PDA

View Full Version : Federer takes his 15th Grand Slam!

Mark in Oshawa
6th July 2009, 08:26
Ok...I am the first to admit I am not a tennis fan, but somehow I get roped into watching the Wimbledon final every year by my wife's cousin who is. The last two years, the drama of Federer losing to Nadal and him beating Roddick in a marathon had to be some of the best sporting television I have seen in ages.

Kudo's to the NBC crew for keeping it interesting for non tennis people like me without dumbing it down too much for the tennis fans as well. I don't know who broadcast it in Europe, but the American coverage was pretty damned good and added to the match.

I guess all I can say after watching Federer grind it out and beat Roddick in that last set marathon, and watching Tiger Woods win today as well, I feel like I am seeing two of the great athletes of the last 100 years in their sport in their prime. I feel fortunate....

pino
6th July 2009, 08:47
I agree, I am not a tennis fan either but my son was watching and his excitment before, and juring the match forced me to join him. Well that was one the most excited time I've spend in front of TV ever, and must thanks SkyItaly for the excellent coverage, and those 2 great players for the great show they gave us :up: Federer won but Roddick was just amazing :eek:

I feel fortunate too :D

race aficionado
6th July 2009, 17:08
I feel fortunate too :D

I don't miss any of Tiger's performances because why would I want to miss this amazing human being in action?

Tiger is an example of many wonderful human traits that are a pleasure to witness.

As for that top performance professional tennis?

I agree with you as well.

They rock.
:s mokin:

ShiftingGears
7th July 2009, 03:32
The Australian Open generally had much better matches but well done to Federer for this brilliant milestone!
I believe he is also going to reclaim the World #1 ranking with this effort - good on him!

stevie_gerrard
14th July 2009, 11:07
A brilliant performance from Roger, i watched a little bit of it while on holiday, and he was so resilient against an overperforming roddick. I hope there will be a few more to go yet, because the day he retires from tennis will be a very sad day indeed.