PDA

View Full Version : Richmond track president unhappy with race

NickFalzone
29th June 2009, 02:41
http://www.indystar.com/article/20090628/SPORTS0107/90628011/1052/SPORTS01/IndyCar+drivers+apologize+for++awful+race+

FIAT1
29th June 2009, 17:29
This track is not for Indycars. Build fast Indycars with more hp and come to Road America where you belong.

Saint Devote
30th June 2009, 01:50
IndyCar IS the problem.

It is a series that has imploded - it is just not bankrupt.

Technology is something that does not exist. It is a specification series that sees the teams with the most money to waste winning and placing.

Exactly what is the point now?

I am not surprised if any of the promoters are unsatisfied.

And definitely it is a series, that any driver becomes part of, ends their career unless they ultimately join NASCAR.

The split back in 1995 was the end of a great series and it will never recover.

Anyone having watched the series from 1995 back can only look at today's pathetic show and commisserate before reaching for the off button.

garyshell
30th June 2009, 04:55
Anyone having watched the series from 1995 back can only look at today's pathetic show and commisserate before reaching for the off button.

And what is stopping you?

Gary

Mark in Oshawa
3rd July 2009, 20:18
And what is stopping you?

Gary

Gary, he probably has. Look at the ratings. How many more out there have looked, saw that it isn't 10% as good as the old CART races and turned it off.

I thought the reunification would help the sport, but seems the Dallara/Honda/Firestone spec formula is the millstone around the series neck.

They have to open up the rules and change the dynamic of this series and QUICKLY. I saw enough of Richmond to know that the track president is probably planning an Indy Car free sched. He doesn't want to have to wake the fans after races....

call_me_andrew
4th July 2009, 02:34
But if they open up the rules, all the races will be won by Penske, Ganassi, and AGR...

Jag_Warrior
4th July 2009, 04:25
But if they open up the rules, all the races will be won by Penske, Ganassi, and AGR...

And that would be different... how?

call_me_andrew
4th July 2009, 07:28
I was being sarcastic.

SarahFan
4th July 2009, 12:08

Well that would be 50% more than is winning right now....

Heck .... Factor in 4 cars and it's double

20 car grids.....that's means 40% of the drivers would be winning.......