for absorbing shocks. As they get older, they lose their flexibility just like rubber that hardens with age.

Indeed, the spinal column, including the neck, acts as a shock absorber to up and down forces, and the muscles have a very limited role to play in the up and down forces (ie, vertical g-forces rather than lateral).

For example he could have the strongest neck muscles possible, more than adequate to withstand all the lateral g-forces, but the actions of dropping or letting the car down from the stand in the pit stops might be enough to cause more serious injury from compression on a damaged disc or damaged bony structure.

There have been a number of times when a car would be let down real hard by the pit crew, and you can see the effect on the driver's head as the head bounces.

Then there is striking the kerbs and bouncing off them. Strong neck muscles are not enough to deal with that shock (more vertical g-force rather than lateral) and the spinal structure that begins at the base of the skull extending to the pelvis absorbs much of the impact.

Bumps in the road, with the down force of the car and the lack of springs to absorb the blow, is another problem far worse than lateral g-forces on straining and damaging the spine when it already has pre-existing problems(and we have yet to mention accidents).

All you need is to watch the drivers heads bounce as the car goes down the road.

Add in a potentially fractured verterbrae and further compression could cause a further compression fracture that damages or severes the spinal cord and not merely the nerves that are branching off.

The bottom area of the skull also carries a very large load from the head that is transmitted to the spine as well as to the neck muscles, so if this area of the skull that has been damaged or re-injured, further downward and upward compression and extension can result in severe or even fatal injury.

(the neck extension and compression in crashes of the spinal/skull area was what the Hans device was supposed to eliminate and neck muscle development makes little difference in preventing this type of injury as it is more of an upward pulling movement or extension on the spine rather than a lateral force where the neck is pulled and compressed in the direction of the spine rather than laterally or being twisted)

Dzeidzei
12th August 2009, 06:45
This is just a move to appease the Italian supporters after MS pulled out.

Its a sad day for all the F1 fans. Does anyone hear a chicken somewhere? Chicken? Anyone?

Shalafi
12th August 2009, 08:19
Its a sad day for all the F1 fans. Does anyone hear a chicken somewhere? Chicken? Anyone?

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutiset.shtml/arkistot/f1/2009/08/931053

ioan
12th August 2009, 09:26
http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutiset.shtml/arkistot/f1/2009/08/931053

Good joke! :)
At least your mass media keeps you entertained, much in the same way the Spanish one does! :D

Garry Walker
12th August 2009, 09:29
Dissapointing, but I guess understandable.

Well, I'm chuffed that he will not do it and I'm disappointed that hey chose Badoer instead of some real race driver. Bye bye 3rd place in the constructors championship.

Why are you happy that Schumacher did not do it?

If they didn't think he is quick enough to win races they wouldn't put him in the car.

Funniest post ever.

Robinho
12th August 2009, 09:57
pity he won't make it, but no sense in risking a dodgy neck, which was clearly more injured than originally thought.

imagine now that he had been given a test in the F60 he could have pounded round all day, provided all kinds of valuable feedback, perhaps tested a few parts or set ups and then decided his neck wasn't up to it. that would have effectively been a free test for the team. in that respect i think that somewhat vindicates the other teams decision not to let him have a test, given that all the teams would love a chance to have just one days test at this crucial point in the season.

like i said, pity he won't be out, i think it would have been intriguing, great for Badoer, don't think he'll be slow, but his racecraft is likely to be a bit rusty. don't think he'll be a disgrace and its a nice reqard fro someone who has given so much behind the scenes for Ferrari for so many years

ioan
12th August 2009, 10:20
Why are you happy that Schumacher did not do it?

If he really has a neck problem he won't be able to be as fast as his talents allow and we will never hear the end of it from the usual suspects who resurfaced after he announced his comeback.

I hoped he did say no in the end because he wanted to have an idea how the car works in order to hit the ground running, but after reading markabilly's post I think that it's better like this.

Don't get me wrong I'm confident he's still good enough if 100% fit and I would have loved it to see him back for the remaining 7 races.

Funniest post ever.

