PDA

View Full Version : Immigration Policies

Roamy
26th June 2009, 16:24
Ok what about your current laws don't you like and how would you change it? Well I think I would classify as a bit to the right on my views for immigration into the US.

1 I think it should be limited to females only under the age of 30 and under the weight of 138 lbs with a health certificate.

Current our laws are:
1. You must be a refugee to go to the head of the list
2. You cannot have a skill or past employment record.
3. You must have less that $100. US in the bank
4. You must not be caucasian
5. Any criminal offenses must be a felony opposed to a misdemeanor
6. Christians must go to the bottom of the list. Caucasian Christians are banned and will be prosecuted.
7. You must be in need of immediate medical attention.
8. You must have a immediate family of not less that 108 who can come for a visit within 60 days.

What say you?

Tazio
26th June 2009, 17:08
This is the stated policy of the U.S. Gov on Refugees

In seeking durable long-term solutions for most refugees, the United States gives priority to the safe, voluntary return of refugees to their homelands. This policy, recognized in the Refugee Act of 1980, is also the preference of the UNHCR and the international community of nations that supports refugees. If safe, voluntary repatriation is not feasible, other durable solutions are sought, including resettlement in countries of asylum within the region and in other regions. Resettlement in other countries, including the United States, is appropriate for refugees in urgent need of protection and for refugees for whom other durable solutions are inappropriate or unavailable.

The United States considers for admission as refugees persons of special humanitarian concern who can establish persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution in their home country on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion. The legal basis of the refugee admissions program is the Refugee Act of 1980, which embodies the American tradition of granting refuge to diverse groups suffering or fearing persecution. The act adopted the definition of "refugee" contained in the 1951 U.N. Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees and its 1967 Protocol.

Over the past decade, the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program has been adjusting its focus away from the large refugee admissions programs that had developed during the Cold War for nationals of Communist countries and toward more diverse refugee groups that require protection for a variety of reasons, including religious belief. The following describes the program's efforts, by region, in meeting the needs of refugees worldwide who have faced religious persecution

Africa

For the majority of countries in sub-Saharan Africa, religious freedom and peaceful coexistence are the rule, even where other conflicts hold sway. The primary exception to the rule is Sudan, where the long ongoing civil war has a religious dimension. Islam is the state religion and Muslims dominate the Government. The Government continues to restrict the activities of Christians, practitioners of traditional indigenous religions and other non-Muslims. Security forces reportedly harass and use violence against persons based on their religious beliefs. In areas controlled by the Government, access to education as well as other social services is far easier for Muslims than for Christians and non-Muslims. The Government has conducted or tolerated attacks on civilians, indiscriminate bombing raids, and slave raids in the south, all with a religious as well as an ethnic dimension.

The U.S. admissions program has in recent years increased its focus in Egypt, Ethiopia, and Kenya on these Sudanese victims of religious discrimination and repression. The refugee-processing program in Cairo was expanded in 1999 with Sudanese refugees as the primary beneficiaries. During FY 2001, some 3,600 young Sudanese refugees who were in camps in Kenya were resettled in the United States. This effort included some 500 unaccompanied minors who entered foster care programs in various states.

http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/irf/2001/5562.htm
Or we could just nuke 'em
Isn't that your usual suggested solution? :mark:

Roamy
26th June 2009, 17:39
Well actually Tazio you have to be careful with the "Nuke" word. Because if there is any appreciable real estate then you probably would want to use a neutron bomb as it will leave the real estate intact. Or you could just "Nuke" the entire INA.

gloomyDAY
26th June 2009, 17:56
Maybe you should tell the GOP to enforce the laws they claim will keep illegal immigrants out of the United States. Instead business owners, largely on the side of Republicans, decide to hire illegal immigrants to work in their shops, hotels, and restaurants. I think this subject has been largely avoided by both sides of the aisle and is causing a lot of tension and frustration.

I just find it so hypocritical that the GOP and their associates always find a way to vilify immigrants but somehow are powerless to do anything about the issue, even when King George was in power. You had your shot at restructuring the laws, but now Obama is in power and with a recession I don't think illegal immigration (or xenophobia in fousto's case) is at the top of the agenda.

Tazio
26th June 2009, 18:22
Well actually Tazio you have to be careful with the "Nuke" word. Because if there is any appreciable real estate then you probably would want to use a neutron bomb as it will leave the real estate intact. Or you could just "Nuke" the entire INA.I probably don't put as much thought into to it as you. However a Neutron Bomb is a Tactical Nuclear Weapon.
It fits quite nicely into the category generally referred to as “Nukes" ;)

BDunnell
26th June 2009, 18:51
The issue doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Garry Walker
28th June 2009, 15:17
Ok what about your current laws don't you like and how would you change it?

What would I change? I`d have every illegal immigrant shot.

jso1985
29th June 2009, 04:15
I'd make mandatory to have at least a college degree to ensure you're smart enough if you wanna run for president/congressman/city mayor/governor

gloomyDAY
29th June 2009, 04:20
What would I change? I`d have every illegal immigrant shot. :idea: ..... I know, genocide!

That always goes down well in history.

jso1985
29th June 2009, 04:27
you can always go Ahmeni...whatever style and deny it!

pure class!

Roamy
29th June 2009, 05:47
What would I change? I`d have every illegal immigrant shot.

immigrate here NOW we need more like you!!

gloomyDAY
2nd July 2009, 23:53
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-immigemploy2-2009jul02,0,7434438.story

The Obama administration has made tougher enforcement aimed at employers a cornerstone of its immigration policy. In April, the federal government issued new guidelines to immigration agents instructing them to focus on employers who hire illegal immigrants rather than just to arrest workers.

ioan
3rd July 2009, 11:08
immigrate here NOW we need more like you!!

You wanna shoot him or what?! :D

Roamy
3rd July 2009, 15:20
Well it looks like I may have to consider moving. This is just great!! Italy should consider withdrawal from the TIRE (EU)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8132084.stm

Garry Walker
9th July 2009, 14:26
Well it looks like I may have to consider moving. This is just great!! Italy should consider withdrawal from the TIRE (EU)

Great news

Tazio
9th July 2009, 16:56

I agree. There are legal channels for immigration to almost every country on the face of the earth.