PDA

View Full Version : Brawn to run KERS?

grantb4
28th July 2009, 21:37
Brawn to run KERS? (Sorry, should have been a ? at the end)

I think if they have any hope to stay ahead of RBR, they need to strongly consider it.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77387

"Maybe we will see teams changing to KERS even during this season."

ioan
28th July 2009, 21:50
Depends how much trouble it would give them to implement the McLaren KERS on their car.

let's not forget that the McLaren KERS is different from the Ferrari KERS system as it has the battery positioned in the side pods, not at the COG of the car like the Ferrari KERS is.
This might make it almost impossible for BrawnGP to adapt it to their cars without upsetting the whole balance of the car.

IMO it will 90% not happen.

LiamM
28th July 2009, 22:34
We've also been told that RB have KERS units from Renault (how good they are remains to be seen, but they still have an option on them). If I had to pick on of the two teams to see more of a benefit, I'd go for RB, they seem to have the ability to turn things round a bit quicker than Brawn.

Garry Walker
29th July 2009, 08:21
It would be too risky for Brawn for reliability concerns and they would also have to change their car a lot to accomodate it. Not going to happen.

Sonic
29th July 2009, 09:10
I agree unlikely to happen. And if it does it would seem to be the actions of a desperate team running out of ideas.

christophulus
29th July 2009, 09:26
I know Force India have an engine/gearbox/KERS deal from Mercedes but I thought Brawn's deal was for engines only? It'd cost a small fortune to buy the technology (and funds are pretty tight by the looks of it), as well as the other points mentioned.