PDA

View Full Version : Are the rallies shown on British TV?

raphael123
19th February 2007, 10:03
Last season the rallies were shown on ITV during a Sunday afternoon after the results.
This hasn't been the case this year has it? Or am I just continually missing it?

If it isn't on ITV anymore, what channel is it shown for the British public. I really miss not being able to watch it. It's not the same having to follow it through the internet!

sal
19th February 2007, 11:15
Currently being shown on ITV4 18.00 on Sundays, the day the event finishes.

Mark
19th February 2007, 11:17
The same slot has a rally programme on next weekend too.

BDunnell
19th February 2007, 12:11
The coverage isn't at all bad. The only problem is the narrator, who (as far as I've seen) isn't credited anywhere, meaning he probably doesn't know much/anything about the sport beyond what he's got on his script, AND. WHO. TALKS. IN. TABLOID. HEADLINES. A. BIT. LIKE. THIS.

raphael123
19th February 2007, 12:26
Cheers for that guys. Much appreciated :)

I'll keep a look out for it. A bit unfair for those without Sky/Freeview I think. Luckily I got one lol :) Thanks again!

Mark
19th February 2007, 12:55
Unless you live in an area without any digital reception, then not having freeview isn't an argument IMO. Especially considering the cost of the boxes.

raphael123
19th February 2007, 14:08
True Mark, I was just thinking of the elderly people. A lot of these things are too complicated for them, I know from my grandparents how hard they found it. They never got use to a tape player, so all this freeview stuff they find very difficult lol.

WRC2006
19th February 2007, 15:01
It is shown also on EurosportUK with a nice comment.

jonas_mcrae
19th February 2007, 19:50
It is shown also on EurosportUK with a nice comment.

True, its quite good coverage with preview, and review friday, saturday and sunday (not always), and resume on monday or tuesday, what I find very bad of Eurosport is that they never follow their on schedule(which is impossible to find in their website, does anyone know how to find it?) sometimes its at 10 sometimes at 11 or 1115 or something, also i cant find when they reboradcast it, during week days, but in general is good and long and sponsored by BF maybe thats why

WRC2006
20th February 2007, 11:48
True, its quite good coverage with preview, and review friday, saturday and sunday (not always), and resume on monday or tuesday, what I find very bad of Eurosport is that they never follow their on schedule(which is impossible to find in their website, does anyone know how to find it?) sometimes its at 10 sometimes at 11 or 1115 or something, also i cant find when they reboradcast it, during week days, but in general is good and long and sponsored by BF maybe thats why

I understand your concern, but I never trusted this channel because they don't keep up with their programmes. For example last thursday, The WRC was planned to be screened at 10:30 pm (If I remember well) but they screnned the snooker untill late in the night. And I think they screened the WRC aroud midnight in that day. I was so nervous.

turves
20th February 2007, 13:09
I have taken to recording the program following the rallying on Eurosport too, in order to try and see the whole thing. Even that didnt work on Friday. I recorded the rallying + the program after (1 hour duration). The rallying had no rallying in it and the program after had 6 minutes at the end of it!!!

jonas_mcrae
21st February 2007, 21:42
cant get those guys from eurosport if they are paying the rights why not to do it properly? i dont want primetime or anything like that but at least follow schedule!!

sal
22nd February 2007, 15:24
Story in todays Autosport that ITV are going to show a series of WRC based programmes on the terrestial ie non freeview channel. These are going to be magazine programmes about the series rather than a specific event reports. First programme to air the 6th March. Also the Dicovery channel are going to screen a documentary(S) about SWRT's 2006 season.