PDA

View Full Version : No Juam Montoya thread yet?

PA Rick
27th July 2009, 04:26
I was expecting to read some comments about JPM's speeding penalty. Has anybody heard any comments?

harvick#1
27th July 2009, 04:39
Montoya thought it was BS, and so do I. they said he was going 60.11 mph in the speed trap (max. 60MPH).

Nascar lost him the race so they can have there poster boy win again

PA Rick
27th July 2009, 05:02
Montoya thought it was BS, and so do I. they said he was going 60.11 mph in the speed trap (max. 60MPH).

The speed limit is supposedly 55 with 5 mph grace. Had NASCAR showed the tapes?

The instant classic
27th July 2009, 05:03

so true with johnson being the poster boy,
but what can i say? johnson is a 3 time champ and JPM he's nothing he just went out thier and race his heart out lap after lap and then we have a guy like johnson does nothing all race long, oh last 20 laps he's superman, johnson races half *** every week and some how he's a champ? i guess thats how drivers win championship, and the guy who really race hard every weekend can't catch a break

anyway it was nice to see Harvick get a 6th place finsh i joined his fan club last week maybe i give him some luck :p

The instant classic
27th July 2009, 05:11
The speed limit is supposedly 55 with 5 mph grace. Had NASCAR showed the tapes?
they never showed it on tv, not sure other places you wolud find that? :mark:

harvick#1
27th July 2009, 05:15
they never showed it on tv, not sure other places you wolud find that? :mark:

remember Montoya got screwed earlier this year and nascar apologized.

I've never liked this timing thing, Nascar should have a speedlimiter button like everyother racing series so this ends, jus like a few weeks in the NWS series where the system was messed up and 9-10 guys got hit every stop.

maybe its time to go back to manual mode or limiter switches in the car

call_me_andrew
27th July 2009, 06:33
Well the timing lines at Indianapolis are 150 feet apart. A car traveling 60 miles per hour (88 feet per minute) should cross two lines no less than every 1.7045 seconds. So watch his pit stop with a stop watch and find out his real time for yourself.

e2mtt
27th July 2009, 12:56
Nascar really should release the pit-road timing to the teams in real-time. I can't think of any way that it would hurt the show, and it seems like everybody would prefer it. Hearing controversy about pit-road penalties every 3 weeks gets old.

JPM was walking the dog on the whole field, he deserved that win. It gets old watching JJ win... he is solidly on his way to championship #4.

Wade91
27th July 2009, 16:12
he said the light on tacomider was green all the way so he was NOT speeding, nascar just ruined his race

NickFalzone
27th July 2009, 16:25
It's called "selective enforcement" of the rules. I can guarantee you that many other drivers yesterday hit the speed Juan did on pit road and were not penalized. I don't know why they decided to go after him in this case, but it's a shame when a race comes down to an official deciding to selectively enforce the rules.

Can you imagine if it was Jr. out front leading the Brickyard, dominating the race, comes in under green and loses the race due to a speeding penalty on pit road? Hard to imagine, because that would never happen.

e2mtt
27th July 2009, 16:41
Actually Junior has had speeding penalties, in fact I'm pretty sure he had one early this year ruin a rather good run. However, this is exactly why Nascar needs to have the pitroad sensor & speed information openly available.

MD24
27th July 2009, 16:43
After the race, Sprint Cup director John Darby had the specifics about Montoya's double no-no.

Pit road has eight zones where the speed is measured. The speed limit in the pits at Indy is 55 mph. NASCAR gives the drivers a 5 mph cushion.

Darby said Montoya was caught over the cushion in Zones 2 and 4. Officially, the speed was recorded at 60.06 mph in Zone 2 and 60.11 mph in Zone 4.

"And he was already pushing it," Darby said. "He was over 59 miles per hour in most of the other zones."

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/cup/columns/story?columnist=blount_terry&id=4357511

NickFalzone
27th July 2009, 16:51
MD24, again it comes back to selective enforcement. Unless they release a list of the pit in speeds of all the drivers, I'm going to be cynical and say they had many other opportunities to nab drivers yesterday, and they did not do that. That being said, Juan did not need to gamble with speeds that cut it that close to the speed limiter with the lead he had. Which is also why I tend to believe him when he said he had all green lights on his dash, he didn't think he was pushing it.

call_me_andrew
28th July 2009, 03:08
he said the light on tacomider was green all the way so he was NOT speeding, nascar just ruined his race

I'll let you in on a little secret about tachometers. They're not always accurate.

