PDA

View Full Version : and in the news......

Daniel
22nd July 2009, 22:37
Your fridge needs electricity to run and when it's not running your food goes off......

No ****ing **** morons.

Why does this sort of rubbish make the news?

Dave B
23rd July 2009, 08:19
Dare I ask?

Daniel
23rd July 2009, 08:32
Have you not had blanket covwrage of the power cuts to Kent and footage of gormless housewives whinging about their food going off?

Dave B
23rd July 2009, 08:43
Ah, them. I'm east enough not to have been affected and my fridge/freezer contents are insured. Any sign of a long power cut and I'd just sling the lot on the BBQ anyway :D

GridGirl
23rd July 2009, 08:55
I suppose there is only so much of a 30 minutes news programme that you can fill with talk of swine flu. Its especially boring in these parts seeing practically everyone knows atleast one person thats had it.

Azumanga Davo
23rd July 2009, 12:12
Could be worse. You could be watching Today Tonight or something. Today was another yawnfest about who had the best home loans, again...

Mark
23rd July 2009, 12:32
You have to remember people are stupid. They really do need to be told that when the items in your fridge thaw out, don't re-freeze them!

Mind you, we had a 6 hour long power cut a few weeks ago and we didn't throw everything in the freezer away, we figured that the stuff would be fine :p

Dave B
23rd July 2009, 13:48
Mind you, we had a 6 hour long power cut a few weeks ago and we didn't throw everything in the freezer away, we figured that the stuff would be fine :p
I've got a chest freezer in the garage which I had to switch off for about ten hours while I re-wired the garden electrics, and everything was fine and dandy.

You have to remember people are stupid.
Amen. Jeremy Vine's twonking on about whether hot taps need labels reminding people that the water might be hot :s

Dave B
23rd July 2009, 13:50
As a tangent, talking about Health & Safety gone mental, Sean Lock made a lovely observation recently about the moon landings: "The Americans planted a flag. If the British had been first we'd have put up a sign saying 'Caution: uneven surface'".

christophulus
23rd July 2009, 17:40
You have to remember people are stupid. They really do need to be told that when the items in your fridge thaw out, don't re-freeze them!

I see it as natural selection really. If people are that stupid they deserve to get ill :)

Easy Drifter
23rd July 2009, 20:03
Remember in NA take out coffee cups have warning that the contents are hot.
By the way you do not need electricity to run a fridge. It could be propane (LPG) or natural gas. Think RV's and boats. Mind you it would have to be designed for that!

J4MIE
23rd July 2009, 23:06
Agreed, people are stupid :( It's why the swine flu is in the news so much. Haven't you heard that it'll kill you?? :eek:

Captain VXR
24th July 2009, 16:58
Sheeple=Stupid=Panic :)