PDA

View Full Version : Aston Martin launch new supermini

Daniel
29th June 2009, 13:14
http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/Aston-Martin-Cygnet/241124/

"Aston insiders concede that adding the car to its range will have benefits for the company's average carbon dioxide emissions, but stress that this isn't the motivation for building the Cygnet."

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure :D

Jag_Warrior
29th June 2009, 16:03
Good find. Here's the part that jumped out at me:

The ground-breaking project, which has been under discussion for several months, began when Bez met Toyota’s Akio Toyoda, the newly appointed president of Toyota Motor Co and grandson of its founder, while the pair were racing at the Nurburgring 24-hour.

We get zero coverage of the Nurburgring 24 here. But it's interesting to know what sorts of deals come out of chance race meetings.

MrJan
29th June 2009, 17:30
Please tell me that it's a April Fools

Daniel
29th June 2009, 17:32
I'd love to say it is.....

MrJan
29th June 2009, 17:39
That thing is f**k ugly though, it better be one of those garden shed pipedreams that never comes to fruition because it would be a terrible shame to see an Aston Martin like that :(

Daniel
29th June 2009, 17:44
Well all supercar makers will have to do something similar if they want to lower their average CO2

steve_spackman
30th June 2009, 01:17
New 007 car!!!

rah
30th June 2009, 03:21
Well all supercar makers will have to do something similar if they want to lower their average CO2
I think Ferrari are making sure everyone knows they are part of Fiat.
Most supercar makers are part of a bigger group these days so they can claim the other brands make up for their CO2 impact. I guess if you look at it like that it makes sense to Aston. Shame though, I just can't imagine a 1.3L Aston.

BobbyC
1st July 2009, 12:04
Here in the US, President Obama seized General Motors and Chrysler in order to force automakers to make superminis and minis when neither automaker had a game plan that included them.

It is part of the President and his accomplices in Congress (for which my legislators cannot participate) are trying to do, claiming "save the earth".