PDA

View Full Version : Swedish Rally 2010

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Salist
3rd August 2009, 12:58
Do you have any information from the Swedish Rally 2010?

Headquater and Service Park: Hagfors
Start and Finish: Karlstad
Super Special: Karlstad or Hagfors Airport?

Salist
3rd August 2009, 13:11
Official site: http://www.swedishrally.com/wrc/en/

SubaruNorway
3rd August 2009, 13:17
Says on the Swedish site that the service will be in Hagfors airport but start and SSS will be in Karlstad as previous years. Hagfors is 85km north of Karltstad. Hopefully it won't be the mudbath as last year :p

Salist
3rd August 2009, 14:46
The official Uddeholm Swedish Rally 2008 Thread:
http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124370

pino
3rd August 2009, 15:23
Can't wait for (spectating again) this event live :D

Ghostwalker
3rd August 2009, 15:28
IMO it was a correct decision to move the service area back to Hagfors.
It was a poor decision to have most of the services in Karlstad over 80km away from most of tye stages and the spectators.

J4MIE
3rd August 2009, 20:20
I will be there with sausages once again :D

Brother John
4th August 2009, 08:00
I will be there also and make the fire fore the sausages. :D

Micke_VOC
4th August 2009, 14:02
Its gonna be some new stages and some old stages who will come back 2010
=)

This for a more snow safe rally !!!

DonJippo
4th August 2009, 15:08
I will be there also and make the fire fore the sausages. :D

I'll be there to eat those sausages :D

J4MIE
4th August 2009, 20:42
What a team!! :up:

Hopefully the conditions will be more like Norway was this year rather than the last Swedish :s

Salist
4th August 2009, 21:27
On the Norway Rally was very cold (-30C) this year.

Viktory
4th August 2009, 21:36
-5, clear blue skies and lots of snow. That would be the best conditions!

fastboy
5th August 2009, 13:25
I am looking at coming to rally Sweden next year and having never been to a snow rally before,i have a couple of questions to ask.
Is it difficult driving on the snow covered roads and are the access roads for spectators cleared of snow?
What is the best sort of footwear for being out on the stages?(wellies,hiking boots,snow boots)
Can you walk along the stages before hand to find good viewing spots away from the crowds,or is this forbidden?
Also is there lots of tape on the stages keeping you well back?
Thanks

SubaruNorway
5th August 2009, 14:05
Last year the tarmac roads was snowfree actualy, not a problem really. You can drive as normal more or less. If it's warm and icy you might wanna get a hirecar with studs. Only some roads are not cleared of snow but those are bloked anyway.
You're free to walk where ever you want to almost, like last year i took a 1km shortcut through the forest cos there was so little snow.
Get snowboots or hiking boots are fine if your not planing to walk in the deep snow, wellies are insanely slipppy on snow.

J4MIE
5th August 2009, 15:36
fastboy you won't regret going, it's my favourite event of the year even though I don't like being cold! I would advise warm boots being the most important thing to take with you, it is ok when you are walking about and finding someplace but when the stage is running and you are standing still (more or less) then your feet will get very cold.

It's not generally a problem to walk along the stages and is more than worthwhile walking away from the big spectator areas as there are plenty of fantastic corners to get to where there might not be anyone else around. Perfection :cool:

Driving isn't a problem as long as you take it easy and don't try to play rally drivers.....

SubaruNorway
5th August 2009, 15:46
Use some branches to stand on might help for cold feet ;)

J4MIE
5th August 2009, 18:55
Dancing works also :D :bounce:

JFL
5th August 2009, 21:48
I bought some small bags to squeeze inside my gloves, and the same "system" for the boots.. It was worth every 3€. Bought it from SWRT on Rally Norway.. I'm sure more people sell it too... stayed warm for 12 hours..

fastboy
13th August 2009, 15:21
What sort of food can you take out on to the stages,when it is well below freezing?
Also do any drinks you take with you freeze up?

Tomi
13th August 2009, 15:32
What sort of food can you take out on to the stages,when it is well below freezing?
Also do any drinks you take with you freeze up?

Normally ice-cream and drinks that containe a lot of alcohol are ok.

JFL
13th August 2009, 16:05
Haha :) Buy a thermos. Have hot chocolatedrink, or coffie in it... And you can also have hot wieners in there with hot water.. Soda or lemonade won't freeze, unless you leave it in the snow overnight.. :) Foodwise...anything goes.. ;) Maybe if there is a fireplace there, u can steak something...

SubaruNorway
13th August 2009, 16:11
Haha :) Buy a thermos. Have hot chocolatedrink, or coffie in it... And you can also have hot wieners in there with hot water.. Soda or lemonade won't freeze, unless you leave it in the snow overnight.. :) Foddwise...anything goes.. ;) Maybe if there is a fireplace there, u can steak something...

I always bring wieners in a thermos at winter, briliant if you don't have time to make a fire :)

Vargåsen
13th August 2009, 17:27
Actually, frozen sandwiches aren't that bad, I always bring coffee (or glühwein) and sandwiches, works fine, of course cola will freeze if the temperature is below zero, in my opinion, it's to cold for beer as well (though everyone doesn't agree I've notized).

And as someone said before, to put som branches to stand on helps alot to avoid cold feet, don't stand on snow. Snow is cold.

SubaruNorway
13th August 2009, 18:28
How does beer in a thermos work? :p

J4MIE
13th August 2009, 20:17
I can confirm that my sandwich froze solid in Norway this year, wasn't expecting it and took a huge bite and broke my teeth :bigcry:

But yep, it's not usually as extremely cold as that, don't worry about it too much.

DonJippo
13th August 2009, 21:10
What a team!! :up:

I've pre-booked the cottage for 2010 so that's taken care off :D

J4MIE
14th August 2009, 00:05
I presume the dates are confirmed so it's ok to book flights then?

Timole
14th August 2009, 06:54
can anybody give me some links for the accomodation please. I would like some nice cottage for around 8 people.

DonJippo
14th August 2009, 08:37
I presume the dates are confirmed so it's ok to book flights then?

Yes dates are confirmed.

J4MIE
14th August 2009, 12:38
Flights booked - game on :up:

HHM
19th August 2009, 11:15
In 2006 the Swedes allowed all to drive the stages during recce time as it's public roads. We did some few to find the best places for the rally.

General Prim
19th August 2009, 20:36
There are some rumors about a Saturday finish for Swedish Rally and Finland? Can anybody confirms this, please?

Tomi
19th August 2009, 21:12
There are some rumors about a Saturday finish for Swedish Rally and Finland? Can anybody confirms this, please?

What comes to rally finland so they are considering it, but nothing is sure yet.

Brother John
20th August 2009, 07:28

Good idea, finish on Saturday and afterwards a dinner party with some drinks. :D

Koppomsbo
20th August 2009, 10:01

This is the answer i got when i emailed Rally Finland about next year.
(already making my holyday plans for next year) :D

"In 2010 Neste Oil Rally Finland will be driven at the same time of year as now. The race starts on 29 July and ends on 1 August 2010.

Best regards,

Neste Oil Rally Finland"

dyfi1
20th August 2009, 15:22
This is the answer i got when i emailed Rally Finland about next year.
(already making my holyday plans for next year) :D

"In 2010 Neste Oil Rally Finland will be driven at the same time of year as now. The race starts on 29 July and ends on 1 August 2010.

Best regards,

Neste Oil Rally Finland"

Hej Jan
Have you made plans for Rally Sweden 2010? If so, then maybe we`ll meet up? I have just booked a cabin near Sysslebäck, so hoping for more northerly stages ;-) and some good snow. Is there a forumers get together meet up point in Hagfors? I have in mind something like ravintola Vanha Mylly at NORF. All info received with thanks. :-)

fastboy
20th August 2009, 18:56
We have decided to come for the rally and would like any advice on which is the nearest airport and the easiest drive to hagfors.The choices are Stockholm Skavsta , Stockholm Vasteras , or Oslo in Norway.

Is there normally a local rally radio during the event?

Rallyper
20th August 2009, 20:43
Hej Jan
Have you made plans for Rally Sweden 2010? If so, then maybe we`ll meet up? I have just booked a cabin near Sysslebäck, so hoping for more northerly stages ;-) and some good snow. Is there a forumers get together meet up point in Hagfors? I have in mind something like ravintola Vanha Mylly at NORF. All info received with thanks. :-)

How about the forumers meeting in Jämsä at the NORF this year? Was it good?