Wade91
28th July 2009, 03:40
I'll let you in on a little secret about tachometers. They're not always accurate.
well, you probably have a point there, i think when nascar made the COT car, one of the changes should have to put speedomerters in the cars,

on a nascar on fox pre-race show eaileyer this year, a someone sent in a question asking why the cars dont have speedometers and the comitators said that it would be possable these days, but the teams are already so used to useing the tachometers,

i think speedometers would be alot easyer to use though :s

Mark in Oshawa
28th July 2009, 03:55
You guys are DREAMING if you think Juan got selectively screwed. We had this same argument on the thread when Edwards got nailed 3 times in one night. I wont go into again how they measure this stuff, but Juan was on the edge and went a hair too fast. Speed limit is 55mph and they give you 5 mph grace so gettin nailed doing 60.11 sucks but that is the rule.

It is a skill, just like handling a bad handling race car is a SKILL.

Believe me, nothing would make things look good for NASCAR more than having Juan win this race to be the only man to win this race AND the Indy 500.

Sparky1329
28th July 2009, 04:25
The panel on NASCAR Now tonight discussed this situation at length. As Ray and Rusty explained it the driver himself sets the tolerances on his tach based on the pace car speed during parade laps. There's a four light panel on the tach with yellow on the bottom, two greens in the middle and red on top. If the driver sets the yellow light at a speed too close to the pit road speed the top green light will be off enough to push it beyond the 5 mph grace NASCAR allows. I was under the impression that the crew or car chief did the RPM calculations for the driver based on rear-end gear ratios so I learned something watching NASCAR Now. I guess it's true that old dogs can learn new stuff now and then. :D

Mark in Oshawa
28th July 2009, 05:10
The panel on NASCAR Now tonight discussed this situation at length. As Ray and Rusty explained it the driver himself sets the tolerances on his tach based on the pace car speed during parade laps. There's a four light panel on the tach with yellow on the bottom, two greens in the middle and red on top. If the driver sets the yellow light at a speed too close to the pit road speed the top green light will be off enough to push it beyond the 5 mph grace NASCAR allows. I was under the impression that the crew or car chief did the RPM calculations for the driver based on rear-end gear ratios so I learned something watching NASCAR Now. I guess it's true that old dogs can learn new stuff now and then. :D

The Panel on SPEED's NASCAR show explained exactly the same thing, and Mikey Waltrip and Biffle both were right on the money when they said their scoring monitor for pit row is available and they can watch NASCAR's monitoring the speeds in each segment. I suspect that feed of that monitor is available to any of the teams along with the regular scoring monitor. It isn't selective enforcement.

ms0362
28th July 2009, 18:24
Montoya was making time in the pits entering and exiting. I think NASCAR was seeing the TV information showing he was making 2+ second on people like Stewart and others. They probably cut him some slack and then had to do something. Not saying it's right but 60.11 or 60.001. He was speeding.

call_me_andrew
29th July 2009, 00:18
well, you probably have a point there, i think when nascar made the COT car, one of the changes should have to put speedomerters in the cars,

on a nascar on fox pre-race show eaileyer this year, a someone sent in a question asking why the cars dont have speedometers and the comitators said that it would be possable these days, but the teams are already so used to useing the tachometers,

i think speedometers would be alot easyer to use though :s

Speedometers are even less reliable. To use a mechanical cable gauge, the gauge would have to be calibrated to read up to 150% of the car's expected cruising speed. And an electric gauge with a hall-effect or permanent magnet sensor could be used to create a traction control system.

harvick#1
29th July 2009, 01:00
Speedometers are even less reliable. To use a mechanical cable gauge, the gauge would have to be calibrated to read up to 150% of the car's expected cruising speed. And an electric gauge with a hall-effect or permanent magnet sensor could be used to create a traction control system.

everyother major racing series has speedometers to the exact, or does Nascar like to stay in the 19th century.

