View Full Version : F1 Rocks

wedge
5th August 2009, 00:16
Bernie moves into music promotion

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/f1mole/2009/08/another-song-to-singapore.html

markabilly
5th August 2009, 06:14
Sing along with bernie??????

So now F1 must rely on this sort of stuff to bring in crowds?
If so, what it really needs is a reality show where the winner gets to race a mac or ferrari or whatever he wishes, based on something like survivor or american idol, as in whoever can sing best or gather firewood, is the winner.

there is even a link to stuff about LH singing

Bernie is missing his chance, not draggin DP over for some great racing action, just click on the sig or any of her videos for some real racing action that will definetly get some attention more than some aging rock stars.

Lewis can not come close to competing with that video......well maybe I am wrong, he and Adrian Sutile could do a shower scene for go daddy just like DP in the sig link

Just makes a mockery of what racing is suppose to be and turns it into a pro werstling spectacle :rolleyes:

.....or even worse, nascar :eek:

leopard
5th August 2009, 07:50
F1 and music are two things a bit related or unrelated altogether. We may find people who attend automotive exhibition regularly are different persons that usually visit music concert.

There is tendency if world leading bands' concert is held at the same time with F1 race, visitors come to the venue only for watching concert and go home at once in the middle of race of even before the race getting started. It may bring more crowd but it may also make the race disorganized.

I think people buy ticket and watch F1 only for the race, any additional ceremony might be entertaining as long as it doesn't ruin the essence of the race. I'd rather consider it would be more appropriate to give entrance to local singer such as Britney look alike...

woody2goody
9th August 2009, 17:42
I think it's doubtful now, but they should add more bands to make it worthwhile.

race_director
9th August 2009, 23:27
I think it's doubtful now, but they should add more bands to make it worthwhile.

like all american rejects playing swing swing , sum 41 with hell song or hot action cop playing fever of the falva on driver radios during races :)

or best play the song " give up the grudge " by GOB on all driver radios while they are racing to cool things down . :)