We were passing through Jämsä when you´d a good beer drinking time...
:beer:

Koppomsbo
20th August 2009, 21:40
We have decided to come for the rally and would like any advice on which is the nearest airport and the easiest drive to hagfors.The choices are Stockholm Skavsta , Stockholm Vasteras , or Oslo in Norway.

Oslo, without a doubt. And yes there is a local rally radio, and they use to try get results and interviews in english

Koppomsbo
20th August 2009, 21:42
Hej Jan

Hey There

Yea, the only plans i made is that im going to watch the rally :)

Just send me some PMs and maybe we can sort something out :)

DonJippo
20th August 2009, 22:03

I would fly to Sweden, car rental prices are much higher in Norway compared to Sweden.

Micke_VOC
21st August 2009, 22:10
Hej Jan

There gonna be some new stages in the north part of wermland, that for get more snow safe roads...

And a few old stages are back in Dalarna...

dyfi1
22nd August 2009, 08:20
can anybody give me some links for the accomodation please. I would like some nice cottage for around 8 people.

HI Timole, here`s a link to the company I have used to rent cottage. http://www.novasol.com

dyfi1
22nd August 2009, 08:44
There gonna be some new stages in the north part of wermland, that for get more snow safe roads...

And a few old stages are back in Dalarna...

Thanks for this info. I have read either in a magazine or on line, I forget which, that the organizers were thinking of moving some stages further north. Nice of you to confirm this because I was starting to think I`d dreamt it!

dyfi1
22nd August 2009, 09:53
Hey There

Yea, the only plans i made is that im going to watch the rally :)

Just send me some PMs and maybe we can sort something out :)

PM sent

J4MIE
24th August 2009, 12:15
You can also fly to Karlstad as well :)

Micke_VOC
25th August 2009, 11:48
Thanks for this info. I have read either in a magazine or on line, I forget which, that the organizers were thinking of moving some stages further north. Nice of you to confirm this because I was starting to think I`d dreamt it!

"Likenäs" stage is one of them and some new stages in the north west.

The stages in Dalarna who is back is Legendary "Sågen" and "Gravendal"
The last time they drove Sågen was in 2004 and Gravendal in 2007.

pino
25th August 2009, 11:59
You can also fly to Karlstad as well :)

That's what I am going to do...can't wait :D

fastboy
21st September 2009, 21:01
Can anyone in Sweden,confirm the rally will run fri - sun ,as i have found out that Jordan will definately start Thursday Lunchtime and finish saturday afternoon.

Has anyone seen the route and does it include any extra milage now the regs allow another 150 km of stages?

When is rally Guide 1 likely to be released ?

Vargåsen
22nd September 2009, 20:46
Yes it will be run thursday-sunday

Camelopard
23rd September 2009, 00:43
.....as i have found out that Jordan will definately start Thursday Lunchtime and finish saturday afternoon.

Where did you get that information from as it will help in planing our trip? P.S. did you get my email?

Viktory
23rd September 2009, 11:35

Stockholm. Since it seems like you're flying Ryanair, and then the "Oslo" Ryainair fly to is Torp, and that's a long drive! (5 hours or so)

COD
23rd September 2009, 13:07
What's the weather like in Karlstad now? :laugh:

A.F.F.
23rd September 2009, 13:53
And where are the shakedown times? :confused:

bennizw
23rd September 2009, 14:46
And where is Tom?

noel157
23rd September 2009, 15:17
Can't get WRC radio, anybody else having problems......

Leon
24th September 2009, 05:06
Anyone remember the result sites.....

splits are not working again...

Micke_VOC
24th September 2009, 21:53
Stockholm. Since it seems like you're flying Ryanair, and then the "Oslo" Ryainair fly to is Torp, and that's a long drive! (5 hours or so)

I will say Oslo, Torp its same distance to Karlstad. About 3 hours.
The rental car its cheaper in sweden i think.

tibbs
3rd October 2009, 22:23
Hi lads,
Myself and a few mates have booked flights and accomodation for this we're staying in Karlstad from Thurs to Sun, can't wait :D has anyone any recommendations for what stages would be worth heading up to on the Fri / Sat?

Also re clothes to bring, I've never been to anywhere colder than where I live so any tips would be great!

CheeRS!

Retlub Ecaps
5th October 2009, 19:30
Also re clothes to bring, I've never been to anywhere colder than where I live so any tips would be great!

I've never been to Sweden, but I do know cold weather. :D Warm boots are important, as someone else mentioned. Other than that, dress in layers -- it's better to wear multiple lighter shirts and sweaters than just one or two really warm ones. If you've got several shirts, you can take one off or put an extra one on if you're too hot or too cold at some point in the day, but if you just go with a t-shirt, sweater, and coat, then if they're too warm (or not warm enough) for the actual conditions, you're in for an uncomfortable time.

Technically, it's also best to make sure the layer touching your skin is not made of cotton -- stuff like polypropylene is much better, or wool if you don't mind the feel -- but if you won't be working up a sweat (hiking through a bunch of snow to find spectating spots, etc) that probably won't matter much. Your outer layer should be something water resistant, like most winter coats are, or made of wool (which won't block the wind, but will keep you warm even if it gets wet).

Oh, and these probably go without saying, but bring gloves, a warm hat that can cover your ears, and if your coat can't zip up all the way to your chin and keep the wind out, a scarf. And having some chemical heating pads like the ones they sell to skiers might be a good idea if you're going to be out on the stages a long time, as they're fantastic for warming up fingers and toes.

Juha_Koo
5th October 2009, 23:08
My periferic blood flow is poor and I had had problems in winter rallies because my fingers would just freeze really really badly. Few winters back I got an idea while being in the kitchen. :)

First, I put on a pair of normal wool gloves. Then I roll some aluminium foil (the one from the kitchen) on top of those gloves. Apply some smoothing so that it fits nicely to hands. Then on top of that package I put on some warm winter mittens. I can guarantee warm hands and fingers in temperatures under minus twenty centigrade. The downside is that hands/fingers become somewhat difficult to use. :D

Ghostwalker
5th October 2009, 23:38

Google maps:

Oslo/Torp- Hagfors(click) (http://maps.google.se/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Sandefjord+Lufthavn+Torp&daddr=Hagfors&geocode=&hl=sv&mra=ls&sll=59.1817,10.251127&sspn=0.033199,0.132093&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=8) distance: 352km, expected driving time: 5 hr 13min

Västerås-Hagfors route1 (via Lindesberg/Hällefors) (http://maps.google.se/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=V%C3%A4ster%C3%A5s&daddr=59.461128,15.430298+to:Rutt+244+to:Hagfors&hl=sv&geocode=%3B%3BFQr3jAMduqDgAA%3B&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=10&via=1,2&sll=59.546849,15.402832&sspn=0.525501,2.113495&ie=UTF8&ll=59.676062,15.512695&spn=1.046978,4.22699&t=h&z=9) distance: 242km drTime: 3hr 45 min i have earlier used this route from but i think that route below is faster now since the roads between Örebro and Karlstad is better now then they were two years ago.

Västerås-Hagfors route 2 (via Örebro, Karlskoga, Karlstad) (http://maps.google.se/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=V%C3%A4ster%C3%A5s&daddr=Hagfors&hl=sv&mra=ls&sll=60.023806,13.672466&sspn=1.036099,4.22699&ie=UTF8&ll=59.602485,15.097961&spn=1.049275,4.22699&t=h&z=9) distance 261km drTi: 3 hr 26 minutes.

JFL
6th October 2009, 00:16
I bought some heat bags from one of the stands in the Vikingship on Rally Norway, and they kept my feet and hands comfortably warm all day.. It was something like this...
http://www.emprep.com/hand%20warmer%20heat%20pack.html

pino
6th October 2009, 05:52
Flights tickets booked :D

j_R-80
15th October 2009, 18:47
We are coming to Karlstad with 4 friends :) Can`t wait to be there in February. Is there any good place to be with a camper? Hope there is going to be lots of snow!! Anyone coming from Jyväskylä too?

dyfi1
15th October 2009, 22:13
Hope there is going to be lots of snow!! Anyone coming from Jyväskylä too?

Welcome to the forum! I will be in the Jyväskylä region (Petäjävesi) for the first week in February. I leave there for Swedish Rally on Sunday 07 Feb on Naantali - Kapelskär (Sp?) ferry. Will our paths cross?

j_R-80
16th October 2009, 05:32
Welcome to the forum! I will be in the Jyväskylä region (Petäjävesi) for the first week in February. I leave there for Swedish Rally on Sunday 07 Feb on Naantali - Kapelskär (Sp?) ferry. Will our paths cross?