I just say have it like all the other series and have a limiter button in the car.

muggle not
29th July 2009, 02:52
The Panel on SPEED's NASCAR show explained exactly the same thing, and Mikey Waltrip and Biffle both were right on the money when they said their scoring monitor for pit row is available and they can watch NASCAR's monitoring the speeds in each segment. I suspect that feed of that monitor is available to any of the teams along with the regular scoring monitor. It isn't selective enforcement.
Fact is many teams and drivers get nailed for speeding all the time. However, it seems that there are a few Juan fans that like to complain when their guy gets nailed. I wonder why they think Juan should be exempt from a penalty.

PA Rick
30th July 2009, 01:46
Fact is many teams and drivers get nailed for speeding all the time. However, it seems that there are a few Juan fans that like to complain when their guy gets nailed. I wonder why they think Juan should be exempt from a penalty.
NASCAR could eliminate all the fuss if they published a list of all the drivers in all the traps. The data is there. This could be a tool for the drivers to determine how close they are to the limit.

Mark in Oshawa
30th July 2009, 02:11
Rick, the teams that get penalized are GIVEN a copy of the printout. Felix Sabates was all over it until he saw the print out and he and Brian Pattie told Juan the bad news after the race.

The problem lies in these new tach's which are preset by the engineers and they are set in theory to let you run right up to the limit. The problem is variences in wheel size through stagger and the imprecise method of measuring your speed through a tach. If Juan was just a tad conservative, he would have likely made it. Lets face the reality, the limit is 55 and you are given 5mph grace. You cant whine going 60.11. Believe me, Juan winning this race is a far more sexy story for NASCAR than Mr. Vanilla taking another Brickyard win...

PA Rick
30th July 2009, 21:08
Rick, the teams that get penalized are GIVEN a copy of the printout. Felix Sabates was all over it until he saw the print out and he and Brian Pattie told Juan the bad news after the race.

The problem lies in these new tach's which are preset by the engineers and they are set in theory to let you run right up to the limit. The problem is variences in wheel size through stagger and the imprecise method of measuring your speed through a tach. If Juan was just a tad conservative, he would have likely made it. Lets face the reality, the limit is 55 and you are given 5mph grace. You cant whine going 60.11. Believe me, Juan winning this race is a far more sexy story for NASCAR than Mr. Vanilla taking another Brickyard win...
Are they given a copy of the printout of the other car's speeds? So there is still the possibility of 3 cars speeding and two cars getting penalized.
As far as the tach calibration is concerned, it is my understanding it is calibrated real time using the pace car. Does the pace car run at 55 or 60 to calibrate this and what electronic speed control is used to control the speed of the pace car?
It appears there are a lot of areas to selectively manipulate factors. Transparency creates trust.

PA Rick
30th July 2009, 21:33
To put it in perspective, Juan got to the next timing loop ,0031 early once and .0017 the other time. He was speeding by 3.3 inches the first time and 1.8 inches the second time. I know the output is precice but how accurate and repeatable are the transponders?

dj4monie
31st July 2009, 00:55
NASCAR likes a dumbed down series even its very expensive to be competitive. I don't understand they can't allow a Pit Road Speed Limiter on the cars, push a button the MSD box won't over a certain RPM if your in the correct gear.

I won't say he got robbed but c'mon, a five mph cushion is 60mph. Are you trying to tell me NASCAR is counting down to the last tenth of a mph, if they are that's quite silly and it was in 2 of 4 sectors, how about in 3 sectors and then a penalty?

Until they resolve silly issues like this among other things, NASCAR Cup will continue to be manufactured racing, bordering on WWE and considered Entertainment and not actual Motorsports by MANY around the world.

I expect Montoya to be just as fast around Pocono this weekend

dj4monie
31st July 2009, 01:06

Exempt? Its Mickey Mouse Rules Making at best. Pit Road speeding is a RARE in other series.

Nobody ever confused intelligence with the NASCAR fan base and OH can I give examples...

The fury if something like this would happen to Jr, ha this is MILD compared to that outrage which one day I guarantee will get somebody killed.

muggle not
31st July 2009, 02:49
Exempt? Its Mickey Mouse Rules Making at best. Pit Road speeding is a RARE in other series.

Nobody ever confused intelligence with the NASCAR fan base and OH can I give examples...

The fury if something like this would happen to Jr, ha this is MILD compared to that outrage which one day I guarantee will get somebody killed.
What other series in the U.S. does anyone watch. Who cares what the other series rules are, this is Nascar. Just because the OW drivers can't compete successfully in Nascar is no reason to change the rules for them. If you ever actually watched a Nascar race you would have seen that Jr has been penalized for speeding, same as most other drivers at some time. Those are the rules, if you don't like them go watch the cars that drive themselves.

