PDA

View Full Version : man let his doughter die by faith healing

Wade91
2nd August 2009, 18:20
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8180116.stm

what an idiot! maybe he will have better luck praying to God to not let him go to jail :s

leopard
3rd August 2009, 08:48
If government is responsible for taking care of people who don't have ability to take medical treatment, then it's purely this man's fault.

ShiftingGears
3rd August 2009, 09:01
Idiots.

TheFamousEccles
3rd August 2009, 09:30
If religion is the opiate of the masses, then people like this must be wasted 24/7. People like this "father" are yet more proof that religion (of any persuasion) is the root of all evil.

Mark
3rd August 2009, 09:32
There are massive floods all around and a man is trapped on his roof unable to escape.
A boat comes along and the man onboard shouts "Jump on board mate!"
"No, no. I have faith in the lord he will protect me"

Some time later the RAF send out a helicopter but he refuses to be winched up. "No, I have faith in the lord he will protect me"

The waters then rise further and the man drowns.

On getting to heaven he asks god "I had faith in you, but you didn't save me, why?" God replies : "I sent you a boat and I sent you a helicopter, what else did you want from me?!"

leopard
3rd August 2009, 11:00
On getting to heaven he asks god "I had faith in you, but you didn't save me, why?" God replies : "I sent you a boat and I sent you a helicopter, what else did you want from me?!"

The man might want to say, "bring me back to my life and give me massive floods. I'll jump on board or winched up on helicopter." ;)

chuck34
3rd August 2009, 12:54
If religion is the opiate of the masses, then people like this must be wasted 24/7. People like this "father" are yet more proof that religion (of any persuasion) is the root of all evil.

No. Religion, just like anything else, done in moderation is a good thing. However, religion, just like anything else, done to excess is a bad thing.

tmx
3rd August 2009, 13:42
25years, this sounds more like religious prosecution. Not that I am for Christian Science, but then I'm not surprised by all the draconian sentences they hand out these days.

gloomyDAY
3rd August 2009, 17:54
25years, this sounds more like religious prosecution. Not that I am for Christian Science, but then I'm not surprised by all the draconian sentences they hand out these days.The man let her kid die, and you think 25 years is a draconian sentence? No, hanging him upside down by the jewels for the townspeople to gawk at would be draconian. This sentence is well justified.

Garry Walker
3rd August 2009, 18:18
The man let her kid die, and you think 25 years is a draconian sentence? No, hanging him upside down by the jewels for the townspeople to gawk at would be draconian. This sentence is well justified.

This sentence is too light.

What is a "doughter"

Wade91
4th August 2009, 16:39
storys like this make even more glad that i am NOT religios

gloomyDAY
4th August 2009, 18:55
The man let her kid die, and you think 25 years is a draconian sentence? No, hanging him upside down by the jewels for the townspeople to gawk at would be draconian. This sentence is well justified.

This sentence is too light.

What is a "doughter" :confused:

The man let his daughter die....?

What sentence would you recommend? Death by ball hanging?