We are going to leave from here on Wednesday.. But also with ferry from Naantali.

j_R-80
22nd October 2009, 10:07
Ferry and camper booked! :) Now just waiting for February.. Is there a place where all campers go usually or is everyone in the forests? In rally Finland they camp in all over Jyväskylä.

DonJippo
22nd October 2009, 11:14
Anyone have any idea about rallyguide 1? Normally should be out five months prior the event I believe but no sign of it on event's webpage?

Tuscany gravel
29th October 2009, 19:15
I'll come in Sweden for follow WRC Rally for the first time in 2010.

I've read that next year Rally move to north, around Torsby with new and storic special stages.

I have some videos of spectacular stages on icy lakes (around Torsby) of 1996 and before (group B cars). Anyone knows if are there famous stages that cross icy lakes in modern Uddeholm Swedish Rally (or next year in the northern area)?

Ghostwalker
30th October 2009, 17:03
I'll come in Sweden for follow WRC Rally for the first time in 2010.

I've read that next year Rally move to north, around Torsby with new and storic special stages.

I have some videos of spectacular stages on icy lakes (around Torsby) of 1996 and before (group B cars). Anyone knows if are there famous stages that cross icy lakes in modern Uddeholm Swedish Rally (or next year in the northern area)?

The service has been moved back to Hagfors and i think the most southern stages have been further north in hope for more snow.
I doubt that there will be any stages on the lakes.

Salist
30th October 2009, 18:53
We also booked the flight and accomodation and just waiting for February... :)

fastboy
30th October 2009, 19:51
Anyone have any idea about rallyguide 1? Normally should be out five months prior the event I believe but no sign of it on event's webpage?

Also wanted to know about Rally Guide 1,the reply i got back was hopefully 2-3 weeks as they were waiting for confirmation of the 2010 regulations from FIA.How crap are the FIA though?

PLuto
31st October 2009, 00:13
Brand new spectator stage Varmullsasen - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=9421

http://www.autosport.cz/img/clanky/b_3da93c04ebcb2392455bbb168a3425f0.jpg

Ghostwalker
31st October 2009, 13:37
Brand new spectator stage Varmullsasen - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=9421

looks nice. its got to be somewhere near this location (http://maps.google.se/maps?q=V%C3%A4rmulls%C3%A5sen&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=V%C3%A4rmulls%C3%A5sen&ll=60.012459,13.746128&spn=0.032389,0.164795&t=h&z=14) then?

Barreis
31st October 2009, 14:39
Cool road.. XD

fastboy
2nd November 2009, 16:52
The official web site has put up the itinerary today which looks pretty good.
I am now booking accomodation and flights this week but does any one know of direct flights to Karlstad from the u.k?

Ghostwalker
2nd November 2009, 18:24
The official web site has put up the itinerary today which looks pretty good.
I am now booking accomodation and flights this week but does any one know of direct flights to Karlstad from the u.k?

according to official airport website the only (non charter) flights is to
Copenhagen and Stockholm.

http://www.lfv.se/sv/Karlstad/Resenar/Destinationer/

MJW
2nd November 2009, 18:27
SAS do a Manchester or London flight to Copenhagen, then change to a propellor engined aircraft from CPH directly to Karlstad - v.v. expensive route!

StevieWonder
2nd November 2009, 20:35
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/top/topnews/d16/d/2009/11/02/groenholm-plant-schweden-einsatz/index.html

according this article bosse is planning to compete in rally sweden 2010 - and already talked to petter so far.
moreover he is also interested in some more rallies (but no whole championship!) - but he needs more money for it.
petter confirmed the contact with bosse; but also mentioned, that he also needs more money - as he just has the half of the budget for a whole season !

Finni
2nd November 2009, 22:26
Crazy world!

Henning is getting full budget and Petter is fighting it. Lol :--)

J4MIE
3rd November 2009, 00:41
Skyways have flights on small planes to Karlstad from Copenhagen and Stockholm and maybe others. To get to Karlstad you will have to transfer from somewhere else for sure as it's not a big airport. I did that in 2008 (from Copenhagen) and was a bit expensive but the timing suited me.
http://www.skyways.se

Route looks good, Torsby will be a good base for the event. I am getting excited already :)

Gordini
3rd November 2009, 09:33
Is there a wethercam for the area that we can follow to get the latest on the winter conditions ?

sindroms
3rd November 2009, 09:46
Is there a wethercam for the area that we can follow to get the latest on the winter conditions ?

Here it is - http://www.sunne.se/weathercam.html
Sunne - town near by Torsby

Ghostwalker
3rd November 2009, 10:53

a few more:

Ski resorts:
http://www.branas.se/webbkamera/Branas/bilder_00001.jpg
http://www.swedcam.se/hovfjallet/ (Torsby)

Other:
Karlstad: http://www.webbkameror.se/webbkameror/tv4/tv4_karlstad_1_640.php

Säffle: http://www.swecams.se/visit.php?camid=124

Sunne Road Cam: http://www.sunne.se/weathercam.html

snowdepth maps:

http://www.smhi.se/cmp/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=5505&l=sv
http://www-beta.smhi.se/vadret/vadret-i-sverige/snodjup

Micke_VOC
3rd November 2009, 11:36
Route 2010

Thursday 10/2
SS 1 Karlstad Super Special Stage 1 20:00

Friday 11/2
SS 2 Likenäs 1 08:18
SS 3 Viggen 1 09:41
SS 4 Torntorp 1 10:51
Service Hagfors 11:40
SS 5 Likenäs 2 13:33
SS 6 Viggen 2 14:56
SS 7 Torntorp 2 16:29
Service Hagfors 17:08
SS 8 Karlstad Super Special Stage 2 20:00

Saturday 12/2
SS 9 Vargåsen 1 07:58
SS 10 Sågen 1 09:46
SS 11 Fredriksberg 1 10:42
SS 12 Hagfors Sprint 1 11:58
Service Hagfors 12:38
SS 13 Vargåsen 2 13:41
SS 14 Sågen 2 15:34
SS 15 Fredriksberg 2 16:30
SS 16 Hagfors Sprint 2 17:46
Service Hagfors 18:16

Sunday 13/2
SS 17 Rämmen 1 07:52
SS 18 Värmullsåsen 1 08:28
Service Hagfors 09:21
SS 19 Lesjöfors 10:51
SS 20 Rämmen 2 11:23
SS 21 Värmullsåsen 2 12:52
Finish Karlstad, Stora Torget 15:30

pino
3rd November 2009, 12:29
Let's hope there will be plenty of snow...so I can also enjoy Don Jippo's driving skills :rolleyes: :p :

DonJippo
3rd November 2009, 13:26
Let's hope there will be plenty of snow...so I can also enjoy Don Jippo's driving skills :rolleyes: :p :

Make sure you have decent shoes with you because you will be walking now... :s mokin:

fastboy
3rd November 2009, 16:40
Will the last proper stages of day 1 & 2 be run in the dark or is it still light at around 16.30 in Sweden during febuary?

Ghostwalker
3rd November 2009, 17:59
Will the last proper stages of day 1 & 2 be run in the dark or is it still light at around 16.30 in Sweden during febuary?

i would say that its not going to be dark. It will still be some daylight left.

Today it wasn't dark at 16.30 and the "distance" from today to the Winter Solstice is one week less then from the Winter Solstice to the rally.

anncath
3rd November 2009, 18:02
I think to remember it´s getting dark around 16:00h. The Hagfors Sprint is usualy in the darknes, latest at 17:00 it will be dark.

Ghostwalker
3rd November 2009, 18:21
According to this website (http://rl.se/sol_maane/), which calculates when the suns goes up and down, the sun will set at 16.50 in Hagfors.
also see this picture (Screenshot of website)
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/1267/solnedgang.png

This means it will only be dark for the sprint on Friday and Saturday.

bennizw
3rd November 2009, 21:24
The sprint has used to be in the dark. That's a part of the stage's spirit :)

Vargåsen
3rd November 2009, 21:51
At 16:30 it will be almost dark, especially if it's cloudy.

Ghostwalker
3rd November 2009, 22:15
At 16:30 it will be almost dark, especially if it's cloudy.

if there's clouds sure but not if its clear.
It cant possible be dark before the sunset?

J4MIE
3rd November 2009, 22:35
if there's clouds sure but not if its clear.
It cant possible be dark before the sunset?