Sparky1329
31st July 2009, 04:39

And yet you're posting in this forum. :rolleyes:

PA Rick
31st July 2009, 17:55

I don't think I'm alone in my thoughts.... I enjoy racing, all racing. When NASCAR is on I usually watch it. But when I see some of the behind the scenes manipulation I get exasperated. Sunshine is the best antiseptic. Show me a list of the speeds. The data is there but it is being kept secret for some reason.
This is interseting......
http://www.scenedaily.com/news/articles/nationwideseries/NASCAR_Pit-road_setup_at_Kentucky_that_nabbed_27_worked_prope rly.html
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/224626-pit-road-speed-the-story-and-the-solution
http://hamptonroads.com/2009/07/time-nascar-show-itself

Lee Roy
2nd August 2009, 20:03

It's amazing to see what rats come out of the woodwork when something of this nature happens. They'll go away soon.

PA Rick
2nd August 2009, 20:15
It's amazing to see what rats come out of the woodwork when something of this nature happens. They'll go away soon.
Do you mean when NASCAR shows their "rules" are well, actually "guidelines". You're right, pretty soom all of the racing fans will go away leaving the NASCAR fans the sport to themselves.
It's not rocket science. If you're honest there is nothing to fear by publishing the pit road speeds for all cars on all pit stops. Unless it might get in the way of a good race.

muggle not
2nd August 2009, 22:55
Do you mean when NASCAR shows their "rules" are well, actually "guidelines". You're right, pretty soom all of the racing fans will go away leaving the NASCAR fans the sport to themselves.
It's not rocket science. If you're honest there is nothing to fear by publishing the pit road speeds for all cars on all pit stops. Unless it might get in the way of a good race.
Don't you realize that is is just another one of nascar's conspiracy thingies. Anytime Nascar sees a driver on the verge of winning that isn't on their list of favorites they come up with a way of taking the win away from the driver. You don't think they would penalize a jr or Jeff Gordon, do you. :) and surely not a Jimmie Johnson.

Lee Roy
2nd August 2009, 23:59

And you'd never confuse me with someone who wouldn't tell you to go #$%@ yourself.

dj4monie
4th August 2009, 00:44
And you'd never confuse me with someone who wouldn't tell you to go #$%@ yourself.

LOL, NeckCAR needs COLOR, Juan is color, a brown man.

I've always said by year 3 he would be winning on the ovals to further prove he can get it done in a oval dominated series. If he makes the Chase in year 3 I should beat up more on NASCAR in Las Vegas ($$$). My shot was called along with Toyota upping the ante in NASCAR and all can be found on Speed TV's Forums... (same screen name)

I don't have to clap like a seal like most NASCAR fans, I enjoy certain races and I expect high quality racing, along with sensible rule enforcement. Both constantly lacking in NASCAR.

Montoya could have one, but I give it up to Hamlin who had the fastest car all day.

muggle not
4th August 2009, 01:01
montoya is a good driver and is having a good year. He is probably one of the top 10 best this year.

Stu_H
4th August 2009, 07:29
He is having a great year, the change to Chevy seems to have done him the world of good.

Didn't like the ESPN pit reporter after yesterdays race, asking why Kahne had come over to have "serious words" with Juan when Kahne had only apologised for getting into him on the last restart. Always trying to brew a feud that never exists.

Lee Roy
4th August 2009, 12:52
NeckCAR

Mr. Moderator, is this kind of thing allowed here?

Mark in Oshawa
4th August 2009, 14:40
To put it in perspective, Juan got to the next timing loop ,0031 early once and .0017 the other time. He was speeding by 3.3 inches the first time and 1.8 inches the second time. I know the output is precice but how accurate and repeatable are the transponders?

You Say NASCAR doesn't release the times and then you publish these times. Where did you get them? Out of your EAR?

He was speeding. The limit is 55. They give you 5 for a fudge factor, and he was OUTSIDE of that. He wasn't 3.3 inches or 1.8...do the calculation from 55mph.

The system is the same for all drivers. All the transponders have to be mounted the same way in the same location and at 55 or 60 mph, the timing would be accurate to a thousandth of second or so.

