PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson has died

BTCC2
25th June 2009, 23:10
Unconfirmed reports

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8119951.stm

GridGirl
25th June 2009, 23:20
News at 10 had no other details other than he was rushed to hospital. It's strange, the other half just text me from the pub asking me too look on the BBC website to see if he'd died. I thought he'd had one too many pints before I read the article you posted above.

I would hope it isn't true, although part of me would bit be suprised that such an odd man would die at a relatively young age.

Daniel
25th June 2009, 23:21
Doesn't sound good

Daniel
25th June 2009, 23:22
Looks like it might be true :(

BTCC2
25th June 2009, 23:22
Yeah news seems to be spreading around all the news sites and channels.

yodasarmpit
25th June 2009, 23:25
Yep, the tubes are full of the news.

BTCC2
25th June 2009, 23:28
Another story- http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Showbiz-News/Michael-Jackson-Dies-Of-Heart-Attack-After-Being-Rushed-To-Hospital-According-To-TMZ/Article/200906415319936?lpos=Showbiz_News_Carousel_Region_ 0&lid=ARTICLE_15319936_Michael_Jackson_Dies_Of_Heart _Attack_After_Being_Rushed_To_Hospital%2C_Accordin g_To_TMZ

BTCC2
25th June 2009, 23:30
Infact as i post that the headline of the story has changed and seems to confirm his death.

Mark in Oshawa
25th June 2009, 23:37
AP has confirmed it. They wouldn't run it if they didn't have confirmation.

Sad, but considering his health habits (not eating much and likely dabbling in prescription drugs) and his almost anoerxic weight, I suspect he was a lot older physically than his age would indicate.

Too sad in a sense, those kids will be without a father and that is never good, even if Dad was nuts....

GridGirl
25th June 2009, 23:40
News at 10 had no other details other than he was rushed to hospital. It's strange, the other half just text me from the pub asking me too look on the BBC website to see if he'd died. I thought he'd had one too many pints before I read the article you posted above.

I would hope it isn't true, although part of me would bit be suprised that such an odd man would die at a relatively young age.

BTCC2
25th June 2009, 23:41
I would suggest that mods contolled some comments on this subject very carefully as I think we all know the controversy around his private life, and at a time like this I think it is completely unecessary for anything about the subject to be said.

Daniel
25th June 2009, 23:43
Confirmed now. RIP Jacko

BTCC2
25th June 2009, 23:44
Updated story on BBC http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8119951.stm

BTCC2
25th June 2009, 23:45
Confirmed on BBC News 24

GridGirl
25th June 2009, 23:52
Sad news but I have to say I'm already somewhat interested in the truth that will probably all come out about his life now.

I know it sounds harsh but boy would I be miffed if I'd spent thousands on concert tickets for next month from eBay or the like.

christophulus
25th June 2009, 23:53
A shame to hear. Heard some people dismiss this as a publicity stunt earlier.. they look a bit daft now.

K-Pu
26th June 2009, 00:24
There were rumors of this since... I donīt know, some months ago when The Sun claimed he had skin cancer.

Now this does not matter.

Mark in Oshawa
26th June 2009, 00:49
I would suggest that mods contolled some comments on this subject very carefully as I think we all know the controversy around his private life, and at a time like this I think it is completely unecessary for anything about the subject to be said.

Global News here in Canada was already talking about the rumours of his prescription drug misuse.....I don't think I was talking too far out of turn.

Nothing about his life was ordinary or "normal" as you or I would see it.

BTCC2
26th June 2009, 01:28
Sorry Mark my comment was not intended as a direct response to your post. As you say I think we are all aware that his life was far from what any of us would call normal. I just thought it necessary to warn moderators that due to his contreversial lifestyle, they should watch that some uneceassary comments are deleted, as i'm sure we all feel that this tragic news is far more important at the present time.

markabilly
26th June 2009, 02:37
Sorry Mark my comment was not intended as a direct response to your post. As you say I think we are all aware that his life was far from what any of us would call normal. I just thought it necessary to warn moderators that due to his contreversial lifestyle, they should watch that some uneceassary comments are deleted, as i'm sure we all feel that this tragic news is far more important at the present time.

