MALAYSIAN GRAND PRIX W 22.7 sec
CHINESE GRAND PRIX L 44.9
BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX W 7.1
PREMIO DE ESPANA TELEFONICA 2009 W 13.0
GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2009 W 7.6
TURKISH GRAND PRIX W 6.7
BRITISH GRAND PRIX L46.2
VON DEUTSCHLAND 2009 L 23.6 + (20)

when he has lost to redbull it has been over 3 time the amount of seconds that he won any gp by.

markabilly
12th July 2009, 23:09
AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX W 0.8 sec
MALAYSIAN GRAND PRIX W 22.7 sec
CHINESE GRAND PRIX L 44.9
BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX W 7.1
PREMIO DE ESPANA TELEFONICA 2009 W 13.0
GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2009 W 7.6
TURKISH GRAND PRIX W 6.7
BRITISH GRAND PRIX L46.2
VON DEUTSCHLAND 2009 L 23.6 + (20)

when he has lost to redbull it has been over 3 time the amount of seconds that he won any gp by.
as the rolling stones said, time is on my side....and maybe red bull will catch and pass them......all the brits are scared that jenny will do a rookie lewi at the end due to the pressure :eek: :eek:

and maybe they should be

woody2goody
13th July 2009, 00:05
Have we seen their best? Possibly, but don't count them out. After all Red Bull were supposed to destroy them in Monaco, and Brawn destroyed them instead.

They said new parts were still coming to most races, so you never know. However Hungary should suit RBR down to a T.

wedge
13th July 2009, 00:11
BGP001 doesn't like cold temperatures so far and we're halfway through the development race.

I'd right till Spa for a firmer conclusion.

Ari
13th July 2009, 00:15
Maybe my money on Webber for WDC at 61/1 is still alive! :p

I think from here it's a 'fight' that's for sure. Saying that though the next few tracks should favour Brawn.

RBR have done well to extract 1-2's on the tracks they are favoured in.

F1boat
13th July 2009, 07:27
Two races ago we said that the title race is over, now Brawn GP are done. IMO it is not as simple as that. Should RBR wins 1-2 at dry Valencia circuit, however, it will be truly over for Jenson and Ross.

Hawkmoon
13th July 2009, 09:14
I wonder if Brawn can keep pace with Red Bull in the development race? Honda put a lot of money into that car but how much are they still putting in? I'd say it's less than what Red Bull are spending.

The Brawn was a great car out of the box but ol' Ross needs to keep making it better.

On a side note I don't think either Brawn or Red Bull will feature in the championship challenge next year. Ferrari and McLaren will run them down with stable rules and a year off from the championship fight.

Sleeper
13th July 2009, 10:53
Brawn have a big update for the next race, I think this fight 'aint over yet.

seb_sh
13th July 2009, 11:04
Honda are not putting any more money in. Even so, Red Bull does not have infinite resources so the development race might be a battle of efficiency and design skill rather than a financial one. Also I think the fight will be more complex than a development race as the two cars seem to favor different tracks/temperatures.

ioan
13th July 2009, 11:23
Brawn have a big update for the next race, I think this fight 'aint over yet.

Nowadays an update without testing might yield a couple tenths per lap or might be a big flop. And they need more than a couple of tenths to fairly beat the RedBulls.

Also if they merely qualify in front of McLarens and Ferraris they will never make the first corner in front of these cars, which means they are done.

They also have bigger tire usage problems than any other team on the grid which has pushed them to 3 stop strategies already a couple of times.

The next 4 races Bridgestone will bring tires only one step apart which might be good for them but a disaster if not.

Also Ferrari are having problems with setting up properly the car for use with the 2 step difference in the tires, but they will have it much easier with only one step difference and I expect them to do better in the next 4 races.

All in one what we expected happens, Brawn is falling back while the stronger teams are recovering.

ioan
13th July 2009, 11:24
Honda are not putting any more money in.

Yes they are. They are supporting them with some 150 millions this season, it was part o the agreement.

ClarkFan
13th July 2009, 16:29
Yes, four wins in a row is the best we will see from Brawn. They will be lucky to win a mere three in a row from here on out!

More seriously, let's see how they do on warmer race days. Their tire problem has been getting them up to temperature, and they ran into graining last race on the super-soft compound (a common problem this year - no has had a very happy stint on the soft option). On a cool day, Brawn might actually benefit from the soft compound being closer to the medium - they may be able to use the soft and get it to temperature.

ClarkFan

Roamy
13th July 2009, 18:50
the problem for red bull is twofold which guy is going to run for the title and the macs will be back and alonso and massa for a while. so Red Bull has to win because the top 8 is going to get split up.

ioan
13th July 2009, 19:07
the problem for red bull is twofold which guy is going to run for the title and the macs will be back and alonso and massa for a while. so Red Bull has to win because the top 8 is going to get split up.

As long as they get one-two's and ferrari, Williams and McLaren can place at least one car in front of Jenson one of the Red Bull drivers will get the championship.

If I were RedBull I would update the STR car to the latest RedBull specifications in order to put them in contention with the Brawns.

Sonic
13th July 2009, 20:09
In answer to the original question. Yes. But Button will still win the WDC as all he needs to do is keep scoring whilst Vettel, Webs take points off each other.

RBR should now win the WCC if their rate of development doesn't flat line.

There. The oracle has spoken ;) :rolleyes:

Brown, Jon Brow
13th July 2009, 22:34
I think the Brawns have suffered in the past two races mostly due to the colder conditions. I expect a hotter Hungaroring to suit them better.

stevie_gerrard
14th July 2009, 11:25
Theres meant to be a lot of updates coming up for the Brawn team, and we all know that the car just isnt the same in the cool conditions. I still have hope that things will turn out alright and we may see some great racing from them. You can clearly see that both drivers have the determintion to come through this sticky patch.