PDA

View Full Version : What happend to Chris Atkinson?

Langdale Forest
27th June 2009, 17:06
What happend to Chris Atkinson?

I thought he was driving a C4 this year.

A.F.F.
27th June 2009, 17:20
He run out of money?

gloomyDAY
27th June 2009, 17:23
Back to being a stock broker?

MJW
27th June 2009, 18:18
Paul Turner (Atko's manager, and former manager of Markko Martin) was interviewed on rally radio today. He says they are trying to work something for Rally Australia and Rally GB, and 'come back' in 2010. He said Chris is on the right side of 30 and could have another 7 years in the wrc, and that's their aim. Perhaps another for the 2010 S2000 cup with an eye on 2011 with a manufacturer? Paul Turner says 'they want to do it right, and that costs a lot of money, and thats hard to come by these days'

Helstar
27th June 2009, 19:13
Another one who deserve to be in WRC is out at the moment :\ ... more manu more cars = Atko in ! (with PG, Gigi, Meeke and so on =)

Another wasted year the next one though :s bah

Langdale Forest
28th June 2009, 18:57
They should kick Matt Wilson out of the Stobart team an put Atkinson there instead.

driveace
28th June 2009, 20:09
If you were running your son in your 2nd team,would you replace him with some one else?.NO neither will Malcolm.
The number 2 car in the Abu Dhabi team might be available shortly,but that depends if JML redeems himself on NORF

MrJan
28th June 2009, 23:08
Turned out he was s**** and kept trashing cars :p : Seriously there are a lot of drivers out there that actually shouldn't be rated in the elite, in my mind Wilson. Duval and Atko are three who just can't cut the mustard (at least not without throwing consistency out the window). It's not a popular opinion but TBH I couldn't care less :D

Bazza2541
28th June 2009, 23:45
They should kick Matt Wilson out of the Stobart team an put Atkinson there instead.
Why? Wilson's seat is paid for, Atkinson doesn't have the money for it.

MJW
29th June 2009, 09:03
Turned out he was s**** and kept trashing cars :p : Seriously there are a lot of drivers out there that actually shouldn't be rated in the elite, in my mind Wilson. Duval and Atko are three who just can't cut the mustard (at least not without throwing consistency out the window). It's not a popular opinion but TBH I couldn't care less :D
If Chris would have had a car other than the 'mind of their own' in handling terms cars like the Subaru's since 05 you wouldnt have seen Chris crash so often. OK he had his moment in that Citroen, but when you have one shot at re-establishing yourself it doesnt do to take the Matt Wilson approach. Mistakes happen at speed.

serial jeff
1st July 2009, 00:28
If Chris would have had a car other than the 'mind of their own' in handling terms cars like the Subaru's since 05 you wouldnt have seen Chris crash so often. OK he had his moment in that Citroen, but when you have one shot at re-establishing yourself it doesnt do to take the Matt Wilson approach. Mistakes happen at speed.

Agreed. IMO Chris is likely the best non-factory WRC driver around, excluding Petter Solberg. Atko is clearly quicker than Henning, Gigi, PG, Duval, Wilson, etc.

edit: Dunno how he'd stack up against Ogier or Mikkelson, though, without seeing him in a good car.