PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Webber for first win

ioan
12th July 2009, 14:41
Congrats! :up:

He fully, double even, deserves this win!

christophulus
12th July 2009, 14:44
After all that shocking luck it's great to see him finally do it. Dominant victory too, well done!

Next stop world championship?

F1boat
12th July 2009, 14:45
Congratulations. Drive of the Year.

yodasarmpit
12th July 2009, 14:46
Great drive to come back after the penalty.

ioan
12th July 2009, 14:47
Congratulations. Drive of the Year.

After his move at the start I have a bit of problems calling this the drive of the year.
Also the season is only half way, so I would keep the decision for October! ;)

Garry Walker
12th July 2009, 14:49
Congrats

ShiftingGears
12th July 2009, 14:51
Brilliant.

Tazio
12th July 2009, 14:51
Great drive by Mark Honorable mention to FM FA, NR :up:

Jake Stephens
12th July 2009, 15:00
Great Win for Mark, well deserved. Reminded me of Melbourne 2002 when he finished in the points. Did anyone notice that all the logos on the Red Bull drivers overalls are now stickers and not sown? Something small i know but probably saving weight.

rah
12th July 2009, 15:06
Great to see him finally do it. Well deserved penalty but a well deserved win.

Ranger
12th July 2009, 15:07
Hard to believe he broke both his leg and shoulder in November!

Penalty was a bit too harsh IMO but the recovery drive was worth remembering, it was awesome! :D

Congratulations, Mark.

PS nice Aussie vernacular on the slow-down lap! :D

cynisca
12th July 2009, 15:08
In face of that drive-through-penalty, he has won the race.
Congratulation, Mr Webber!

ozrevhead
12th July 2009, 15:11
OMG you dont know how happy and excited I am :D

Mark fully deserves that :D

Ive never had heard Advance Australia Fair after an F1 race and FXXX it was brilliant! :D

F1boat
12th July 2009, 15:13

Ive never had heard Advance Australia Fair after an F1 race and FXXX it was brilliant! :D

I am very happy for you, Oz!

woody2goody
12th July 2009, 15:42
Well done big man. You still won't win the cricket ;)

ShiftingGears
12th July 2009, 15:49
Well done big man. You still won't win the cricket ;)

Only 3 more wickets ;)

N. Jones
12th July 2009, 16:02
Great drive by Webbo! The penalty did not cost him the win.

pino
12th July 2009, 17:57

I am very glad for Mark, you, and for all fans (especially KateB) of his who have been waiting so long for this day. Amazing and well deserved win :up:

Rollo
12th July 2009, 21:16
It was always my prediction that Webber would never win a GP and that I'd eat my hat if he did so. In the light of this...

Does anyone have any recipes for hat?

Ari
13th July 2009, 00:25
It was always my prediction that Webber would never win a GP and that I'd eat my hat if he did so. In the light of this...

Does anyone have any recipes for hat?

2 parts hat
1 part humble pie
half cup sugar
half cup grain
pinch of salt
table spoon of fresh lemon juice

place all in a soup pot, bring to the boil.

garnish with a dvd of the 2009 german gp!

Enjoy! :)

Valve Bounce
13th July 2009, 04:25
Great Win for Mark, well deserved. Reminded me of Melbourne 2002 when he finished in the points. Did anyone notice that all the logos on the Red Bull drivers overalls are now stickers and not sown? Something small i know but probably saving weight.

:rolleyes:

Valve Bounce
13th July 2009, 04:26
Congrats! :up:

He fully, double even, deserves this win!

Welcome aboard, ioan!! :up:

Valve Bounce
13th July 2009, 04:28

:D

Yes! I do!! :)

THis is the first Aussi win for 30 bloody years. :up:

leopard
13th July 2009, 04:54
RBR was extremely strong, as predicted previously,

Valve Bounce
13th July 2009, 07:14
Mark was very strong, very fast. In the end, even after the drive through penalty, he finished more than a full pit stop time in front of the Brawns. Please Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the last time a driver won after serving a drive through penalty was none other than SchM. Nuff said!!

Tazio
13th July 2009, 07:31
OMG you dont know how happy and excited I am

Yes! I do!! :)

THis is the first Aussi win for 30 bloody years. :up:

Mark shows bunsen the way
Valve I think you and Ozzy both need to cheer up a little!! :love: :p :

millencolin
13th July 2009, 07:34
I knew evenually I would be able to say these words... MARK WEBBER WINS!!! I was cheering and screaming in my lounge room, waking up everyone in my house and the houses around me! It was an absolutely amazing drive, I thought he was down and out with that penalty.

It shows that no matter how much bad luck one can have, things will turn your way if you work hard enough at it!

I was a tad annoyed that they left off the last bit of 'Advance Australia Fair'... but to see an Australian flag rise up and to see Mark acknowledge the flag was something special. A true, proud Aussie... And all of Australia is proud of you Mark!!!

Now, its been proclaimed by the lord and saviours of Australian sport, Roy and HG, that this will be Mark Webber Month, in celebration of his wonderful achievement!

ioan
13th July 2009, 08:59
Welcome aboard, ioan!! :up:

Aboard of what?!
I'm not gonna jump on any bandwagon, I'm just acknowledging a well deserved win!