Maybe it's a Swedish thing? :D

pino
3rd November 2009, 22:50
Maybe it's a Swedish thing? :D

...or a :beer: thing :p :

Vargåsen
4th November 2009, 22:37
Hehe

Well you should be right there, but the Vargåsen stage, run at 15:40 in 2006-2008 has been run with extra lights in the dusk, I've been there every year and the later starters have been running in the dark, and it has been difficult to take good pictures at the front runners as well due to this.
So 16:30 should make it almost dark for most of the drivers.... of course one thing that addes to this illusion can be that the strong extra lights makes the surroundings around the cars appear darker,, anyway, these stages will be considered dark stages I'm sure

JFL
4th November 2009, 23:24
Pirelli made some new control tyres for Rally Sweden and Rally Norway...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTDNLUzjkpg&feature=player_embedded

bluuford
5th November 2009, 09:35
Pirelli made some new control tyres for Rally Sweden and Rally Norway...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTDNLUzjkpg&feature=player_embedded

Well, there is a risk that some drivers decide to take big cuts :-)

Tuscany gravel
5th November 2009, 18:14
Anyone knows where is this jump (and if next year will be run)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCdhY5l21_k&feature=related

Thanks

bennizw
5th November 2009, 19:07
Hmm, that seemed like a nice spot, I'm interested too!

bryst
5th November 2009, 22:38
Thinking about coming to sweden after a very enjoyable rally in 2006, which is the best place to stay to gain easy access to all the stages, I stayed in Hallefors last time and there was a bit too much travelling. Can anyone direct me to the best area to stay in and any good quality self catering accommodation.

Ghostwalker
6th November 2009, 11:38
Thinking about coming to sweden after a very enjoyable rally in 2006, which is the best place to stay to gain easy access to all the stages, I stayed in Hallefors last time and there was a bit too much travelling. Can anyone direct me to the best area to stay in and any good quality self catering accommodation.

not sure what you mean with self catering but here is 4 youth hostels in Hagfors:

http://www.varmland.org/event.asp?typ=list&ty=1&su=5&a=7&lang=

Sulland
6th November 2009, 14:25
Any trace of winter in the Torsby area yet ?

bryst
6th November 2009, 14:43
not sure what you mean with self catering but here is 4 youth hostels in Hagfors:

http://www.varmland.org/event.asp?typ=list&ty=1&su=5&a=7&lang=

Self catering means you get your own food, I was thinking about a comfortable log cabin but have no experience of these so wondered if anyone knew of any good ones.

Ghostwalker
6th November 2009, 15:32
Self catering means you get your own food, I was thinking about a comfortable log cabin but have no experience of these so wondered if anyone knew of any good ones.

here is a couple of websites with info about private cabins/cottages for rent.

http://www.varmland.org/event.asp?typ=list&ty=1&su=62&a=0

http://www.stugsidan.se/index.php?language=1&tab=tab1&show=county&language=2

http://www.varmland.org/event.asp?typ=list&ty=1&su=4&lang=

i dont have any personal experience of any of these...

bryst
6th November 2009, 16:35
here is a couple of websites with info about private cabins/cottages for rent.

http://www.varmland.org/event.asp?typ=list&ty=1&su=62&a=0

http://www.stugsidan.se/index.php?language=1&tab=tab1&show=county&language=2

http://www.varmland.org/event.asp?typ=list&ty=1&su=4&lang=

i dont have any personal experience of any of these...

Thanks Ghostwalker, do you live in the rally area.

DonJippo
6th November 2009, 18:27
Any trace of winter in the Torsby area yet ?

And we have a winner :p

Ghostwalker
7th November 2009, 16:30
Thanks Ghostwalker, do you live in the rally area.

nope i live about 250km east from Hagfors.

Micke_VOC
9th November 2009, 10:53
Anyone knows where is this jump (and if next year will be run)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCdhY5l21_k&feature=related

Thanks

I think that jump its on Bjälverud-stage ( "Soptunna")

They call that the "Rådströms jump" ..after a big jump in 2001 with the Mitsubishi.

No bjälverud stage in 2010 rally.

Rallyper
9th November 2009, 14:12
I think that jump its on Bjälverud-stage ( "Soptunna")

They call that the "Rådströms jump" ..after a big jump in 2001 with the Mitsubishi.

No bjälverud stage in 2010 rally.

Soptunna = garbage-can :D

hari
12th November 2009, 11:22
Rally Guide 1 is availiable: http://www.swedishrally.com/wrc/

Hartusvuori
12th November 2009, 13:54
Rally Guide 1 is availiable: http://www.swedishrally.com/wrc/

Timetable looks at first really nice. Noteable, 100 kms on Sunday sounds cool (remember Norway this year). Also on Friday and Saturday the last proper stages start later (after 16:30) than on previous Rally Sweden so it should be darker if not total darkness for the first cars.

Ghostwalker
12th November 2009, 20:54
Timetable looks at first really nice. Noteable, 100 kms on Sunday sounds cool (remember Norway this year). Also on Friday and Saturday the last proper stages start later (after 16:30) than on previous Rally Sweden so it should be darker if not total darkness for the first cars.

as said earlier SS8 and SS16 will probably be dark but the rest
wont at least not for the first cars as the sun does not set until 16.50 on Saturday and 16,47 on Friday.

J4MIE
12th November 2009, 21:25
Sunlight is better for taking photos, I will be making DJ take us to stages to avoid darkness if possible ;)

PuddleJumper
16th November 2009, 21:26
Is there room for one more? :cool:

I'd like to say "I will be there", but for now I can only say "I hope to be there". Still arguing over whether I can have the time off, but as I haven't yet used a single day of my 2009/2010 holiday allocation, I think I'm going to win this time.

DonJippo
16th November 2009, 22:47
Is there room for one more? :cool:

We have, want to join?

Sulland
17th November 2009, 19:05
Looks like it is getting colder in the end of next week. It needs to be cold without snow for a while to get the ground frozen before the snow can come.
This process takes some time, but we are getting towards december.....

http://www.vackertvader.se/hagfors/10d

I just badly want the swedes to get a real winterrally this time !!
Fingers crossed.

Ghostwalker
21st November 2009, 12:39
P-G Andersson has received a wildcard to Rally Sweden, he will drive a
Group N car.

http://www.nwt.se/sport/article618607.ece

Salist
22nd November 2009, 17:11
P-G Andersson has received a wildcard to Rally Sweden, he will drive a
Group N car.

http://www.nwt.se/sport/article618607.ece

Great news.
Thanks Ghostwalker.

SunDanceRanch
28th November 2009, 16:04

Bryst

bryst

Thinking about coming to sweden after a very enjoyable rally in 2006, which is the best place to stay to gain easy access to all the stages, I stayed in Hallefors last time and there was a bit too much travelling. Can anyone direct me to the best area to stay in and any good quality self catering accommodation

Hej you can look on our website :http://www.sundanceranch.eu

Greetings Dimitry and Anita

anncath
28th November 2009, 16:52
Thinking about coming to sweden after a very enjoyable rally in 2006, which is the best place to stay to gain easy access to all the stages, I stayed in Hallefors last time and there was a bit too much travelling. Can anyone direct me to the best area to stay in and any good quality self catering accommodation

Hej you can look on our website :www.sundanceranch.eu (http://www.sundanceranch.eu)

Hej Anita och Dimitry!

If you live in Ekshärad, you´re at the first day in the mid of the stages. The second day is much to drive, but I think it doesn´t matter, if you stay near Harfors, Filistad/Lesjöfors or Fredriksberg for that day. The last day is again between Hagfors och Lesjöfors. (Vi bor nära Lesjöfors och har lang vägen till Likenäs, men SS19 strax i byn... :) ) Oh, and don´t forget the SSS in Karlstad, if you want to go there...

The "best" place (if there IS a BEST place) to stay is (I think) in or near Hagfors. Råda Camping has a special Rally-Offer, and I think they have stuga, too:

http://www.radastrand.com/index.html

SunDanceRanch
29th November 2009, 23:25
Hej Anita och Dimitry!

If you live in Ekshärad, you´re at the first day in the mid of the stages. The second day is much to drive, but I think it doesn´t matter, if you stay near Harfors, Filistad/Lesjöfors or Fredriksberg for that day. The last day is again between Hagfors och Lesjöfors. (Vi bor nära Lesjöfors och har lang vägen till Likenäs, men SS19 strax i byn... :) ) Oh, and don´t forget the SSS in Karlstad, if you want to go there...

The "best" place (if there IS a BEST place) to stay is (I think) in or near Hagfors. Råda Camping has a special Rally-Offer, and I think they have stuga, too:

http://www.radastrand.com/index.html

Hej Anncath

I know they have stuga's but at our place it's inclusive breakfast and you can also book a luchpakket to take with you.
And if you want you can also book your dinners so than you are very easy.
When you come back tiered from a cold long day you can take a hot shower and we can make your diner ready.

