PDA

View Full Version : White Friday the 31st

Rollo
31st July 2009, 00:25
Today is Friday 31st of July, which I think should be called White Friday and a day of universal superstition of good luck.

When you think about it, every month of the year contains a 13th day of the month. Since any month can start of any day of the year, then statistically there's a 1 in 7 or 14.258% chance of there being a Friday 13th in any given month.

But only 7 of the 12 months of the year actually have a 31st day of the month in them. A 1 in 7 chance of something that's 7 in 12, gives you a 1 in 12 chance of it happening or only an 8.333% chance of there being a Friday 31st.

Does this mean by inference that because a Friday 31st is only 58.444% as common as Friday 13th, whether or not it should be 71.102% luckier (being the inverse)?

Should I now throw pepper over my right shoulder, let white cats cross my path and start gluing mirrors back together?

I'm still not going to walk under a ladder though. That has nothing to do with luck, that's simply good advice... stuff could fall on your head!

leopard
31st July 2009, 08:15
I'd rather not to pay attention too much and avoid being superstitious, any given day is good. There is more level headed reason to answer about lucky and unluckiness.

We have more probability of selling product if we put it classified on weekend because more people read newspaper. We may find more people spend money or buy our product end of month either of 28, 29, 30, or 31 because they just got paid. We have to pay quickly and more expensive for premises that give higher traffic visit and buy the product. People tend to buy product at certain place because of its good marketing, finest product, affordable price, or the more attractive concept of the store.

The rest of it would be something beyond human coverage

The important thing is I have to ensure to start my day off with praying to God...

emporer_k
31st July 2009, 16:49
payday and dress down day occuring on the same day :)

Sonic
31st July 2009, 18:06
Dude. You have waaaaayyyy too much free time! :D