PDA

View Full Version : Again, lack of Nascar enforcement

harvick#1
9th August 2009, 00:40
this is getting pathetic, I like Robby, but Nascar should of parked his ass after wrecking Joey, once again Nascar shows no law enforcement for blantent slamming.

NickFalzone
9th August 2009, 01:20
I didn't see what happened. It looked like Joey got into Robbie earlier, then Robbie knocked Joey into the armco during a caution, is that right?

e2mtt
9th August 2009, 01:57
Robby was definitely in full-on idiot mode today. Robby made (apparent) intentional contact with Joey Lagono about 5 times, shredding his own tire once, before finally punting Joey off & ending his race. Rather over the line, even for a no-rules Robby fan.

ShiftingGears
9th August 2009, 02:47
Robby Gordon is, by all accounts, a nutsack. I would be pleased if he was banned from NASCAR for a lengthy period. At least he was nowhere near Ambrose this time.

Sparky1329
9th August 2009, 04:07
NASCAR must've given Robby a "Get Out of Jail Free" card today after screwing him with a bogus five lap penalty last week at Pocono. My guess is that Joey will give Robby a lot of room if they get near each other tomorrow.

MD24
9th August 2009, 04:20
this is getting pathetic, I like Robby, but Nascar should of parked his ass after wrecking Joey, once again Nascar shows no law enforcement for blantent slamming.

Agree, I was surprised Nascar didn't do anything about it.
Gordon showed once again that he can't control his emotions.

Sparky1329
9th August 2009, 04:39
From Bob Pockrass, Scene Daily.....

http://www.scenedaily.com/news/articles/nationwideseries/_Who_was_stupid_Joey_Logano_or_Robby_Gordon.html

WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. – Joey Logano and Robby Gordon got into beating and banging on the track during the Zippo 200 on Saturday, resulting in a flat tire for both of them, then more contact and some hard feelings following the Nationwide Series race at Watkins Glen International.

The 19-year-old Logano, who eventually spun and hit the wall to finish 33rd, voiced his displeasure afterward with Gordon.

“He decided to wreck me under caution, which is not real cool, I think,” said the Joe Gibbs Racing driver. “It’s a pretty raw deal to race someone pretty stupid. You can’t fix stupid. It’s forever. … I got caught with an idiot.”

Gordon’s response?

“Whatever,” said the veteran driver/owner. “I’m not too worried about what Joey Logano thinks to be honest with you. The second time [when he wrecked] he got into somebody else. I don’t think he passed anybody without running into them first. That’s what he did to me. So it is what it is. He’s not going to run into me and think he’s going to go on by because he knocked me sideways. That’s just not the way it goes.”

It is unlikely Gordon and Logano will forget the incident soon.

“He cut down my left-front tire earlier and we got into a grudge match after that,” Logano said. “It was back-and-forth and back-and-forth into each other. Eventually a caution came out and he put me into the fence and my car went up in flames.

“That was real nice. You remember that stuff. Eventually it’s going to turn around and bite him because he races everyone the same way just like that. I don’t know if this is the one place he thinks he can run good so he beat the hell out of everybody. You just remember that. Eventually everyone is going to start doing that back to him. What goes around comes around.”

Gordon said Logano hit him first to start the exchange.

“He hit me first, so it all started with him making contact with my back bumper in Turn 11,” Gordon said. “That’s where it all started. If he can learn to pass me clean, I’m cool with it. But if he’s going to run into me, he’s going to get hit back. It’s just plain and simple.”

Neither driver competes in the Nationwide series full time. It was Gordon’s first start of the season in the series as he hoped to score a win on a road course where he has won in the Cup series.

Gordon had a long day after starting third. He got hit from behind and then into the back of Greg Biffle, who then spun Gordon. Even with front-end damage to his car – and even after heavy cosmetic damage after the tire issue that followed the first Logano incident – Gordon was running fast lap times. He had to settle for 14th.