Greetings Dimitry

traxx
6th December 2009, 09:09
Do you know where I can rent a car at low cost ?

SunDanceRanch
6th December 2009, 19:58
Do you know where I can rent a car at low cost ?

Here you ghave a link where you can rent cars or buss for a good price,if you call them they speak English,Swedish and German.
http://www.embiluthyrning.com/1.html

greetings dimitry

Rallyper
7th December 2009, 11:01
Fellow rallymen!

I know a great place to stay during the Swedish rally. Very central placing day two and three. Semiprivate with breakfast and all the linnen etz. Price about 25 Euro/person/night incl full english breakfast.

If you´re interested contact me by mail and I direct you to the place.

DonJippo
11th December 2009, 10:27
Marcus Grönholm confirmed for Sweden 2010, http://yle.fi/urheilu/lajit/moottoriurheilu/ralli/2009/12/gronholm_ajaa_ruotsissa_ja_tavoittelee_karkisijoja _170288.html

It's one-off two cars entry by Team Therminator other car driven by Mattias Therman they will drive with Ford Focus WRC.

Moriarty
11th December 2009, 13:17
Marcus Grönholm confirmed for Sweden 2010, http://yle.fi/urheilu/lajit/moottoriurheilu/ralli/2009/12/gronholm_ajaa_ruotsissa_ja_tavoittelee_karkisijoja _170288.html

It's one-off two cars entry by Team Therminator other car driven by Mattias Therman they will drive with Ford Focus WRC.

Great news!

Tomi
11th December 2009, 17:23

Good news, I'll been waiting for this moment, it will be interesting to see how well a top driver can do with a customer car.

Simmi
11th December 2009, 17:32
Good news, I'll been waiting for this moment, it will be interesting to see how well a top driver can do with a customer car.

I think it will be the same car as the works boys in everything but the colour.

Tomi
11th December 2009, 17:33
I think it will be the same car as the works boys in everything but the colour.

no it wont be

JFL
11th December 2009, 17:33
He did try the Impreza s14+.... He'll probably do better with this one.. Top 4?

Simmi
11th December 2009, 17:53
no it wont be

What will the difference be? I thought the works teams were no longer developing their WRC's and the car is run by M-Sport.

Tomi
11th December 2009, 17:57
What will the difference be? I thought the works teams were no longer developing their WRC's and the car is run by M-Sport.

according to bosse it will be an older car, not same mikko and j-m will drive, but he says also that the differences are not so big, the same he did said after driving mikkelsens ford too.

Rallyper
11th December 2009, 18:57
Fellow rallymen!

I know a great place to stay during the Swedish rally. Very central placing day two and three. Semiprivate with breakfast and all the linnen etz. Price about 25 Euro/person/night incl full english breakfast.

If you´re interested contact me by mail and I direct you to the place.

I´m sorry but so many of you out there are interested and I think all beds are booked. It was a limited amount of beds. :(

I will not answer any more requests about this any more.

gloomyDAY
11th December 2009, 19:16

It's one-off two cars entry by Team Therminator other car driven by Mattias Therman they will drive with Ford Focus WRC.This sounds as good as my sizzling steak out in the patio.

Mmmmmmmm gooooood! :D

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80538

pino
11th December 2009, 19:24

Join us then so you can watch him "live"...paisá ;)

Tomi
11th December 2009, 20:04
Join us then so you can watch him "live"...paisá ;)

lol paisá, seen him live more than 100 times already :)

bluuford
11th December 2009, 23:10
Well here is the current confirmed entries we know for Sweden:
WRC
1. Loeb Citroen C4
2. Sordo Citroen C4
3. Hirvonen Ford Focus WRC
4. Latvala Ford Focus WRC
5. Ogier Citroen C4
6. Räikkönen Citroen C4
7. Grönholm Ford Focus WRC
8. Therman Ford Focus WRC
9. Mjerkenstein Ford Focus WRC
10. Mjerkenstein Ford Focus WRC
11. Kuipers Ford Focus WRC
12. Kuipers Ford Focus WRC
13. Brinke Ford Focus WRC
14. Wilson Ford Focus WRC
Not confirmed but likely:
15. Petter Solberg Citron/Ford?
16. Henning Solberg Ford?
17. Atkinson Ford?
18. Block Ford?
19. Ostberg Subaru?
20. Gröndal Subaru?
21. Rautenbach Citroen ?
22. Galli Citroen?

S2000
23. Tuohino Ford
24. Sousa Ford
25. Prokop Ford
26. Brynildsen Skoda???
27. Sandell ?????
28. Nasser ????

PWRC
Andersson Mitsubishi
Araujo???
Arai???

Good beginning when you take into account the fact that entry list was opened today (Last year there were only 18*WRC cars in Norway, 3*S2000 and 21 Production cars). I hope that Skoda Peugeot and Fiat will be represented in S2kCup as well.

Simmi
11th December 2009, 23:19
I'm really hoping this Monster Team with Atko comes true. Although I think from a PR/performance perspective they might be better to delay their debut until Mexico and have three cars with the PR might of Rossi there to really get eyes on the team.

pino
12th December 2009, 07:43
lol paisá, seen him live more than 100 times already :)

Same here, but it's a new exciting experience every time ;)

Priorat
12th December 2009, 08:51
S2000
23. Tuohino Ford
24. Sousa Ford
25. Prokop Ford
26. Brynildsen Skoda???
27. Sandell ?????
28. Nasser ????

You can add almost for sure Pons in another Ford.

Does anybody knows anything about Ketoma or Nikkara possible drives with Subaru?

Sulland
12th December 2009, 11:11
Still not much winter, but still a while to go; http://www.smhi.se/klimatdata/meteorologi/sno/snodjup-2.722

bluuford
12th December 2009, 11:37
Still not much winter, but still a while to go; http://www.smhi.se/klimatdata/meteorologi/sno/snodjup-2.722

Weather is getting very cold now.. in a few next days.

VFTS
12th December 2009, 12:13
Weather is getting very cold now.. in a few next days.

Yes, but we need snowfall!

Sulland
12th December 2009, 14:28
Yes, but the ice sole need to freeze before the isolating snow comes !

SubaruNorway
12th December 2009, 18:14
Relax, it's still two months until the rally :p

Salist
12th December 2009, 20:25

Wowwww...Great news DonJippo !!!!

bluuford
12th December 2009, 21:29
S2000
23. Tuohino Ford
24. Sousa Ford
25. Prokop Ford
26. Brynildsen Skoda???
27. Sandell ?????
28. Nasser ????

You can add almost for sure Pons in another Ford.

Does anybody knows anything about Ketoma or Nikkara possible drives with Subaru?

I think that Pons has decided to start from Mexico and he has elected to miss Sweden.

Salist
13th December 2009, 13:47
Novikov ???
Mikkelsen ???
Al Qassimi ???

pettersolberg29
13th December 2009, 13:59
No Novikov.
I haven't heard anything about Al Qassami? Has he still got the same contract as last year?
AFAIK Mikkelsen will be there. Can't say what car though.

Salist
13th December 2009, 14:21
No Novikov.
I haven't heard anything about Al Qassami? Has he still got the same contract as last year?
AFAIK Mikkelsen will be there. Can't say what car though.

OK, thanks pettersolberg29.

Gordini
13th December 2009, 17:02
Was not Mikkelsen aiming for IRC, has he switched, or is Sweden a one off ?

pettersolberg29
13th December 2009, 17:10
He hasn't had much luck looking for an IRC seat as of yet. Wanted a Fiesta or Fabia but its looking unlikely for Monte Carlo now. This is quite old info though - there may be new news soon.
Possibility of his 07 Focus for Sweden then an attempt to get to the IRC from the 2nd round onwards.

J4MIE
14th December 2009, 19:51
I have at last bought myself some proper snow boots so I hope there is the proper conditions to use them ;)

swordsman
15th December 2009, 08:03
I have at last bought myself some proper snow boots so I hope there is the proper conditions to use them ;)

At least in Stockholm it came 4-5 cm's of snow this night... Still snowing.

Koppomsbo
15th December 2009, 08:19
In Oslo it seems like a never ending Snowblizzard right now

Hartusvuori
15th December 2009, 12:41
Grönholm says (http://www.kauppalehti.fi/5/i/talous/uutiset/etusivu/uutinen.jsp?oid=2009/12/28872) he will never drive a meter with a rally car if he looses to Räikkönen in fair competition ;-)

Also if Matthias Therman drives rallies with sponsor money, he's rather well backed with his investement incomes. In year 2008 he had investements worth 28,2 million euros which is more than any other Finnish person that year.

