PDA

View Full Version : Is that what you want in NASCAR?

NickFalzone
26th June 2009, 21:59
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y8CcFGu_GQ&feature=channel_page

harvick#1
26th June 2009, 22:14
shes pathetic, I'll never jump over the wall until she would be a complete rest. but no one will have to worry, she wont qualify for the races anyway :laugh:

call_me_andrew
27th June 2009, 04:54
Well we've survived...
870lq1DGnfA
5tBT-_kH-8

cgs
27th June 2009, 14:42
and? it's happened loads of times from really experienced NASCAR drivers. Just one of the hazards of the job really.

The instant classic
27th June 2009, 22:45
you guys remember when Atwood slamed into Ricky Rudds pit crew at homestead 2001?

call_me_andrew
28th June 2009, 08:01
Yeah, I couldn't find video of that. I also found video of someone getting killed on pitroad by a spinning car, but I thought it would be too morbid to post here.

colinspooky
28th June 2009, 12:05
yeah, a little harsh to criticise her too much - was daft, but they how many times are simple mistakes made - Few vids above goes to show even the best make errors - no one said motor racing is completely safe. If she did it week in and week out, then maybe doing something wrong.

Lee Roy
28th June 2009, 19:48
I wouldn't worry too much if she came to NASCAR, she'd actually have to qualify for the race. Wouldn't see her at the track too much after Friday.

tstran17_88
2nd July 2009, 15:03
I don't think we'll ever see her in NASCAR (or at least until after she wins the Indy 500).

This is the little routine her PR people do when she wants to jump to a better ride in the IRL. Her number one goal is to win Indy. This NASCAR rumor was out there before when she was still with Rahal-Letterman and she ended up with AGR. Now she wants to go to Penske or Ganassi (the winning teams right now).

Mark in Oshawa
6th July 2009, 16:14
Whether Danica comes to NASCAR or not, I don't think she is any more likely to run over a crew guy than anyone else. Concrete pit stalls are slippery if they don't get rubber down in them.

Danica may be using NASCAR as a ploy...but if a front line cup ride came open she would take it. She would be an idiot not to. The real idiot though would be the Rick Hendrick or Jack Roush who gave her a Cup ride right out of the IRL. She wants to do NASCAR, let her do a year in Truck and Nationwide. Driving a COT aint easy to adapt to after that Dallara she has now. Just ask Hornish, who has actually won races and the Indy 500. Danica? doing ok...but she isn't no race winner. Just looks better in a Bikini than Sam Hornish....

harvick#1
6th July 2009, 16:31
where is Hendrick gonna make room, teams are limited to 4 cars next year and I can hardly see Hendrick giving up any driver (except for Jr. maybe :p : ). The Brand thinks she should be in top equipment right away but that isnt gonna make any difference, she may have bought herself a ride thats in the top 35 in points so she make the first 5 races, but after that she would not even qualify for the races. if her hissy fights were bad enough in the IRL, wait until she has to go to Martinsville and Bristol, every driver will run off the track as she'll be a moving chicane (much like every track if she does in)

colinspooky
10th July 2009, 11:59
Danica may be using NASCAR as a ploy

Do you think her people genuinely are using it as a ploy? I mean really talking to NASCAR teams about seeing if there could be a seat for her.

OR is this is purely a media perpetuated thing? You know, one reporter talks about, which makes other reporters talk about it so they appears not to be missing out, and finally you lose site of how it all started and forums buzz with the subject too.

Just wondering if anyone really honestly actually knows if genuine real conversations are actually taking place

e2mtt
10th July 2009, 21:59
Do you think her people genuinely are using it as a ploy? I mean really talking to NASCAR teams about seeing if there could be a seat for her.

OR is this is purely a media perpetuated thing? You know, one reporter talks about, which makes other reporters talk about it so they appears not to be missing out, and finally you lose site of how it all started and forums buzz with the subject too.

Just wondering if anyone really honestly actually knows if genuine real conversations are actually taking place

I think that 100% this is a ploy to get rehired with a better contract. Danica knows that she's not better then Dario or Hornish. She knows that making Cup would be tough. However, when its time to negotiate for a new contract, this is how you do it. You put feelers out, you get people talking, you get your agent talking.