PDA

View Full Version : Japanese fishermen brace for giant jellyfish

Tazio
20th July 2009, 04:18
CNN) -- Giant jellyfish descend on the Sea of Japan, causing untold devastation to coastal villages and leaving a trail of destruction and human misery behind. :confused:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/07/19/japan.jellyfish/index.html?eref=rss_topstories
I bet being scooped up in a commercial fishing net while floating around in your crib isn't that appealing to the freakin' jellyfish either! :mark:

steve_spackman
21st July 2009, 21:06
I bet being scooped up in a commercial fishing net while floating around in your crib isn't that appealing to the freakin' jellyfish either! :mark:

Those are some big Jellyfish..Never thought they could get that big.

Tazio
22nd July 2009, 03:44
Those are some big Jellyfish..Never thought they could get that big.Bite your head off man! :p :
I've been stung by Jellyfish at local beaches It stings like a mother. Of course they aren't as plentiful as they used to be.

I was just wondering if the way that Japan, and Korea have overfished the $hit out of our planet
if this was just the beginning of some really good payback due to their Karma in this Arena.

Plus my original point of the idea that it was "causing untold devastation to coastal villages and leaving a trail of destruction and human misery behind",
as opposed to "causing untold devastation to innocent Jellyfish and leaving a trail of destruction and cnidarian misery behind". :mark:

rah
22nd July 2009, 06:17
Bite your head off man! :p :
I've been stung by Jellyfish at local beaches It stings like a mother. Of course they aren't as plentiful as they used to be.

I was just wondering if the way that Japan, and Korea have overfished the $hit out of our planet
if this was just the beginning of some really good payback due to their Karma in this Arena.

Plus my original point of the idea that it was "causing untold devastation to coastal villages and leaving a trail of destruction and human misery behind",
as opposed to "causing untold devastation to innocent Jellyfish and leaving a trail of destruction and cnidarian misery behind". :mark:
Overfishing in many place leeds to a bloom in Jellyfish numbers, not just off Japan. But most places do have jellies that big.

Tazio
22nd July 2009, 07:01
Overfishing in many place leeds to a bloom in Jellyfish numbers, not just off Japan.Yes I'm acutely aware of that.
I have an issue with Japanese, and Korean Commercial fisherman. Back in the early 90's those governments made deals with with Mexico that if they bought Pemex oil products they could Long Line the S*** out of Mexican Territorials Waters. I guess it's the governments that I'm displeased with. Contrary to what a lot many people think. Mexico has very strict wildlife laws. They are very ecologically minded. I don't think this was in the interest of the Mexican people. To say nothing of the fact that many are dependent on fishing their own waters.
Another case of Big Oil, Big fish, and a fortune in Sushi vs the environment!

WRCfan
23rd July 2009, 10:33
Well Japan feels they have a right to head for waters close to NZ and Australia and steal our whales...clueless morons.

Go catch them in Japanese waters.

rah
23rd July 2009, 12:32
Well Japan feels they have a right to head for waters close to NZ and Australia and steal our whales...clueless morons.

Go catch them in Japanese waters.

They are not allowed, that's what they are asking for in the whaling commission.

anthonyvop
23rd July 2009, 14:11
Wow.

Has to read to the end of the article before they blamed it on Global Warming.

Roamy
23rd July 2009, 14:48
nuke the jellyfish :p :p :p

Tazio
23rd July 2009, 15:37
nuke the jellyfish :p :p :p
They already did! The next generations mutation will have legs like a 16' tall Sumo Wrestler, The head of an enormous Saltwater Croc. The shell of I Loggerhead Sea-turtle, and eyes that emit laser beams capable of melting #5 Bethlehem steel rebar. Then will be talking about:

"causing untold devastation to coastal villages and leaving a trail of destruction and human misery behind",

Wow.

Has to read to the end of the article before they blamed it on Global Warming.
Dude, there is something seriously wrong with you.