PDA

View Full Version : Mind your Manors .

Bagwan
27th June 2009, 19:47
So , there are a few sites that are reporting that the teams are again a little upset about Donnelly , who recently was found to be lobbying the teams to break ranks and join the fold before the deadline .

It seems that he walked the pitlane with the new Manor exec , introducing him to the teams , having been asked to do so by a "senoir member of the paddock" . I can't imagine who that was .

He's said to be employed , although "pro bono" , by Manor .
Also employed is Nick Wirth , former associate of a "senior member of the paddock" while with SimTek in the '90s .

Whilst some of the sites are speculating that this is some form of "golden handshake" for a departing "senior member of the paddock" , I think it more likely that this is just a sign of how seriously desperate the situation really was in the end , before they pulled it together .

The threat of breakaway was real , and those new teams trying to make the deadline , may have seen the $50million fine for breaking ranks in FOTA as the sign that they would never be allowed in under Max's rule .
I don't think we've heard the last of this , as the teams that were allowed through the vetting must now get down to business and show the FIA to have been running that aspect with competence .

It appears to me , to show that some of those teams who actually did sign up , were on the verge of backing out of the game .
Manor seemingly came out of nowhere , and those who had real intentions , but second thoughts , were excluded .

Manor , rather than an "ace in the hole" was more an "ace up the sleeve" .

Sonic
27th June 2009, 21:46
Personally I would be staggered if Manor turn up with a car next year. It seems to me that they were pawns in mad max's plans and perhaps do not meet the strict vetting by the FIA. If this fact becomes clear quickly perhaps we will see Prodrive, Lola or Lotus on the grid next year but if not we may have only 24 cars on the grid.

UltimateDanGTR
28th June 2009, 09:03
Personally I would be staggered if Manor turn up with a car next year. It seems to me that they were pawns in mad max's plans and perhaps do not meet the strict vetting by the FIA. If this fact becomes clear quickly perhaps we will see Prodrive, Lola or Lotus on the grid next year but if not we may have only 24 cars on the grid.

well thats still alot better than 20, but the number should be something like 36 or something more nascar-ish. but oh no.............