PDA

View Full Version : Ambrose Zippo 200!

wedge
10th August 2009, 00:32
Dang! No thread already?!

Once again Kyle has shown he's a complete spoilt brat.

Ambrose admittedly pulled a "divebomb" but it was clean move, no contact and Kyle calls it dirty racing because he admitted he didn't see Ambrose coming down his inside (into the bus stop chicane)!!!! :rotflmao:

dj4monie
10th August 2009, 02:16
Bush really didn't wanna say it was dirty, they egged him on by asking TWICE in the interview, bush league!

He did get dived bombed, but his car had a stronger engine, Marcos was all over him for about 10-12 laps before getting by with that move. He was there to win, Bush wanted to win the Nationwide title and yes he didn't see him until he went to turn in and thought better of it.

But once he got by Bush couldn't run him down.

NASCAR just delayed the inevitable, Marcos lead final practice by .800+ of a second. He'll have the lead by lap 10 tomorrow and barring any crazy stuff, errors in pit lane, he finished 3rd from starting last in 2008. He starts 3rd and unlike year's past when Fellows had the fastest car and started WAY behind, Ambrose has a chance to do the rare double in NASCAR.

Mark in Oshawa
13th August 2009, 06:35
Ambrose didn't get the double, but man, what he did to Shrubbie almost had me feel sorry for the Shrub. Kyle was squaking, and he wasnt goaded into it either. HE was ticked, because he hates losing. I can live with that, and I enjoy watching him finish second again.

What Marcos did was take the race track away and force Kyle to either give way or wreck him. To Kyle's credit, he gave way, and came back like a man. If the situation was reversed, Kyle would have likely done something similar, and Marcos would have congratulated him. All in all, NASCAR fans finally woke up to the magic of a good road course pass. We OW and Sportscar fans have been seeing races like this for years, but only this year has it seemed to me NASCAR fans are cluing into to the chess game there is to racing on a road course.

The Phantom
13th August 2009, 14:06
Agree completely, Mark - that pass was beautifully executed, but when it comes down to it it was just the usual sort of pass that is seen in every V8 Supercars race. Marcos has done it a hundred times before. I don't understand why it's been beaten up into some sort of big deal?

But then again I don't understand why NASCAR drivers think it's normal to 'wreck' another car if they get a bit ticked off about something. In V8 Supercars they'd be getting their lights punched out behind the pits for that sort of thing.

Go Marcus, finally we're seeing what you can really do.

wedge
13th August 2009, 14:57
Marcus admitted he made a suicidal 'divebomb'. It wasn't just instinctive.

I watched it the replay a few times and what impresses me is from the onboard he took so much kerb and momentum on the right-left section he never shot off the track.

But then again I don't understand why NASCAR drivers think it's normal to 'wreck' another car if they get a bit ticked off about something. In V8 Supercars they'd be getting their lights punched out behind the pits for that sort of thing.

I blame that on Tony Stewart.

Mark in Oshawa
15th August 2009, 18:50
...But then again I don't understand why NASCAR drivers think it's normal to 'wreck' another car if they get a bit ticked off about something. In V8 Supercars they'd be getting their lights punched out behind the pits for that sort of thing.....

NASCAR drivers don't wreck another car that often. They are usually likely to go after a guy in the garage and have it out. Take away Robby Gordon and a little playful bump after the race is about as far as it gets. Robby is a nut and on thin ice. I am befuddled why he isn't being sat down.

NASCAR drivers usually save their revenge for subtle things, such as taking the air off a guy going into a fast corner at Michigan or Daytona, or maybe a little bump at Bristol or Martinsville. Most of the time, any grudges are taken up verbally afterwards, and guys maybe just wait half a year or so till an opportunity to give someone a gentle nudge or mess them up.

You hear the guys talk about giving and taking at places at Daytona and Talladega where you let guys by when it is clear you would wreck trying to keep them behind you. This concept often filters down to all the tracks, but when it is the last 50 laps or so, Give and take has been turning into grab and go and the drivers that figure out they wont get a break are the ones who usually stay out of trouble. The fights are pretty few for a series that races 36 races a year, with all those hours of practice added in. No other series runs with 43 guys every week either....I am shocked we don't have more nastiness....

call_me_andrew
15th August 2009, 22:43
I want to say there was something wrong with that pass, but I can't find it.

Mark in Oshawa
16th August 2009, 05:05
I want to say there was something wrong with that pass, but I can't find it.

The only guy who had a problem with it was Kyle, and after today's little temper tantrum when he was fighting with Vickers at Michigan in the Nationwide race, he is making it clear he is insulted when anyone passes him. Too bad for Kyle....he better get used to it.

harvick#1
16th August 2009, 05:15
The only guy who had a problem with it was Kyle, and after today's little temper tantrum when he was fighting with Vickers at Michigan in the Nationwide race, he is making it clear he is insulted when anyone passes him. Too bad for Kyle....he better get used to it.

yeah I read the post race remarks, and Kyle is just becoming his former self, throwing temper tantrums because guys are racing him too hard, someone call the Waaaaaaaaaahhhhbulance.

wedge
16th August 2009, 14:28
I'd rather put up with the PR/politically correct Kyle than the real persona but then the sports need characters....

harvick#1
16th August 2009, 15:27
the sport doesnt need crybabies like this, hes acting just like Lebron James in the NBA, thinks hes the greatest athlete and doesn't know how to take a loss,

Kyle is a sore loser, which is very poor sportsmanship, this is not needed for any driver nor any person

muggle not
16th August 2009, 16:11
This is the post race interview with Kyle and Vickers sitting side by side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umYDDpEX1ik&

Mark in Oshawa
16th August 2009, 16:40
That was a perfect Kyle Busch presser. He was whiny, accusative, annoyed and acting like someone had a gun to his head to be there. Vickers I don't believe should have anything to be sorry for but you wouldn't know that by Busch. The boy is a suck.