Yeah, I have one thing to say--good bye and good riddance,

I can hear it now, given his lifestyle and how he was raised, well it would make anyone crazy, nevertheless when some poor smuck with no money is a criminal and overdoses, no one cares, but when a celeb finally does himself in with what the LA times says was a shot of demerol, a celeb is not criminal and his passing "tragic news"

whatever

those who bought tickets now have expensive momentos

probably worth even more with this

steve_spackman
26th June 2009, 02:44
Funeral directors have announced that Michael Jackson's body will be melted down and made into toys so kids can play with him for a change!

steve_spackman
26th June 2009, 02:52
News just in...Funeral directors have announced that Michael Jackson's body will be melted down and made into toys so kids can play with him for a change!

Easy Drifter
26th June 2009, 03:01
Steve: I had no use for him but I think that comment was more than a little over the top. :(

steve_spackman
26th June 2009, 03:03
Steve: I had no use for him but I think that comment was more than a little over the top. :(

I know i just deleted it

race aficionado
26th June 2009, 03:32
Say what you may, think what you think,

but for me, Michael Jackson was an extremely talented performer, singer, dancer, a shinning star in our musical era and yes, a very troubled human being.

I will look back at his good ol' days and still move to the beat of so many of his greatest hits.

I thank him for that.

Rest in Peace Michael Jackson, you needed it.

peace,
:s mokin:

Valve Bounce
26th June 2009, 04:32

but for me, Michael Jackson was an extremely talented performer, singer, dancer, a shinning star in our musical era and yes, a very troubled human being.

I will look back at his good ol' days and still move to the beat of so many of his greatest hits.

I thank him for that.

peace,

Agreed. My exact sentiments. Loved his music.

harsha
26th June 2009, 04:43

I thank him for that.

peace,

my sentiments exactly

speechless at his death,a true ICON....have grown up listening to his songs

Easy Drifter
26th June 2009, 04:58
Mods: Would you please remove my post #20. It now serves no use and will confuse people. It also tends to identify whose post was removed.

Roamy
26th June 2009, 05:12

I thank him for that.

peace,

Young boys around the world will sleep better tonight. I feel real sad about Farah Fawcett. Now there was a lady with a lot of class!

bowler
26th June 2009, 05:25
A very confused talent gone.

The general view here is that two celebrities died today, one with grace and dignity (FF-M), and jacko.

A talent, but one who has lost respect over the last few years.

RIP FFM and Jacko

Les
26th June 2009, 06:14
a sad day.
Whatever you might think of him he was a legend. A real talent for writing music and making music videos.

A.F.F.
26th June 2009, 06:23
I can't believe he's dead. I thought Jacko never dies. I'm stunned.

big_sw2000
26th June 2009, 06:44
Can not belive what im reading on the thread from some people. What ever Jacko got up to in his private life, was not proven.
At the end of the day, one of the most talented performers, and song writers have died.
R.I.P Jacko

pino
26th June 2009, 06:55
What a very sad news, my kids have grown up with his music and because of that I've followed in love with his music eventhough I've a different taste. He was a great artist/singer/dancer and had never lost hope to hear a new album from him. A great lost indeed :(

R.I.P Michael

pino
26th June 2009, 07:01
Now a note to everyone if you want to talk about his private life (as usually as soon someone dies) :down: start a new thread and do it there. I am very serious about this and I am not going to ask again !

AAReagles
26th June 2009, 07:18
*post removed*

Moderator note : what part of my above post you don't understand ? I've asked to start another thread if you want to talk about Michael private life !

pino

big_sw2000
26th June 2009, 07:24
Now a note to everyone if you want to talk about his private life (as usually as soon someone dies) :down: start a new thread and do it there. I am very serious about this and I am not going to ask again !
Totally agree, this thread is for people who will miss a legend.

leopard
26th June 2009, 07:37
This is my first time reading this thread, I thought people said it jokingly refer to someone else whose name is the same as Michael. Can't believe it. Once MP3 technology was introduced I bought two plates that I keep it until today i.e compilation of Latin singer (Santana and Mark Anthony), and another one was greatest of Michael.

Sad news, Michael, you always alive in the heart of your listeners, may you have peace in heaven...

jim mcglinchey
26th June 2009, 07:52
Loved his early Jackson 5 and post J5 stuff, One Day in Your Life still brings a lump to my throat, but hated most of his later stuff Earth Song was the biggerst pile of self-aggrandising tosh ever. Sad.

