PDA

View Full Version : WSBK - Round 9 of 14- Donington

Rod Richardson
26th June 2009, 23:32
Q1
WSBK _ Fabrizio still on fire during Q1 but expect a good showing from the Brits and Lavilla. I wouldn't mind a couple of yen on Camier for a place. The odds on Spies and Fabrizio in the dry would be too short and I expect Bayliss' lap record to go.

The big question is _ Can Haga be beaten for the championship with his current 48 point lead over the remaining 12 races ????? (average of 4 points per race required by Spies)

Supersport _ No surprises so far apart from Foret in 4th spot. For the down-under contingent, Aitchison, McCoy and West in 7.8.9 respectively and Pitty down in 12th (that's a pity).

Weather forecast doesn't look the best so we could see West shine.

tha_jackal
27th June 2009, 03:24
Weather forecast doesn't look the best so we could see West shine.

"Anthony West, 1'35.015s:
“The session went fine. We have made a big step forward with the set up, and might have found what the problem has been all year. I am happy with that, even though the position I am in at the moment is still not good. I feel like I can still go a lot faster now with what we just found, instead of feeling I am already at the limit. I hope our solution will work tomorrow, will either see if it does or not, we'll have to put it into practice. I am confident we can make a step forward."

Could shine regardless, seems to have found something ;)

Fingers crossed!

Roby44
28th June 2009, 05:38
I'm hoping Westy can get it together tonight....

tha_jackal
28th June 2009, 09:47
I'm hoping Westy can get it together tonight....

i have a feeling, just a little hunch that Ant will be battling towards the front tonight..

maybe not quite with Cal and Eugene, but perhaps with Lascosrz, Sofuoglu etc..

should be a cracker none the less..

NinjaMaster
28th June 2009, 14:27
i have a feeling, just a little hunch that Ant will be battling towards the front tonight..

maybe not quite with Cal and Eugene, but perhaps with Lascosrz, Sofuoglu etc..

should be a cracker none the less..

D'oh! :(

Corny
28th June 2009, 21:06
Haga seems to be out for long? That would give a boost for Spies' championship..

veeten
28th June 2009, 21:25
Haga 308

Spies 294

'... who's that knocking at the door, who's that knocking at the door...' ;)

Wim_Impreza
28th June 2009, 21:52
veeten, you are laughing with Haga's injuries? That is really not fair.

Spies is now flying to the championship. I don't see Fabrizio as a title contender and Haga is out for a long time.

What a bad weekend for me. After the bad results of the Suzuki's - my favourite team - and Neukirchner's injuries, now it is my second favourite driver in WSBK that has injuries. :(

The only good things this weekend for me are the victory for Siméon in FIM Cup 1000 and the good result for Veneman in WSS.

Rod Richardson
28th June 2009, 22:37
WSBK-

Runaway victories for Spies.....He's like a stampeding buffalo. Haslam/Stiggy proved excellent on the day as did the rest of the Brits. Hopkins effort in race 1 was the most surprising of the day.

Not a good day for Rae and disatrous for Haga who suffered a fractured shoulderblade and ulna ( looks like he's destined to be a bridesmaid again this year).

Supersport-

Is there no limit to Crutclow's talent? Top efforts by Lascorz and particularly by McCoy (The Sultan of Slide) who had the Trumph set up perfectly for his style of riding and won the drifting award for the day......... Spectacular to watch.

Excellent recovery by Laverty to get back into a reasonable point-scoring position. West was going well and judging by Vizziello's excellent 7th place finish, had he not bitten the dust on lap 6 ??, he would no doubt have finished in the top five.

29th June 2009, 02:37
[quote="Rod Richardson"]WSBK-
Not a good day for Rae and disatrous for Haga who suffered a fractured shoulderblade and ulna ( looks like he's destined to be a bridesmaid again this year).

Nori has 4 weeks to recover and what was thought to be fractures of the vertebra making a start a Brno very unlikely may actually be healed fractures from an earlier crash. With 5 rounds still to go he is still very much in contention to win the championship. He has to be starting from the front row every race though.

Good result for John Hopkins, looking forward to seeing him nearer the front when he is fitter and has made more progress recovering from his injuries.

Shinya Nakano's crash looked serious, does anyone have an update, I couldn't see if another rider was involved.

tha_jackal
29th June 2009, 02:52
D'oh! :(

would have been on for the podium if he didn't crash :(

sooo annoying, at least he seems to have sorted the stiggy bike's pace issues..