Mirek
15th December 2009, 14:28
He hasn't had much luck looking for an IRC seat as of yet. Wanted a Fiesta or Fabia but its looking unlikely for Monte Carlo now. This is quite old info though - there may be new news soon.

I think that You might be wrong ;)

pettersolberg29
15th December 2009, 17:48
I very much hope so Mirek. As I say, it was old information. Seeing Andreas on MC would be a dream for me!

SunDanceRanch
15th December 2009, 18:07

Yes we have!!
Sunday evening it´s started snowing here and it stop yesterdaynight so we have about 10 centimeters snow yet.
But it´s a long way till februari.

Koppomsbo
16th December 2009, 13:42
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=no&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vf.se%2FSport%2FBilsport%2FPG-har-annu-inte-klart-med-bil-till-Svenska-Rallyt-091216.aspx&sl=sv&tl=en

Pg still dont know for sure what to drive in sweden

Micke_VOC
16th December 2009, 19:42
On Friday and Saturday the Swedish Championship will drive all stages one time.

Entrylist Swedish Championship
[Who have paid the entry fee and are approved by the organization]
http://www.resultatdata.com/rally/anmalan/listor/lista.jsp?tavling=376&urval=granskaddeltar&sortering=tavlingsklasslicensklassinkom&rubrik=Anm%E4lningslista&min=1&max=2&rubrik2=Anm%E4lningslistor

[Not yet paid the entry fee and not approved by the organization]
http://www.resultatdata.com/rally/anmalan/listor/lista.jsp?tavling=376&urval=ejgranskaddeltar&sortering=tavlingsklasslicensklassinkom&rubrik=Ej%20kontrollerade&min=1&max=2&rubrik2=Anm%E4lningslistor

Note:
Trimmat 4WD -> WRC and Group A Cars 4WD
Otrimmat 4WD -> N4 and S2000 Cars 4WD
Trimmat 2WD -> R2,R3,Gr A and national homologated Cars, 2WD
Orimmat 2WD -> N3 cars, like Ford Fiesta, Renault... 2WD

swordsman
17th December 2009, 11:08
Don't know if this is known before, but details regarding the TV-coverage of WRC and Rally Sweden in Scandinavia is that Viasat Motor will broadcast during four days, including live coverage of Karlstad Super Special Stage and the finishing Värmullsåsen stage (a ski slope!).

The WRC deal is signed on three years for Viasat Motor, so finally Scandinavian people can work on a long term with sponsors and other stuff depending on the TV coverage :)

asturally
27th December 2009, 14:14
Hello everybody.

This is my first sweden WRC and I´m a little lost.
We´ll arrive in Oslo, so I think in this country it´s forbidden the nails tyres. Only m+s ones.
These kind of tyres are sufficient for the access roads to the special stages?

Thanks.

Regards.

pettersolberg29
27th December 2009, 14:31
Sorry can't help you asturally, but...

Just in case people didn't notice in other threads, its almost certain that Andreas Mikkelsen will be in Sweden for the SWRC (or for testing) in the Fiesta S2000.

Barreis
27th December 2009, 14:38
Seb.Loeb is winning.. :)

asturally
27th December 2009, 14:44
Sorry can't help you asturally, but...

Just in case people didn't notice in other threads, its almost certain that Andreas Mikkelsen will be in Sweden for the SWRC (or for testing) in the Fiesta S2000.

No problem. I think that some local forum user can help me.

This is a great notice. S2000 aren´t as spectacular as the WRC cars, but also Andreas start is very interesting.

MartijnS
27th December 2009, 14:46
Last year in Norway, we didn't have nail tyres also and that was no problem at all to drive there. So I dont think it will be a problem in Sweden :)

JFL
27th December 2009, 16:46
studded winter tyres are allowed but you hav e to pay a fee.--its just in and around Oslo I think..

Salist
28th December 2009, 10:03
Does anyone know when it will be public the entry list?

hari
28th December 2009, 10:46
Does anyone know when it will be public the entry list?

According to Rallye Guide 1:
Tuesday 12 January: Closing date for entries
Thursday 14 January: Publication of list of entries accepted by the organizer

Salist
29th December 2009, 11:08

Thanks hari !

Camelopard
29th December 2009, 20:27
What is the name of the site where I can find split times again? :)

Micke_VOC
30th December 2009, 09:31
Hello everybody.

We´ll arrive in Oslo, so I think in this country it´s forbidden the nails tyres. Only m+s ones.

Thanks.

Regards.

Are you flying to Gardermoen [OSL] ? Then you dont have any problem with studded tyres, its only in city center of Oslo they are forbidden.. (Gardermoen Airport its 50km north of Oslo )

I Recommend studded tyres , in snow non-studded its good but on ice studded its the best.

Priorat
30th December 2009, 13:49
Hello everybody.

Thanks.

Regards.

From my little experience (I've been once to rally Sweden and once to rally Norway). I think you better have studded tyres for Sweden because it is easier to find ice in little roads or even if your accomodation is outside of a village.
But if you rent the car in Norway make sure they will have a car with studded tyres before arriving because when I rent it in Lillehammer they simply didn't have. They told me that they only use studs for lorrys and buses.

Buen viaje!!!

Brother John
30th December 2009, 15:19
Rent a Volvo with anti skid and anti slip car, you don´t need studded tyres! :s mokin:

Rallyper
30th December 2009, 15:25
Rent a Volvo with anti skid and anti slip car, you don´t need studded tyres! :s mokin:

No, brother. Studs wiill be needed. Else you havent been driving on the 45 road around Rämmen and Sågen. I could be black ice on that tarmac surface. Have been there many times and watched it. :s mokin:

Brother John
30th December 2009, 16:59
No, brother. Studs wiill be needed. Else you havent been driving on the 45 road around Rämmen and Sågen. I could be black ice on that tarmac surface. Have been there many times and watched it. :s mokin:

No problem with my car, i have black ice at the moment in the street here where i live! ;)

Sulland
30th December 2009, 18:52

Or a SAAB, it might be a novelty soon !

Tomi
30th December 2009, 19:17
Better for you guys who are not experienced drivers in snow to use studded tires, if you dont care much of your own safety, there is many others in the traffic that care of their.

Koppomsbo
30th December 2009, 20:16
or this, go by bus all weekend :D

http://www.rallytravels.com/english/program/pdf/Sweden10.pdf

Halvis
30th December 2009, 22:48
Are you flying to Gardermoen [OSL] ? Then you dont have any problem with studded tyres, its only in city center of Oslo they are forbidden.. (Gardermoen Airport its 50km north of Oslo )

I Recommend studded tyres , in snow non-studded its good but on ice studded its the best.

There is no ban of studded tyres in Oslo either (I have it on my car) - but there is a small fee for using them inside Oslo borders, around 3 pounds/4 euros a day. If you go straight from the airport (Gardermoen) towards Sweden you don't have to think about it at all.

Otherwise, I agree with the above - on ice, studded are best, if there is snow covered roads (as it is now) non-studded should be OK if you are used to drive on snow. If not, be careful!

pino
31st December 2009, 06:20
Better for you guys who are not experienced drivers in snow to use studded tires, if you dont care much of your own safety, there is many others in the traffic that care of their.

I hope Don Jippo reads this ;)

bluuford
31st December 2009, 07:54
Short conclusions couple of weeks before the closing date of entries for Sweden. These entries look to be confirmed:
WRC
1. Loeb Citroen
2. Sordo Citroen
3. Hirvonen Ford
4. Latvala Ford
5. Wilson Ford
6. Räikkönen Citroen
7. Ogier Citroen
8. Mjerkenstein Ford
9. Mjerkenstein J Ford
10. Kuipers Ford
11. Kuipers Ford
12. Grönholm Ford
13. Therman Ford
14. Brinke Ford?

SWRC
1. Tuohino Ford
2. Sousa Ford
3. Prokop Ford
4. Brynildsen Skoda

PWRC
1. Andersson

JWRC

Very likely will be there but not confirmed:
1. Solberg P. WRC
2. Ostberg, M WRC
3. Mikkelsen, A. SWRC
4. Sandell, P. SWRC

Also likely:
1. Henning
2. Gröndal

So, 19 confirmed and 4 very likely to be confirmed so far.

MartijnS
31st December 2009, 08:49
Ten Brinke wont be driving Rally Sweden.