Yep, a really good one! :)

555-04Q2
12th August 2009, 12:29

:?: what are you implying :?:

markabilly
12th August 2009, 12:37
:?: what are you implying :?:
something real stupid

Dzeidzei
12th August 2009, 13:04
something real stupid

Did you mean:

something real, stupid
or
something really stupid

Well, Mika Salo already said it. Maybe someone else has the balls to say it too.

ShiftingGears
12th August 2009, 13:39
Did you mean:

something real, stupid
or
something really stupid

Well, Mika Salo already said it. Maybe someone else has the balls to say it too.

Maybe someone else has the brains to not say it.

If you're suggesting that Schumacher is chickening out.

Dzeidzei
12th August 2009, 13:47
If you're suggesting that Schumacher is chickening out.

Dont think so, but Mika Salo does. And youre right, sushi has bigger brains than him.

On the other hand.. maybe MS realised that he would be way off pace and the neck thing gave him a honorable (in a way) way out. Makes one just wonder, if this was just a pr stunt. Was he really trying to come back? He didnt have anything to gain, remember :)

truefan72
12th August 2009, 13:48
its sad for racing fans, but health comes first.
Quite naturally there will be conspiracy theorists, but but in this case it is pretty clear that MS would have loved to race again, but the neck and injury was just too much of a risk. He has a family, and a full life ahead of him, no need to ruin it and risk major damage to his already ailing neck.

Sometimes it takes an even bigger man to check his ego and make the right call. In that regard, MS has my respect

ShiftingGears
12th August 2009, 13:53
Dont think so, but Mika Salo does. And youre right, sushi has bigger brains than him.

On the other hand.. maybe MS realised that he would be way off pace and the neck thing gave him a honorable (in a way) way out. Makes one just wonder, if this was just a pr stunt. Was he really trying to come back? He didnt have anything to gain, remember :)

If he didn't have anything to gain why would he tool around losing four kilos for a "PR stunt"?

That makes no sense.

Jon 'Massa' Beagles
12th August 2009, 13:55
If there's anything you can't accuse Schumacher of it is being a chicken! This is the man who was almost fearless in treacherous conditions and would come across as arrogant and even robotic at times in his desire to win...calling him a chicken is liking calling Yuji Ide a success in Formula 1; innacurate and laughable.

Knock-on
12th August 2009, 14:01
I've got a wacky idea.

Perhaps MS damaged his neck in an accident earlier this year and this is causing him real issues under the immense loading inside a F1 cockpit forcing him to pull out.

OK, I said it was a wacky idea :D

555-04Q2
12th August 2009, 14:03

WTF! I've read it all now. Lord, take me, I have completed my education and am ready to kneel at thy feet as your humble and educated servant!

555-04Q2
12th August 2009, 14:23
I've got a wacky idea.

Perhaps MS damaged his neck in an accident earlier this year and this is causing him real issues under the immense loading inside a F1 cockpit forcing him to pull out.

OK, I said it was a wacky idea :D

No, MS never had an "accident" earlier this year. He never "hurt" his neck. It is all "lies lies and more lies". His "accident" was to cover/distract attention away from him being spotted in a KFC store that would be damaging for his image ;)

555-04Q2
12th August 2009, 14:26
Yeah Schumi's lap times may have been so far off the pace that Ferrari themselves pulled the plug on the whole idea, hence the genuine disappointment from MS himself... :)

That is a strong posibility :up: however I doubt it. The last time MS did official testing for Ferrari he was superquick, faster than the current drivers in fact. You dont lose your driving ability overnight, or a year for that matter.

ioan
12th August 2009, 14:51
something real stupid

;)

ioan
12th August 2009, 14:54
I think Luca may have lost his mind, or is using the MS hysteria for abit of publicity which is clever...

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=46583

Can't imagine MS coming back for any other reason than was stated after Massa's crash but hey.... :confused:

He needs a car for Alonso!

ArrowsFA1
12th August 2009, 15:02
Can't imagine MS coming back for any other reason than was stated after Massa's crash but hey.... :confused:
Agreed :up: I think the opportunity to help out Ferrari and sub for his friend Felipe was a unique set of circumstances. Unfortunately his neck injury made it impossible, but I can't see MS making a return to F1 for a full season or even more.

A three car Ferrari team does open up the prospect of Raikkonen, Massa and Alonso lining up alongside each other though :p