Valve Bounce
13th July 2009, 09:20
Valve I think you and Ozzy both need to cheer up a little!! :love: :p :

we are!! we bloody well are. :up:

Valve Bounce
13th July 2009, 09:21
Aboard of what?!
I'm not gonna jump on any bandwagon, I'm just acknowledging a well deserved win!

You just can't help it, can you. Just can't be gracious about anything here. Lighten up, ioan!! It doesn't hurt!!

Sonic
13th July 2009, 09:34
Webs = Legend! Fact.

ioan
13th July 2009, 11:13
You just can't help it, can you. Just can't be gracious about anything here. Lighten up, ioan!! It doesn't hurt!!

What exactly is your problem?!

I started this very thread to congratulate the guy for his first win and you say that I'm not gracious simply because I say I'm not getting on a fan bandwagon?!

You should lighten up, not me. You're a sore fan, a very poor one, of a good driver who just won his first race. :rolleyes:

Valve Bounce
13th July 2009, 11:31
What exactly is your problem?!

I started this very thread to congratulate the guy for his first win and you say that I'm not gracious simply because I say I'm not getting on a fan bandwagon?!

You should lighten up, not me. You're a sore fan, a very poor one, of a good driver who just won his first race. :rolleyes:

When someone welcomes you aboard, ioan, the last thing they would expect is a nasty reply to what is essentially a lighthearted friendly greeting.

ioan
13th July 2009, 11:40
When someone welcomes you aboard, ioan, the last thing they would expect is a nasty reply to what is essentially a lighthearted friendly greeting.

What was nasty about saying that I'm not getting on board?!
Sorry mate, you should learn to accept when your invitations are turned down, it's a free world after all.

Valve Bounce
13th July 2009, 11:55
What was nasty about saying that I'm not getting on board?!
Sorry mate, you should learn to accept when your invitations are turned down, it's a free world after all.

The perfect image of graciousness here!!

555-04Q2
13th July 2009, 12:21
Great, dominating drive by Webber. Well done sir :up:

BeansBeansBeans
13th July 2009, 12:40
I'm delighted for him. A good guy finished first.

Tazio
13th July 2009, 13:21
we are!! we bloody well are. :up:

And you bloody well deserve it. In fact all the Ausie's that have suffered through the drought.
Drink in the moment. You've certainly stood vigil long enough!
Enjoy it for all it's worth, and more! :up:

ioan
13th July 2009, 13:22
The perfect image of graciousness here!!

Sorry I'm no ballerina, you should search somewhere else.

ArrowsFA1
13th July 2009, 13:58
Hard to believe it was 1981, and Las Vegas, when we saw the last Australian win :eek:

Ranger
13th July 2009, 14:00
We didn't even have our own national anthem then!

BeansBeansBeans
13th July 2009, 14:27
They should've played Down Under by Men At Work.

Jenson can you hear the thunder?
You'd better run, you'd better take cover.

Rollo
13th July 2009, 21:31
Now, its been proclaimed by the lord and saviours of Australian sport, Roy and HG, that this will be Mark Webber Month, in celebration of his wonderful achievement!

Oh dear, that means that everyone in Australia has to wear... Orange Pants :eek: , or Roy will personally dak everyone.

Valve Bounce
13th July 2009, 23:01
Sorry I'm no ballerina, you should search somewhere else.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Graciousness

Characterized by kindness and warm courtesy.

ioan
13th July 2009, 23:12
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Graciousness

Characterized by kindness and warm courtesy.

Why do you keep hijacking the thread that should be about congratulating Webber for his best ever performance?!

I really don't understand you Valve.

Valve Bounce
13th July 2009, 23:55
We didn't even have our own national anthem then!
Is it true that they played Happy Birthday to you at one of Alan Jones's wins?

Rollo
14th July 2009, 00:59
1977 Austrian GP when he drove for Shadow. They didn't have the Australian national anthem, so the story goes that a local played Happy Birthday on a trumpet.

When Pedro Rodríguez won the 1967 South African GP, they didn't have the Mexican national anthem and played the Mexican Hat Dance instead.

Valve Bounce
14th July 2009, 01:04
1977 Austrian GP when he drove for Shadow. They didn't have the Australian national anthem, so the story goes that a local played Happy Birthday on a trumpet.

When Pedro Rodríguez won the 1967 South African GP, they didn't have the Mexican national anthem and played the Mexican Hat Dance instead.

OMIGOD!! :rolleyes:

Tazio
14th July 2009, 01:42
OMIGOD!! :rolleyes:

Hey Valve I looked up "Gone Troppo"
I agree!
:rotflmao:

stevie_gerrard
14th July 2009, 11:28
Was brilliant throughout, and just accepted the penalty and got on with it. What a drive! :up:

jens
14th July 2009, 19:40
:up: :up: :) Brilliant, absolutely fantastic! And it's especially great that his first win didn't come as a result of others' misfortunes, but by truly dominant performance.

It's always great to see a talented driver, who has been struggling with unluck and uncompetitive cars for long, finally getting chance of a breakthrough and showing their real worth! All the best to Mark!

Garry Walker
15th July 2009, 16:06
Why do you keep hijacking the thread that should be about congratulating Webber for his best ever performance?!

I really don't understand you Valve.

Ditto.

Allyc85
15th July 2009, 17:58
Brilliant drive by Mark on sunday, even after the dodgy penalty :D

Pre-season I predicted that he would be slaughtered by Vettel but how wrong I was hes driven extremely well and been evry bit as good as him :)