Tuscany gravel
31st December 2009, 13:50
Are there some places in the stages with no-tree sections (not in forest but in open space)?
For example like Lillehammer stage in Rally Norway 2009 or icy lakes in past editions of Swedish Rally?
Thanks

Tomi
31st December 2009, 14:06
I hope Don Jippo reads this ;)

ice race studs would be ok for DJ :)

Mia 01
1st January 2010, 10:24
Don't know if this is known before, but details regarding the TV-coverage of WRC and Rally Sweden in Scandinavia is that Viasat Motor will broadcast during four days, including live coverage of Karlstad Super Special Stage and the finishing Värmullsåsen stage (a ski slope!).

The WRC deal is signed on three years for Viasat Motor, so finally Scandinavian people can work on a long term with sponsors and other stuff depending on the TV coverage :)

Hi there

I´m very glad that Viasat Motor will show us some glimses of the Swedish Rally.

And ofcourse, Kimi! they specially mentioned Kimi in there ads.

I´m glad as a Swede and a Kimi fa.

Sulland
1st January 2010, 11:11
The team manager of Mikkelsen have bought one of B Kongsruds Fabia WRC's, so some are speculating that Mikkel is coming to Sweden with that.

Jayjay-Rallye
1st January 2010, 17:55
I bought some small bags to squeeze inside my gloves, and the same "system" for the boots.. It was worth every 3€. Bought it from SWRT on Rally Norway.. I'm sure more people sell it too... stayed warm for 12 hours..

Do you have pictures of this product?

asturally
1st January 2010, 18:02
Sooy about my ignorance in SWE WRC.

I have a another question. Wednesday 10th febrary, we´ll arrive very late at the rally zone.
So, it´s necessary to have the Pass Rally to enter in the Shakedown Stage?

Many thanks in advance.

JFL
1st January 2010, 18:07
Do you have pictures of this product?

It was the same system as this this... Not the same brand I think...

http://www.emprep.com/hand%20warmer%20heat%20pack.html

fastboy
1st January 2010, 18:49
We are just starting to get exited about coming over for the rally and can somebody tell me when are the stage car parks likely to be on the official site?
I think if we get good conditions this could be the closest rally of 2010 and if Mikko is going to win the drivers title he has to win or at least finish ahead of Loeb.

Barreis
1st January 2010, 18:55
xd

Brother John
2nd January 2010, 13:24
Sooy about my ignorance in SWE WRC.

I have a another question. Wednesday 10th febrary, we´ll arrive very late at the rally zone.
So, it´s necessary to have the Pass Rally to enter in the Shakedown Stage?

Many thanks in advance.

I think that you can buy the rallypass there or go first to a Statoil gas station.. ;)

Salist
2nd January 2010, 14:52
I think that you can buy the rallypass there or go first to a Statoil gas station.. ;)

... and Q8 gas stations. :)

Sulland
2nd January 2010, 20:32
The team manager of Mikkelsen have bought one of B Kongsruds Fabia WRC's, so some are speculating that Mikkel is coming to Sweden with that.

Sorry, looks like bad info. Mikkelsen will come to sweden with a Fiesta S2000 as a testrun to compare the Fiesta and Fabia before deciding for a car to use in IRC for 2010.

Will be cool to see the Fiesta/Fabia fight on snow !

Ghostwalker
2nd January 2010, 23:26
... and Q8 gas stations. :)

they are called OKQ8 nowdays ;)

Salist
3rd January 2010, 10:02
they are called OKQ8 nowdays ;)

Sorry...I didn't know. :(

tibbs
5th January 2010, 16:46
Hi Lads,
Myself and a few blokes are heading over for the rally this year. We're flying into Skavsta and flying home from Arlanda, would we be better off getting the train or what would the drive up and down be like?

Thanks!

Barreis
5th January 2010, 16:54
http://www.rallysweden.com/wrc/en/?page_id=63

Viktory
5th January 2010, 17:08
Hi Lads,
Myself and a few blokes are heading over for the rally this year. We're flying into Skavsta and flying home from Arlanda, would we be better off getting the train or what would the drive up and down be like?

Thanks!

Without a car the easiest way to get from Skavsta to Karlstad is getting the bus from the airport to stockholm and then a train from stockholm to karlstad (need to check your flight times as latest train from stockholm is 19.15 if I think) alternatively get bus from stockholm. Flying back will be easier as you can just get train to stockholm then jump on the Arlanda express train. Of course, a car would be more convenient. The drive to arlanda is fine as it's pretty much big roads all the way. From skavsta you'll be driving on a few smaller roads at first, though they will be cleared of snow (if there is any, fingers crossed). Just look out for wildlife, especially at night, because from personal experience, I have had more encounters there than anywhere else (route 52, nearer the airport, if I recall correctly). Anyways, if you're driving during the rally, the drive to/from airports won't be a problem.

Iskald
5th January 2010, 20:46
Hi Lads,

Thanks!

Unless you`re planning to just stay inside some bars in Karlstad concentrating on partying (some friends of mine do that regularly, but see no rally cars...), you won`t be doing much spectating without a car.

Ghostwalker
5th January 2010, 21:04
Hi Lads,

Thanks!

car vs. train depends how comfortable you are with
driving in Sweden with winter conditions (hopefully).

Its a quite long drive (300km från Nyköping/Skavsta / 400km from Stockholm/Arlanda) to Hagfors (around 80km less to Karlstad).

As Viktory says the roads are usually well plowed but there is always a chance/risk that it will be snowing while (or maybe just a few hours prior) you drive and then the roads might not be plowed.

Also as Iskald points out without a car you are pretty much stranded
but i guess that it might be possible to rent a car in Karlstad if
you book in early in advance (time wise).

bennizw
5th January 2010, 21:46
I'm ready for the event, working as official photographer! It's going to be a cracker ;)

MartijnS
6th January 2010, 00:12
You did a good job last year in Norway, so you'll be ok I guess ;)
I'm also really looking forward to the rally.

Koppomsbo
6th January 2010, 06:12
I'm ready for the event, working as official photographer! It's going to be a cracker ;)

nice :up:

j_R-80
6th January 2010, 11:23
What is the snowconditions now in Karlstad?

swordsman
6th January 2010, 11:28
What is the snowconditions now in Karlstad?

Don't know about Karlstad, but in Sthlm we've got plenty of snow and -20. Shouldn't be less in Karlstad... :)

j_R-80
6th January 2010, 11:33
Don't know about Karlstad, but in Sthlm we've got plenty of snow and -20. Shouldn't be less in Karlstad... :)

Awesome, so it should be good winter rally.. looking forward to February :)

Koppomsbo
6th January 2010, 11:34
http://www.webbkameror.se/webbkameror/tv4/tv4_karlstad_1_640.php

Ghostwalker
6th January 2010, 11:58

I dont know it have fallen allot of snow over the east coast so i think
there is more snow on the east coast then i Karlstad.

However current snow depths:

Branäs in Northern Värmland have 45cm,
Säfsen which is very close to the Fredriksberg Special Stage have 35cm
Sunne, 70km east of Hagfors have 50cm
Valfjället/Åmotfors 130km west of Hagfors have 45cm.
Hovfjället/Torsby 60m northg of Hagfors have 45cm.

Snowdepth map (http://www.smhi.se/vadret/vadret-i-sverige/snodjup)
snow report (http://snorapporten.se/#Region8)

swordsman
6th January 2010, 12:02
I dont know it have fallen allot of snow over the east coast so i think
there is more snow on the east coast then i Karlstad.

However current snow depths:

Branäs in Northern Värmland have 45cm,
Säfsen which is very close to the Fredriksberg Special Stage have 35cm
Sunne, 70km east of Hagfors have 50cm
Valfjället/Åmotfors 130km west of Hagfors have 45cm.
Hovfjället/Torsby 60m northg of Hagfors have 45cm.

Snowdepth map (http://www.smhi.se/vadret/vadret-i-sverige/snodjup)
snow report (http://snorapporten.se/#Region8)

I would say it's quite the same as in Stockholm then.

Ghostwalker
6th January 2010, 12:03
Awesome, so it should be good winter rally.. looking forward to February :)

shhhh, quiet, dont say anything. we dont want to "jinx (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinx)" it ;)

Micke_VOC
6th January 2010, 12:13
Entrylist Rally Sweden:
http://www.rallysweden.com/wrc/?page_id=231

tibbs
6th January 2010, 13:36
Unless you`re planning to just stay inside some bars in Karlstad concentrating on partying (some friends of mine do that regularly, but see no rally cars...), you won`t be doing much spectating without a car.

car vs. train depends how comfortable you are with
driving in Sweden with winter conditions (hopefully).

