PDA

View Full Version : Matt Hamilton looking to join the BTCC

AndySpeed
23rd July 2009, 16:08
19-year-old Matt Hamilton is looking to enter the BTCC for Rockingham and Brands Hatch in a TH-Motorsport prepared Honda Civic Type-R. Hamilton is switching from a single seater career and attempting to forge a path in tin-tops.

For the eagle-eyed amongst you I indeed started a thread on this on the official BTCC forums but in a moment of iron-fistedness it was removed.

Hamilton is believed to have not officially entered the championship, yet, but has tested the car at Rockingham.

tisme
23rd July 2009, 18:16
For the eagle-eyed amongst you I indeed started a thread on this on the official BTCC forums but in a moment of iron-fistedness it was removed.

And you were surprised at this???

VkmSpouge
23rd July 2009, 18:26
I certainly hope that Matt Hamilton will enter the BTCC, the more the merrier.

BTCC2
24th July 2009, 11:32
Will this be an old shape Civic?

AndySpeed
24th July 2009, 17:03
Will this be an old shape Civic?

Yes. Here's a photo of him testing it: http://www.btccaction.co.uk/wpg2?g2_itemId=1973

Allyc85
24th July 2009, 18:03
Another car on the grid is good. Will be interesting to see how he compares to Micky Doyles performances in the same type of car last year.

VkmSpouge
24th July 2009, 21:25
It'll be good to see that car out again, I had been wondering what had happened to the Synchro Civic.

BTCC2
24th July 2009, 23:46
It'll be good to see that car out again, I had been wondering what had happened to the Synchro Civic.

What is James Kaye up to these days, is he still involved in Britcar?

Eurotech
24th July 2009, 23:58
probably not, btw, why was the syncro civic always different?

VkmSpouge
25th July 2009, 13:50
How do you mean always different?

BTCC2
27th July 2009, 10:53
probably not, btw, why was the syncro civic always different?

Do you mean the livery?

Eurotech
28th July 2009, 10:37
no the headlamps and front splitter

LiamM
28th July 2009, 10:49
The Synchro team were the guys off the Honda production line (ironically if they were still going they could have had about 3 months development time).

The lights are identical to the facelifted Type-R probably just taken straight from the production line parts bin

Marc W
6th August 2009, 10:31
The Synchro team were the guys off the Honda production line (ironically if they were still going they could have had about 3 months development time).

The lights are identical to the facelifted Type-R probably just taken straight from the production line parts bin

They are still going and run a current proudction spec Honda Civic Type R in Britcar Production. Not for James Kaye though.

tisme
6th August 2009, 22:27
Apparently not a Synchro built car? http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=3783

VkmSpouge
7th August 2009, 01:37
I don't believe Synchro actually built the car, I thought they got one from Arena and then just modified it over the years. Still it is hard to believe it isn't the ex-Synchro one in those colours.

Marc W
7th August 2009, 12:22
Synchro never built their car, it was an ex Arena Civic so this is the Synchro car.

reidy_fan
7th August 2009, 17:11
i am pretty sure it was arena that built all the old shape civics in BTC spec including the 2 that team dynamics ran in 2004 (remember seeing pix of them with arena badges on the cage) the car mickey doyle has is deffo ex chilton/arena. so there must have been 5 shells at least, mickey bought the car from mark proctor and that had a new shell (arena built a new car/shell in 05 for chilton) there is the 2 td shells that are still lying somewhere and the syncro car

there is the 2 ETCC spec civics that barwell motorsport had circa 2003, one of those ended up with john batchelor in 2004 and was used by richard marsh and jason hughes had one but jason didnt race his in btcc

VkmSpouge
8th August 2009, 12:48
there is the 2 ETCC spec civics that barwell motorsport had circa 2003, one of those ended up with john batchelor in 2004 and was used by richard marsh and jason hughes had one but jason didnt race his in btcc

I believe Synchro originally built those Civics for the Production class in 2002 and sold them onto Barwell for 2003 Production class. They were the best cars in the class as both James Kaye and Luke Hines won the Production Class Drivers' Championship. Unfortunately their conversion to Super 2000-spec was less than successful.