PDA

View Full Version : The last 7 races

Knock-on
5th August 2009, 11:39
The final races have the potential to be inspiring and unpredictable.

Schumachers return, Brawns desperate fight to kling onto the coat tails of Ferrari, Red Bull and possibly McLaren, 2 new drivers with no F1 experience and a new track.

Has there ever been a more unpredictable championship in modern times?

I still think Jenson can drive the wheels off that Brawn and clinch the championship for Brawn in their maiden year. However, he's going to have to box clever and keep his nose clean as there is likely to be some explosive moments out there.

I wonder who will come out on top at Red Bull and Ferrari?

Any predictions?

SGWilko
5th August 2009, 12:14
I suspect that, with Ferrari and McLaren (maybe even Williams) all in with a shout at the sharp end - the potential is to take more points away from Red Bull.

Brawn need to get a handle on whatever is upsetting the car. I suspect whatever they did to address the wet weather performance has screwed up their dry weather advantage.

Perhaps their lack of funding is beginning to show?

Can't Image Schui doing anything other than impressing in his debut. I bet Kimi suddenly drives a lot quicker from the outset, rather than on the last few laps.....

I hope it proves an exciting climax to a real topsy turvy season.

I am evil Homer
5th August 2009, 13:33
The interesting thing is that really you could see plenty of people in with a shout, depending on the circuit....RBR and Brawn have the championship battle but McLaren...well Hamilton...is coming on strong, Ferrari too.

Williams and Toyota seem on a par but neither has the car to really challenge.

Knock-on
5th August 2009, 14:02
Well, jenson has averaged 7 points a race which is pretty good compared to the 5 Webber and Vettel have.

7 races left and he has an 18.5 point lead so as long as he keeps below a 3 point differentiator then he's in a very good position.

Kimi and Schumy will be right up there by the performance in Budapest as will Lewis although neither of them have a realistic chance for the championship so they can just have fun.

Webber and Seb have to be aggressive as they need podiums. However, they are fighting for podiums with a minimum of 5 cars (MS, KR, LH, JB and RB) with the Williams and Toyota always in the mix. They might have the best car but it's about who can hold places the drivers without a hope having fast cars as well.

There are going to be a few bumps in the last few races and I know what I would do if I was JB.

1. Either fuel short and start on pole knowing you will lose a couple of places because of the early stop and settle for a 3rd or 4th.

2. Go long, let the battle off the line sort itself out and then slot into a podium.

What he doesn't want to do is get involved. Let those chasing do that :D

ioan
5th August 2009, 14:21
There are going to be a few bumps in the last few races and I know what I would do if I was JB.

1. Either fuel short and start on pole knowing you will lose a couple of places because of the early stop and settle for a 3rd or 4th.

2. Go long, let the battle off the line sort itself out and then slot into a podium.

What he doesn't want to do is get involved. Let those chasing do that :D

2. would be my choice.

Going light to get pole that you will probably lose to a KERS equiped competitor that starts 4th will not help the situation.

race_director
5th August 2009, 14:37
Well, jenson has averaged 7 points a race which is pretty good compared to the 5 Webber and Vettel have.

7 races left and he has an 18.5 point lead so as long as he keeps below a 3 point differentiator then he's in a very good position.

:D

i think its game over for Button and Rubens from now. They have thrown the towel into the ring .

IMO . there will be a cat and mouse fight between Mark and Sabian . and will be shortly going through the later part of 2006 season ( DE JA VU )

as for the rest of the GUYS. it will be a fight between MCL and ferrari for the 2nd ( not likely) or 3rd face.

and we will also see some hot move and drives by MS . i am expecting ALONSO VS MS to continue from now on :)

Knock-on
5th August 2009, 14:50
I think you're right ioan.

i think its game over for Button and Rubens from now. They have thrown the towel into the ring .

IMO . there will be a cat and mouse fight between Mark and Sabian . and will be shortly going through the later part of 2006 season ( DE JA VU )

as for the rest of the GUYS. it will be a fight between MCL and ferrari for the 2nd ( not likely) or 3rd face.

and we will also see some hot move and drives by MS . i am expecting ALONSO VS MS to continue from now on :)

Well, it's an opinion I suppose.... ;)

However, I think you may well be having one of VB's egg facials by the end of the season regarding Jenson :D

As for Alonso and Schumy. I think you underestimate how this will fire up Kimi and you forgot Lewis who is every bit as capable as Fred.

Dave B
5th August 2009, 14:59
Any predictions?
I predict that it'll be unpredictable.

</murray>

Mark
5th August 2009, 15:13
Anything can happen in Formula 1. And it usually does!