Its a quite long drive (300km från Nyköping/Skavsta / 400km from Stockholm/Arlanda) to Hagfors (around 80km less to Karlstad).

As Viktory says the roads are usually well plowed but there is always a chance/risk that it will be snowing while (or maybe just a few hours prior) you drive and then the roads might not be plowed.

Also as Iskald points out without a car you are pretty much stranded
but i guess that it might be possible to rent a car in Karlstad if
you book in early in advance (time wise).

Thanks for the info lads, we booked a car for the drive back to Arlanda but we're going to get the train down from Skavsta when we land. Don't fancy driving in snow on the other side of the road at night :eek: It shouldn't be too bad on the way back at least it'll be daytime when we're driving.

Thanks again!
Dermot

amilk
6th January 2010, 20:46
just booked the flight for sweden so I try to collect more and more knowledge about the stages
when was the last time when first day stages were in use (not in 2008 I see)

hari
6th January 2010, 21:19
when was the last time when first day stages were in use (not in 2008 I see)

SS 2/5 Likenäs was driven in 2007, only some small change at the start this year.

SS 3/6 Viggen is a new stage, i think.

SS 4/7 Torntorp was also driven in 2007.

johnnyp
9th January 2010, 22:38
hi guys, I will arrive to hagfors in friday around 4pm where i can buy day passes?

Ghostwalker
10th January 2010, 09:18
hi guys, I will arrive to hagfors in friday around 4pm where i can buy day passes?

as mentioned earlier you can buy them at various places like gas stations belonging to OKQ8 (http://62.20.1.213/funktioner_okq8/privat/sok_station/station_resultat.php?estab=40017&id=&hn=&un=&uun=)MAP (http://maps.google.se/maps?q=Blomv%C3%A4gen+2+Hagfors&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Blomv%C3%A4gen+2,+Hagfors,+V%C3%A4rmlands+L% C3%A4n&t=h&z=15)(and statoil i think?) or from the website: http://swedishrally.jetshop.se/

Ghostwalker
10th January 2010, 15:46
as mentioned earlier you can buy them at various places like gas stations belonging to OKQ8 (http://62.20.1.213/funktioner_okq8/privat/sok_station/station_resultat.php?estab=40017&id=&hn=&un=&uun=)MAP (http://maps.google.se/maps?q=Blomv%C3%A4gen+2+Hagfors&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Blomv%C3%A4gen+2,+Hagfors,+V%C3%A4rmlands+L% C3%A4n&t=h&z=15)(and statoil i think?) or from the website: http://swedishrally.jetshop.se/

The last day to buy tickets from the webshop is January 24th for non-swedish customers and January 31st for Swedish customers.

tibbs
10th January 2010, 21:02
I presume the passes are just for access into the service park etc?

morganmilan
10th January 2010, 22:31
So two days to the entry list be closed, and we can only see four names at the official website. it´s clear it´s not updated. :mad: Has anybody any information about provisional entry list?

bluuford
10th January 2010, 23:07
Short conclusions couple of days before the closing date of entries for Sweden. These entries look to be confirmed:
WRC
1. Loeb Citroen
2. Sordo Citroen
3. Hirvonen Ford
4. Latvala Ford
5. Wilson Ford
6. Räikkönen Citroen
7. Ogier Citroen
8. Mjerkenstein Ford
9. Mjerkenstein J Ford
10. Kuipers Ford
11. Kuipers Ford
12. Grönholm Ford
13. Therman Ford

SWRC
1. Tuohino Ford
2. Sousa Ford
3. Prokop Ford
4. Brynildsen Skoda
5. Sandell Skoda
PWRC
1. Andersson Mitsu
2. Araujo Mitsu
3. Czech Team (Semerald?)
4. Linari
5. Frisiero

Other
1. Conon, F. Subaru
2. Boland, E. Mitsu

Very likely will be there but not confirmed:
1. Solberg P. WRC
2. Ostberg, M WRC
3. Mikkelsen, A. SWRC
4. Henning WRC

Also likely:
1. Gröndal

So, 25 confirmed and 4 very likely to be confirmed so far.

No more info unfortunately:-(

morganmilan
10th January 2010, 23:11
Thnx a lot Bluuford :)

tolis
10th January 2010, 23:22
Is it Florian Gonon with the Impreza?

bluuford
10th January 2010, 23:25
Is it Florian Gonon with the Impreza?

Yes, Sorry, I messed up with C and G . My bad

tolis
10th January 2010, 23:29
No problem,bluuford!!!! Thanks for informing us!!!

Jayjay-Rallye
11th January 2010, 07:28
Al Quassimi, Wilson, P.Solberg should be there!
H.Solberg ??

Langdale Forest
11th January 2010, 08:02
Wilson is not worthy of being the WRC.

Ghostwalker
11th January 2010, 09:55
I presume the passes are just for access into the service park etc?

those are day/weekend passes that gives you access to stages & Service park.

pettersolberg29
11th January 2010, 11:09
Mikkelsen has definately entered in a Fiesta S2000.

Mirek
11th January 2010, 11:21
Roman Kresta/Petr Gross - Evo IX

bluuford
11th January 2010, 11:34
]Roman Kresta/Petr Gross - Evo IX
I must say this is the best news to start a week :-)
Hopefully Flodin gets the budget and some top Estonians register as well :-)

Mirek
11th January 2010, 14:50
Michal Solowow - Peugeot 207 S2000

Viktory
11th January 2010, 16:55
P. Solberg is confirmed now, with a C4

Langdale Forest
11th January 2010, 16:59
Let's hope he does well.

pino
11th January 2010, 19:35
P. Solberg is confirmed now, with a C4

Great news :D

Iskald
11th January 2010, 19:58
But what is happening, really??? Tomorrow is closing date for entries, and so far only 13 teams are entered. Less than 40 cars starting the rally?

Mikkelsen will entered in a Fiesta, spoke to him two days ago and he confirmed. Henning Solberg had nothing new to report or confirm, and frankly I don`t think he will be on the entrylist.

bluuford
11th January 2010, 20:22
So, one day to go and we have:
WRC
1. Loeb Citroen
2. Sordo Citroen
3. Hirvonen Ford
4. Latvala Ford
5. Wilson Ford
6. Räikkönen Citroen
7. Ogier Citroen
8. Mjerkenstein Ford
9. Mjerkenstein J Ford
10. Kuipers Ford
11. Kuipers Ford
12. Grönholm Ford
13. Therman Ford
14. Grönholm Citroen

SWRC
1. Tuohino Ford
2. Sousa Ford
3. Prokop Ford
4. Brynildsen Skoda
5. Sandell Skoda

PWRC
1. Andersson Mitsu
2. Araujo Mitsu
3. Czech Team (Semerald?)
4. Linari
5. Frisiero

Other
1. Conon, F. Subaru
2. Boland, E. Mitsu
3. Solowow Peugeot S2000
4. Mikkelsen Fiesta S2000
5. Kresta Mitsu
6. Green, B. Mitsu

likely will be there but not confirmed:
1. Ostberg, M WRC
2. Henning WRC
3. Gröndal wrc

So, 30 confirmed and 3 likely to be confirmed so far.

The list on the web-page seems like some kind of fragment.

MJW
11th January 2010, 20:24
Based on what Iskald has posted looking at Rally Sweden entries and those or the IRC Monte Carlo makes me even more convinced that having two series competing for entrants is not doing either one of them good. Similarly if you take away the S2K Cup guys from Sweden its even weaker. I admit I DONT LIKE S2000, but if its the class that gets the entries...............

pettersolberg29
11th January 2010, 20:28
Yeah - if you add the Swedish and Monte entries together then there is a great entrylist with lots of great drivers. 2 series means each championship is half as good!

tolis
11th January 2010, 21:44
@bluuford: It's Gonon, not Conon... :p Unfortunately, the entry list seems to be very poor. :(

bluuford
11th January 2010, 22:04
@bluuford: It's Gonon, not Conon... :p Unfortunately, the entry list seems to be very poor. :(

Ehh.. sry another copy paste mistake :-P

ARF
11th January 2010, 22:13
Patience :)

Koppomsbo
12th January 2010, 08:07
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=no&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nwt.se%2Fsport%2Farticle641859. ece&sl=sv&tl=en

Mitsu for Pg

Micke_VOC
12th January 2010, 11:39
Patrik Flodin will start in Pwrc in Rally Sweden with Aki Teiskonens Mitsubishi.

Source: http://www.patrikflodin.com