PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Harvick wants out.

Sparky1329
14th July 2009, 20:36
Holy chit! :eek:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/tim_tuttle/07/14/Harvick_RCR/

Kevin Harvick has told Richard Childress he would like to leave after this season, according to multiple sources. Harvick has one year remaining on his contract with RCR, but the Shell/Pennzoil sponsorship deal on the No. 29 ends at the end of this season, and Harvick is trying to move with it to Stewart-Haas.

Tony Stewart has said his team is interested in running a third car in Sprint Cup in 2010. Adding Harvick in a package with a strong sponsor would be a masterstroke.

Wade91
14th July 2009, 20:39
i think Kevin would do alot better with Stewart/Hass then he is with RCR

harvick#1
14th July 2009, 21:00
not surprising, I think he could give RCR so much time and its been one big rollarcoaster career at RCR, from 2001 to down in 02, to up in 03, to down in 04-05, to up in 06 to down in 07, to up in 08, to down in 09. I think hes tired of that.

I'd still like to see him at RBR

willracefan
16th July 2009, 06:34
prepare for the worst. with truex signing on at mwr, then rc will not find another big name driver to keep 100 employees. so therefore kevin is stuck and the fans have to suffer.

willracefan
16th July 2009, 06:36
but you know, if kevin does do well next year he should leave for sure if rc really pulled this crap with him.

NickFalzone
17th July 2009, 17:46
RCR isn't going to make this easy:

http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/headlines/cup/07/15/kharvick.wants.out.reports/index.html

jslone
17th July 2009, 23:41
I am not surpsied at this.the rcr article failed to mention that Shells sponsorhip is up AT THE END OF THIS SEASON.No one has mentioned that talks are being underway for either Harvick to stay with RCR or Shell for that matter.

Mark in Oshawa
18th July 2009, 15:32
I am not surpsied at this.the rcr article failed to mention that Shells sponsorhip is up AT THE END OF THIS SEASON.No one has mentioned that talks are being underway for either Harvick to stay with RCR or Shell for that matter.

Richard Childress says they have a contract through 2010. I think he knows what his contracts say before he puts out public press releases.

If Harvick wants out, I can understand it and RC might let him go if he wants out and has a good ride lined up, but I suspect Shell/Pennzoil aint going anywhere until 2010. With no sponsor, Stewart-Haas has no way of putting that 3rd car on the track and he wont do this deal unless there is a sponsor on that car for the season. Ryan's car only has the Army for half the season and is filling the rest of it with sponsors they pickup and Haas automation. They wont do a 3rd car without it being covered. PERIOD.

Kevin may want out, but he may have no way out.

I do know that Richard Childress took a chance on Harvick when no one knew who he was, supported him in Busch, and gave him the coveted 3 team in the wake of Dale's passing. They won races together, won a Daytona 500 and Richard Childress is one of the classiet and most honest men in NASCAR. If Kevin wants out, I am sure there is a deal to be done, but Kevin aint taking a sponsor away from RC to another team.

harvick#1
18th July 2009, 15:58
I do know that Richard Childress took a chance on Harvick when no one knew who he was, supported him in Busch, and gave him the coveted 3 team in the wake of Dale's passing. They won races together, won a Daytona 500 and Richard Childress is one of the classiet and most honest men in NASCAR. If Kevin wants out, I am sure there is a deal to be done, but Kevin aint taking a sponsor away from RC to another team.

It was Earnhardt who spotted him and told RC that if he wasn't going to hire him, he was.

but the way this who deal is looking, Harvick wants out but Childress is saying no, Harvick hasn't gone on the media yet to say the rumor was rubbish so it can only be assuming that he wants out. Jack Daniels I believe is leaving the end of the year and could be tied to Harvick if he does get out

Mark in Oshawa
28th July 2009, 04:05
I said it before, If Kevin wants out, and it looks like he might, then there is a deal likely to be done but taking a sponsor with him will be tough unless it is JD and they are ending their contract. I think some people read too much into what isn't said....

harvick#1
29th July 2009, 01:02
well Jamie just got the shaft from Roush as Crown went to Kenseth

Sparky1329
29th July 2009, 04:47
well Jamie just got the shaft from Roush as Crown went to Kenseth

Got the shaft? How so? It's not like Jamie has been burning up the track or anything.

harvick#1
29th July 2009, 05:29
doing better than Ragan

Sparky1329
29th July 2009, 15:13
doing better than Ragan

Yeah but UPS wants to continue to sponsor Ragan. If I were a sponsor I'd opt for the young guy with a lot of years ahead of him rather than a do-nothing driver who's been around long enough to prove himself and hasn't. I have nothing against Jamie but he doesn't have much to show for his eleven years in NASCAR.