“Until Logano got into me and got flat tires for both of us, we were hanging in there in eighth place,” Gordon said. “I got really, really aero tight with the hood being [bowed] up [from damage] like it was. All in all, we had a decent day.”

muggle not
9th August 2009, 14:24
Maybe I am in the minority opinion on this but I think Logano is crying like the kid he is and that Robby was not entirely at fault. There will always be payback and Robby was simply "paying" back.

harvick#1
9th August 2009, 16:04
oh yeah Robby's motto, "you hit me, I hit you 5 times and then wreck you"

Sparky1329
9th August 2009, 16:06
Robby typically doesn't mess with anybody who doesn't mess with him. Biffle tapped him in the bus stop yesterday then gave him room to get back in line in front of him at a later point. That's an implied apology and both drivers went on their merry way.

Last week at Pocono Stremme knocked Robby sideways on at least two occasions before Robby gave him a few taps on the back bumper to show his displeasure. IMO that's a perfectly appropriate response. When Robby moved on to pass the #12 Stremme blatantly took Robby out yet Robby got parked for 5 laps for no good reason. Had Robby done what he threatened to do on the radio he would've earned a parking. He didn't. NASCAR screwed him.

The circumstances of yesterday's events are pretty well explained in the Pockrass interviews of both drivers. Joey is a rookie and he'll eventually learn what give-and-take means. In the meantime he needs to expect retaliation when he runs into somebody and ruins their day.

Sparky1329
9th August 2009, 16:33
oh yeah Robby's motto, "you hit me, I hit you 5 times and then wreck you"

Knowing that Robby will eventually retaliate, why would anybody with an ounce of common sense not give him plenty of room - especially on a road course? Look, you know very well that NASCAR would have no problem parking Robby if they thought he crossed the line. They have a special rule book just for him. They gave him the Lucky Dog.

Wade91
9th August 2009, 16:38
Robby was mad becouse he lost a position when Joey hit him, but he lost alot more positions when he cut his tire down by hitting Joey back, but i guess that made him even madder so he had to crash Joey :s

muggle not
9th August 2009, 17:16
maybe Joey will learn and maybe he won't. i don't think that Kyle has learned yet but I'll bet he is sorry that he did the chop block on Tony as it may have put him out of the Chase.

Wade91
9th August 2009, 17:45
maybe Joey will learn and maybe he won't. i don't think that Kyle has learned yet but I'll bet he is sorry that he did the chop block on Tony as it may have put him out of the Chase.
the only thing Kyle has in mind during a race is winning i dont think he gets the concept of "big piture racing"

Mark in Oshawa
13th August 2009, 06:30
Lets see, Robby goes out to nail Stremme and tells the world he is going to over the radio. Never mind that Stremme was taken out by the same incident that started it. Reed Sorenson was the culprit, but Robby doesn't have a spotter with any working braincells to tell Robby who wrecked him, so Stremme gets molested for a lap or so before finally putting Robby into the weeds. NASCAR should have done something before Stremme did what he did but hey, that's NASCAR letting the drivers settle their own feuds.

Then the Glen comes along and Joey and Robby get into it. Since not one of us likely saw all of it, lets just put it down to a "racing deal" on why it started. Joey shouldn't be hitting Robby back, since Robby cant deal with his temper, but Joey is the rookie, in case anyone forgot. I suspect Joey wont go near him again, but he isn't going to let Gordon push him around either. Logano has to show he isnt' going to kiss anyone's @ss or move over, especially to Robby Gordon.

Guys, there is a reason this idgit owns his own team, it is because he wont listen to anyone. He does what he does, and thinks he is getting somewhere. 34th in the points is where he is, and if he used his head for something else other than a place to put his helmet he might be in the 20's.

He picked on younger guys because if he started that crap with Harvick or Biffle, they would pummel him, and if he did it to Mark Martin, the garage would kill him. What is more, it would be predicated on catching the Biff or Harvick. Robby Gordon picked on Logano and Stremme partially because he figured he could get away with it. NASCAR let him too...and that is sad. After Pocono, I would have read him the riot act and I would have pulled his car from the entry at the Glen for the Cup race after the crap he pulled on Logano. Robby can drive if he listens to reason, but he makes Kyle Busch look mellow.

At least the Shrub doesn't run into people in the act of being a dork....