Dave B
26th June 2009, 07:55
Jackson certainly had an... interesting life, but the one thing I'm sure almost everybody agrees on is that he'll leave behind a phenomenal body of work which anybody would be proud of.

As events unfolded last night I could scarcely believe it; I had to wake a friend who is a massive MJ fan and has tickets for the O2 next month, he was understandably shocked.

I gather that those who have bought tickets through official channels will have no problems getting a refund, but I can't bring myself to feel sorry for those who bought tickets simply with a view to profiteering on auction sites.

Anyway, Jacko achieved more in his 50 years than most do in a lifetime, and for that we should be thankful. His legacy will live on for decades to come.

CaptainRaiden
26th June 2009, 08:19
I seriously can't believe some of the people in this thread, and I wouldn't want to do any finger pointing at this sad and shocking morning for me. It's just surprising how low some can get, even at a time like this. Yeesh.

Whatever his personal life was, it was his goddamn business. And as Pino has said already, I don't think this thread is appropriate to bring that up at least while his die-hard fans are mourning the end of a legacy.

The world has truly lost a musical genius today. I have been a fan of his music right since my childhood, so it would be appropriate to say that I grew up with his music. So, this morning was a very, very sad shock to me. Well, I just hope he rests in peace wherever he is, at least away from this cruel world, which made his life a living hell the last couple of years, whatever he may have done, which anyway was never proven.

R.I.P Michael.

stevie_gerrard
26th June 2009, 10:09
Very sad news, was a brilliant entertainer and performer and was a true legend. It is obvious to see that his death has had a similar, although not as big, effect as the death of Elvis Presley, the outpour of grief and rememberance is sensational to see.

RIP Michael "The King of Pop" Jackson

AndyRAC
26th June 2009, 11:14
Sad news, however, as a Rock fan, I never understood the hype. After all, he wasn't a great Guitarist, Bassist or Drummer.

ShiftingGears
26th June 2009, 11:22
Sad news, however, as a Rock fan, I never understood the hype. After all, he wasn't a great Guitarist, Bassist or Drummer.

If you're a great musician, you don't need to be.

555-04Q2
26th June 2009, 11:24
HJ was a living legend...controversial...but a legend. R.I.P. MJ.

Dave B
26th June 2009, 12:00
After all, he wasn't a great Guitarist, Bassist or Drummer.
Irrespective of his instrumental ability he was, above all else, a phenomenal showman. That's just as much a talent as being able to sing the high notes in Barcelona or being able to bang out Stairway to Heaven with aplomb.

Dave B
26th June 2009, 12:01
HJ was a living legend...
He had a brother? :eek:

:p

CaptainRaiden
26th June 2009, 12:02

As a Rock fan myself, I don't understand your viewpoint. So, what if he wasn't a great guitarist, bassist or a drummer? He was one hell of a vocalist, maybe not in the same league as Freddie Mercury, but right up there. He would have been TREMENDOUS in a rock band, he had the vocal skills to back it up.

Do you mean to say vocal skills don't matter? So, Bon Scott wasn't, and Brian Johnson is not as important as Angus Young or James Hetfield is of much less importance to Metallica than Lars Ulrich is? I mean, hell, Freddie Mercury was the heart and soul of Queen.

bowler
26th June 2009, 23:52
Today I heard him described as a "tortured genius" which I think is a very good description

555-04Q2
27th June 2009, 08:29

The H button looks so similar to the M button on my keyboard :p :

Garry Walker
28th June 2009, 15:19
I am not even slightly sad for this.

driveace
28th June 2009, 19:47
I agree with you Pino!

Eki
28th June 2009, 21:35

Yes, Homer J Jackson.

AAReagles
3rd July 2009, 05:38
*post removed*

Moderator note : what part of my above post you don't understand ? I've asked to start another thread if you want to talk about Michael private life !

pino

And merely making the statement that he worse faults (WITHOUT going into detail mind you) than another celeb who died a year ago, was a TOS violation ?
... or did I merely step across unwritten politically correct boundries. :dozey:

AJP
3rd July 2009, 07:57
R.i.p

leopard
3rd July 2009, 08:18
The important thing is to avoid pointing out at the fault of persons already passed away. Agree, this discussion should be going only to the merits of personal life of Michael. :)