Mark in Oshawa
17th August 2009, 05:49
Harvick..you are just too bitter for your own good.....

harvick#1
17th August 2009, 13:38
Harvick..you are just too bitter for your own good.....

where is this coming from all of a sudden

Mark in Oshawa
17th August 2009, 15:01
Harvick, for the better part of a month you have done nothing but slag NASCAR and anyone involved in it for the most part. I was just pointing it out, and I will also say I didn't expect it either. Your posts on other forums are not as negative, but I thought you are being a little too negative looking for conspiracy that isn't there. You also were "done" with NASCAR about a month or so back and you are still here.

Just pointing that out too and also going to say we don't want you to stop posting or stating your opinion. You are entitled to both, and while I may be giving you a bit of a hard time over it, don't take it as if I am out to get you either. I suppose I am teasing you a little.....but not out of spite.

harvick#1
17th August 2009, 17:00
I'm not "done" with nascar, I watch it now and again from time to time if I feel like it, its just not my top series anymore. As for the being critical on certain things, I try to give them the benefit of the doubt, but each time I watch the race, Nascar doesn't know how to run it.

case in point was Edwards not coming to pitroad and he lost a position to Kenseth for "not keeping minimum speed?" yet Carl never slowed down, yet certain drivers can jump restarts with no penalty.

I've known for a very long time the only thing Nascar is consistent for is its inconsistency.

I watched the BTCC sunday and I really liked the racing, but in race 3, obvious team orders were used on the last lap of the last corner to help the driver in the championship, I cried foul and the officials found nothing wrong. while the FIA does go abit overboard on its penalties, they still atleast enforce the basics.

with the Marcos Ambrose pass on Kyle at the Glen, that could've been also called for corner cutting as he never took the corner, all 4 tires were off the track going inside the the corner.

much like with Bettman (sp) in hockey, and Max and Bernie, enough is enough with crap from the top boys, I've been calling for Brian and Mike to step down is because they have been destorying Nascar's reputation. its time for a change

Mark in Oshawa
17th August 2009, 17:30
I'm not "done" with nascar, I watch it now and again from time to time if I feel like it, its just not my top series anymore. As for the being critical on certain things, I try to give them the benefit of the doubt, but each time I watch the race, Nascar doesn't know how to run it.

case in point was Edwards not coming to pitroad and he lost a position to Kenseth for "not keeping minimum speed?" yet Carl never slowed down, yet certain drivers can jump restarts with no penalty.

I've known for a very long time the only thing Nascar is consistent for is its inconsistency.

I watched the BTCC sunday and I really liked the racing, but in race 3, obvious team orders were used on the last lap of the last corner to help the driver in the championship, I cried foul and the officials found nothing wrong. while the FIA does go abit overboard on its penalties, they still atleast enforce the basics.

with the Marcos Ambrose pass on Kyle at the Glen, that could've been also called for corner cutting as he never took the corner, all 4 tires were off the track going inside the the corner.

much like with Bettman (sp) in hockey, and Max and Bernie, enough is enough with crap from the top boys, I've been calling for Brian and Mike to step down is because they have been destorying Nascar's reputation. its time for a change

First off Brian and Mike don't make the call on races, David Houts does. Secondly Ambrose went over the curb, never touched the grass. That pass was legal, just awkward for the Shrub because if he wasn't head's up he would have wrecked both of them.