Why do you insist that NASCAR jobbed JPM? You think him winning the Brickyard 400 wouldn't be a better story and marketing bonaza for NASCAR? CAn you say 50 million hispanics would be jacked by this? You think NASCAR doesn't want those people as fans? Good lord man....

JPM was speeding. Period. It isn't NASCAR's job to tell the teams what ratios to run and the RPM reading that will give them 55mph in second gear. If you speed, you are punished. We have had this out and yet you still think there is some conspiracy.

I am one to rip NASCAR when they screw up, and if they had dopes up and down pit lane with stop watches I would BBQ them, but the timing loops and scoring computer is not biased, and all the teams have access to those times. They do NOT have them in real time, and maybe they should have that scoring monitor on the media feed like the scoring computer, but you can be assured NASCAR wouldn't be able to hide anyone speeding on pitlane.

NASCAR just refuses to give the teams any tools that help them stay in the speed limit. THAT too is fair...it isn't the law's job to keep you within it, it is their job to catch you if you break the law. THAT my friend is the reality many refuse to grasp.

AS for JPM at Pocono, I wanted him to win, and it was a cheap attempt by ESPN to misunderstand what Kasey was doing there. Kasey was apologizing and JPM acknowledged that on the MRN broadcast. Not sure what he said on ESPN but I suppose he could be annoyed with the 9 giving him that shove, but I don't think anyone had anything for Hamlin......

PA Rick
4th August 2009, 18:11
You Say NASCAR doesn't release the times and then you publish these times. Where did you get them? Out of your EAR?

He was speeding. The limit is 55. They give you 5 for a fudge factor, and he was OUTSIDE of that. He wasn't 3.3 inches or 1.8...do the calculation from 55mph.

The system is the same for all drivers. All the transponders have to be mounted the same way in the same location and at 55 or 60 mph, the timing would be accurate to a thousandth of second or so.

Why do you insist that NASCAR jobbed JPM? You think him winning the Brickyard 400 wouldn't be a better story and marketing bonaza for NASCAR? CAn you say 50 million hispanics would be jacked by this? You think NASCAR doesn't want those people as fans? Good lord man....

JPM was speeding. Period. It isn't NASCAR's job to tell the teams what ratios to run and the RPM reading that will give them 55mph in second gear. If you speed, you are punished. We have had this out and yet you still think there is some conspiracy.

I am one to rip NASCAR when they screw up, and if they had dopes up and down pit lane with stop watches I would BBQ them, but the timing loops and scoring computer is not biased, and all the teams have access to those times. They do NOT have them in real time, and maybe they should have that scoring monitor on the media feed like the scoring computer, but you can be assured NASCAR wouldn't be able to hide anyone speeding on pitlane.

NASCAR just refuses to give the teams any tools that help them stay in the speed limit. THAT too is fair...it isn't the law's job to keep you within it, it is their job to catch you if you break the law. THAT my friend is the reality many refuse to grasp.

AS for JPM at Pocono, I wanted him to win, and it was a cheap attempt by ESPN to misunderstand what Kasey was doing there. Kasey was apologizing and JPM acknowledged that on the MRN broadcast. Not sure what he said on ESPN but I suppose he could be annoyed with the 9 giving him that shove, but I don't think anyone had anything for Hamlin......

I got the speeds because they were released after he was caught speeding. I never said he wasn't speeding. But I would like to know if anybody else was speeding and didn't get a drive thru. That data isn't available.
It's silly to say the speed limit is 55 with a 5mph leeway. What would happen if they said the engine size is 353 cubic inches with a 5 cubic inch cushion. How many 353 cubic inches would there be?I bet most would be 357.999 cubic inches.
Do they give teams warnings if they exceed 55mph?

muggle not
5th August 2009, 02:46
Your argument is all wet. All drivers know the rule on speeding and the penalty if caught. It was stupid of Montoya to push the limit on pit road speeding when he had a comfortable lead on the track. He only has himself to blame for losing the race.

I got the speeds because they were released after he was caught speeding. I never said he wasn't speeding. But I would like to know if anybody else was speeding and didn't get a drive thru. That data isn't available.
It's silly to say the speed limit is 55 with a 5mph leeway. What would happen if they said the engine size is 353 cubic inches with a 5 cubic inch cushion. How many 353 cubic inches would there be?I bet most would be 357.999 cubic inches.

dj4monie
5th August 2009, 07:38
He is having a great year, the change to Chevy seems to have done him the world of good.

