PDA

View Full Version : Todt unveils FIA election manifesto

race_director
5th August 2009, 19:01
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77563

interesting that he wants to clip the power of president, vice president and World council.

He wants to make president a dummy in FIA and also does not want world council role in investigating special cases.

a ferrari agenda?

ioan
5th August 2009, 19:49
Decentralization + transparency! Looks good to me!

PS: I don't see anything that would favor Ferrari. Can't we have posts that aren't implying something that isn't there?

Sonic
5th August 2009, 20:33
Some have said we shouldn't have Todt as president as he is too close to Ferrari, but many of the same people also say we need a figure head with intimate knowledge of the sport. The only way to gain that knowledge is to be heavily involved in some form of motorsport, so be it Todt or whoever there will always be cries of "an agenda".

Todt is a great candidate and is saying a lot of the right things - we'll see which route the FIA choose.

gloomyDAY
6th August 2009, 06:55
[It will] examine improvements to the stewarding system of the FIA's major championships and also explore the development of stewards training courses to encourage their professional developmentFinally!

Todt comes from rallying, so I'll be comforted to know that someone is in charge putting that train wreck back on its rails. WRC has probably hit a lower bottom than F1 in terms of popularity and competition. I'm sick of watching a 2 pony race!

a ferrari agenda?This made me laugh a bit.

What makes you think this has anything to do with Ferrari?
Todt just wants some more transparency. Jesus!

ArrowsFA1
6th August 2009, 08:13
Todt proposes to appoint a commissioner to oversee the day-to-day management and governance of each of its world championships would include Formula 1, whose responsibilities would extend to commercial matters.
"The commissioner will represent the FIA in all regulatory and commercial issues relating to the championship, reporting to the World Council and relevant sporting commissions," says the manifesto.
"A system of commissioners will reduce the need for the FIA president, or deputy, to become directly involved in any particular championship and give more time to the leadership to concentrate on the strategic management of the FIA as a whole embracing the twin pillars of both mobility and motor sport."
:up: :up: :up:

Mark
6th August 2009, 08:43
But if Todt is elected president every second post on this forum will be "Ferrari bias!!"

I am evil Homer
6th August 2009, 09:06
Everything he says is good. Whether any of it would happen is an entirely different matter due to so many entrenched interests.

But today I give this a big :up:

pino
6th August 2009, 09:08
But if Todt is elected president every second post on this forum will be "Ferrari bias!!"

Wont be different from what has been for years :p :

SGWilko
6th August 2009, 09:39
Some have said we shouldn't have Todt as president as he is too close to Ferrari, but many of the same people also say we need a figure head with intimate knowledge of the sport. The only way to gain that knowledge is to be heavily involved in some form of motorsport, so be it Todt or whoever there will always be cries of "an agenda".

Todt is a great candidate and is saying a lot of the right things - we'll see which route the FIA choose.

Also, forget not that Todt not only has been successful - no, scrap that VERY successful - in F1 team management as well as Sportscar (I think) and rallying, and you have a very appropriate CV.

As to his Ferrari past, there will always be mutterings, but Prima Facie, he IS the best candidate as it stands.

Knock-on
6th August 2009, 09:50
By definition, anyone that would consider being the President of the FIA is the wrong man for the job :D

It all looks nice on paper and it's encouraging to see so many people accept this manifesto as a plan of changes to come.

Now, I've got a truck load of Peckham Spring Water at a lovely-jubbly price for you all. Who's first?

SGWilko
6th August 2009, 09:54
By definition, anyone that would consider being the President of the FIA is the wrong man for the job :D

It all looks nice on paper and it's encouraging to see so many people accept this manifesto as a plan of changes to come.

Now, I've got a truck load of Peckham Spring Water at a lovely-jubbly price for you all. Who's first?

Ah yes, Mother Natures Son........

ShiftingGears
6th August 2009, 10:18
I am liking this.

ArrowsFA1
6th August 2009, 10:20
It all looks nice on paper...
Indeed...the proof is in the pudding and all that :D

race_director
6th August 2009, 10:43
bernie also came with a similar manifesto in 1990.

Knock-on
6th August 2009, 10:47
bernie also came with a similar manifesto in 1990.

As the saying goes, fool me once then shame on you. Fool me twice then shame on me ;)

All the Ladies in "Big 'n' Bouncy" claim to be raving nympho's who are gagging for me to visit as well :laugh:

race_director
6th August 2009, 12:20
As the saying goes, fool me once then shame on you. Fool me twice then shame on me ;)

All the Ladies in "Big 'n' Bouncy" claim to be raving nympho's who are gagging for me to visit as well :laugh:

KNOCK i think its time to meet up and have some moonshine :)

ioan
6th August 2009, 13:10

That's only because every 2nd forum member is a tool. :s

Wont be different from what has been for years :p :

Exactly. :D

AndyL
6th August 2009, 13:19
:up: :up: :up:

You won't be saying that when it turns out the commissioner for F1 is Max Mosley...

:crazy:

ioan
6th August 2009, 13:20
You won't be saying that when it turns out the commissioner for F1 is Max Mosley...

:laugh: Good one! :up:

Knock-on
6th August 2009, 13:27
That's only because every 2nd forum member is a tool. :s

Well, I've just done a straw poll using just the two of us and it aint me.

That just leaves you :D

ioan
6th August 2009, 13:49
Well, I've just done a straw poll using just the two of us and it aint me.

That just leaves you :D

Funny, I did the same and the result was different! :p :

ArrowsFA1
6th August 2009, 13:54

Todt wouldn't do that...would he... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Easy Drifter
6th August 2009, 15:58
Some tools are useful.
Others----?

veeten
6th August 2009, 17:34

to quote our good friend, David Lowndes...

"Noooooooooooooo!!!! :s hock:"
:p :

race_director
7th August 2009, 06:04

OMG . MUMMY :(

10th August 2009, 16:26
""In my years in the European parliament I could not say the truth about my colleagues, so I said nothing"

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77613

Nice one Mr Vatanen. A coward who is afraid to tell the truth is just what the FIA need. No wonder you claim some of the F1 teams like you.

ioan
10th August 2009, 16:40
"In my years in the European parliament I could not say the truth about my colleagues, so I said nothing"

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77613

Nice one Mr Vatanen. A coward who is afraid to tell the truth is just what the FIA need. No wonder you claim some of the F1 teams like you.

Yeah, good one.
Where was his integrity back than? In his pocket?

ArrowsFA1
11th August 2009, 08:16
"I learned my lesson," he explained. "I never said one word negative about Jean, and not one word negative about Max. In my track record in public life over 30 years I never criticised people personally. But I may make a mistake, and if I do then please forgive me if I do something wrong.
"In my years in the European parliament I could not say the truth about my colleagues, so I said nothing – and I did not criticise them. Never. It is not my style.
I do wonder whether this is a case of the spoken word not "translating" to a webpage very well. I know that when listening to someone talk in a language that is not their own what they mean is clear, but when the words are written the meaning is lost or obscured.

It seems to me that AV is making the point that it is not his style to criticise people personally. In politics there are times when it's prudent to work behind the scenes rather than be openly critical of someone, and I think this is what he is referring to when he says "I could not say the truth about my colleagues."

Clearly he feels his comments regarding Jean Todt's work for the FIA Foundation were taken out of context, but also that he may have made a mistake in this case.

veeten
21st August 2009, 17:06
worry, worry, worry... :uhoh:

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns21746.html