PDA

View Full Version : Argh call centres

Mark
22nd July 2009, 14:47
More than just rang me regarding my car insurance, which I have with them at the moment but I decided to go somewhere else because their quote was crazy crazy.

More than: Hello, I'd just like to speak to you regarding your car insurance.
Me: OK.
More than: Can you confirm the first line of you address please?
Me: No I can't. I've got no idea who you are!
More than: It's for data protection you have to confirm your address before I can speak to you
Me: No.
More than: Well can you call us back to speak to us.
Me: Why? What's it about
More than: I can't tell you that.
Me: Why should I bother ringing you and sitting in a queue for ages when you won't even tell me what it's for?
More than: I can't tell you. I'll just have to put in your notes that you refused to talk to us.

:mad:

Dave B
22nd July 2009, 15:32
I've had that with T-Mobile: an anonymous call to my mobile asking for my password. I'm fairly sure it was really them, but I certainly wasn't about to give any information out to a stranger. The bloke got the right hump when I said I'd call back.

I've also been getting some calls on my home phone for a woman I've never heard of, and Google says the number is a debt collector with a dubious reputation. They won't take "no" for an answer, and when I rung their head office they refused to discuss it with anybody other than the account holder for "data protection reasons".

Grr.

Daniel
22nd July 2009, 16:55
I always say to people at work that if they're not happy to accept an outbound call that they should call us on a number they're sure of. When we call people who have requested a call from us we only do partial security like what's the first fourth and fifth letter of your mothers maiden name which is a safer way of doing things. What More Than are doing above is a security risk IMHO