As for you enforcing minimum speeds on the race track, drivers get warning and only penalized if it is persistent. You need to either get a NASCAR rule book so you can understand this stuff, or maybe accept they do know what they are doing. I used to nail NASCAR for being inconsistent but I have found in the last few years they have been more on top of stuff. That said, Jimmie jumping the start did look borderline and I hope they address that in the future. That said, if Jimmie didn't have fuel issues, he HAD the best car....

muggle not
18th August 2009, 02:42
I think that Harvick is probably mad at me because I am now a fan of the driver, Harvick, and harvick has no one to yell at. :p :

harvick#1
18th August 2009, 03:56
:s mokin:

:laugh:

well mark, did you read the article with Jr asking for major changes for the Cot to make the racing better, and Helton shut it down claiming its been the best racing in a long time, hahaha what a joke Mike is, most of all the drivers are complaining that the car sucks and is horrid in traffic and Nascar won't give in to changes to try and improve the racing for the 1st 2/3rd of a race.

Jonesi
18th August 2009, 04:47
snip...You need to either get a NASCAR rule book so you can understand this stuff, or maybe accept they do know what they are doing. snip...

Just how do you get a Nascar Rule Book? ;-)

Lee Roy
18th August 2009, 17:06

Become a NASCAR competitor.

muggle not
19th August 2009, 01:30
http://blog.al.com/blogoftomorrow/2009/08/kevin_harvicks_frustration_mou.html (http://blog.al.com/blogoftomorrow/2009/08/kevin_harvicks_frustration_mou.html)

"Kevin Harvick hasn't been "Happy Harvick," the nickname he acquired early in his Cup career, for quite a while. He hasn't won since the Daytona 500 in 2007 and he's mired way back in the points this year.

And he definitely wasn't happy on Sunday at Michigan judging by his exchanges over the radio with team owner Richard Childress. You can listen to them at this link.

Harvick is notorious for complaining about the car and for being sarcastic in doing so. But he was especially irritated on Sunday when he complained because he thought a slow pit stop caused him to lose positions on the track and because he was moving backwards.

"You beat the 14 (Tony Stewart) out of the pits and he's going forward," Childress told him.

"I'm tired of listening to your excuses, Richard," Harvick snapped back.

"I'll talk to you about it later," Childress replied.

Later, Harvick complains that the wheel feels like it's going to fall off.

"Kevin, drive the car," Childress tells him. "I'm getting tired. You get paid to drive it. Drive it."

Sparky1329
19th August 2009, 04:25
Hoo boy. That sounds like there's trouble in paradise.

Mark in Oshawa
19th August 2009, 06:01

We may not get one easily but if you think you saw a rules violation from home, you ever think all those guys on pit road with big brains and calculators; not mention monitors of 5 camera feeds didn't see it? THEY have rule books. If someone is getting away with something on track, you can bet your last buck they are going to NASCAR with it.

It makes me laugh, Harvickfan there see's Jimmie 8 inches ahead of maybe where he should be and figures NASCAR is ignoring it. You think any of the chief's up and down pit road arne't going to squak?

WE may not have rule books, but the people competing know what the rules are, and everyone pushes right to the end. I suspect Jimmie knows NASCAR is probably going to enforce it if you are more than a fender length. IT is the same sort of fudge factor the guys have on the pit road speed limit. NASCAR allows you to be off a bit...and likely does have a hard and fast line that they will draw if someone jumps past it.

harvick#1
19th August 2009, 14:21
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt=Ag6IitmhZBloR.HknNZ45._ov7YF?slug=jh-happyhour081809&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

well I'm not the only one who caught the JJ incident :p :

Mark in Oshawa
19th August 2009, 15:21
Harvick, I don't doubt it. Everyone saw it, but the point is the teams obviously understand that NASCAR is giving them some leeway on this one, otherwise guys will be playing all sorts of games on restarts to make the other guy jump. If you are the leader, tapping the brake or heistating will make the other guy jump if you time it right. Is the guy at fault when the leader is playing that game? Does it really matter???

No...I think if you had Mike Helton here or more important, the race director David Houts, he would tell you they are looking for a clear jump of half a car length where it is obvious the leader is being passed. Furthermore, I don't remember Jimmie holding the lead from that point on. If he falls back and lets the leader gain that fender or so back they may not call the penalty.

This is no different than the speeding in pit lane law. THey define the law, and then they are giving the teams a bit of fudge room. How much in this case we don't know, but you know the drivers and teams know. Sitting in your barcalounger, it is pretty hard to call penalities on a race....