Didn't like the ESPN pit reporter after yesterdays race, asking why Kahne had come over to have "serious words" with Juan when Kahne had only apologised for getting into him on the last restart. Always trying to brew a feud that never exists.

This is the press/media trying their hand at manufacturing drama, this is the fall out form Reality TV.

I tune that nonsense out its brutal...

dj4monie
5th August 2009, 07:45
Mr. Moderator, is this kind of thing allowed here?

Let's see - NO

Why would the moderator step in here? When people say "Ghetto" what are the visual imagines that come into your mind? I don't think of people living in squaller in rural PA, that's for sure.

NASCAR is STILL despite all its efforts and to the chagrin of fans that have been with Cup since the start of the "modern" (HA!) era is a Southeastern Sport, in the belly of Red State(s)/Bible Belt.

You can't get away from it and I am not the first person to use that phase nor the last.

Lee Roy
5th August 2009, 12:44
You can't get away from it and I am not the first person to use that phase nor the last.

I guess so. There are a lot of you out there with no manners.

Mark in Oshawa
8th August 2009, 04:45

If anyone else was speeding, they would have gotten the drive thru. I have told you WHY would NASCAR hide such a thing? So they could pick on JPM? Good lord you are delusional if you believe that.

If every team wanted to sit there and watch that monitor with the loops in the pits, they could. NASCAR isn't going to hide this stuff. The 5 mph leeway isn't silly, it is giving the drivers a fudge factor for getting their speed off the tach.

By the way, to your other point they have a 350ci limit in engines and give the engine builders a free 7.99 cubic inches. Just ask Carl Long what happens when you go past it. The point is the engine builder who looks in the rule book knows the second he assembles an engine over that 350ci limit, he is in the gray zone and he better not hope the engine works in and displaces more than that 358ci. He may build into that zone, but NASCAR is going to be aware of it and will let him know that he is in the gray zone if they measure it. Still the rule says 350ci. Just like a cop who warns you and doesn't give you a ticket. Go past a certain point, you get the ticket. It is no different in NASCAR.

The rules are the rules, and while they have for some rules well known fudge factors such as speeding on pit road, the fact is the rule for that track was 55, and he went past 60. Case closed. It doesn't MATTER what the other cars did, JPM was going too fast. End of story. If someone else was, they got nailed too if they were out side that 5mph window.

It is worth noting that NASCAR in the last decade has been very diligent about taking out gray areas on how they enforce penalties. They may in their less recent past made some decisions that were NOT fair on the surface but as of the last few years, have changed their practices and procedures AND rules and enforced them without malice and without prejudice. If you have PROOF (not just your opinion) either state it, or give it up.

PA Rick
8th August 2009, 05:02
If anyone else was speeding, they would have gotten the drive thru. I have told you WHY would NASCAR hide such a thing? So they could pick on JPM? Good lord you are delusional if you believe that.

If every team wanted to sit there and watch that monitor with the loops in the pits, they could. NASCAR isn't going to hide this stuff. The 5 mph leeway isn't silly, it is giving the drivers a fudge factor for getting their speed off the tach. THey have a 350ci limit in engines and give the engine builders a free 7.99 cubic inches. Just ask Carl Long what happens when you go past it.

The rules are the rules and NASCAR in the last decade has been very diligent about taking out gray areas on how they enforce penalties. They may in their less recent past made some decisions that were NOT fair on the surface but as of the last few years, have changed their practices and procedures AND rules and enforced them without malice and without prejudice. If you have PROOF (not just your opinion) either state it, or give it up.
You are the first person to say there is a publicly viewable monitor posting
all loop times in the pits. If this is the case then I am satisfied. I was of the opinion that the teams only get data when they exceed the speed.
If the data is there, I wonder why teams don't give drivers feedback from this monitor? Montoya exceeded 59mph on a previous stop.

In summary, my contention was that NASCAR only provided data to those who speed. No speed data for other drivers is provided. Therefore NASCAR could overlook some drivers speeding and the data would never be seen.
If there is a public monitor with all loop speeds posted, then this could not happen. Does anybody else know if this monitor is present?

If we had to have proof and not opinions to post, this would be a lonely forum.