PDA

View Full Version : What is up with Scott Speed?

MDS
21st June 2009, 20:34
Just when you think he's starting to show some talent, along comes a road course, which by rights he should excel at being a former F-1 driver and all, and his teammate gets the pole and he misses the race.

This makes no sense. I'm starting to wonder if Red Bull is an 80-20 team because Allmendinger has show much better results at RPM and Scott Speed should have at least qualified for a road course.

e2mtt
21st June 2009, 22:30
Scott Speed is a fresh rookie. He is running his first year of Cup, last year he ran ARCA & a few truck races. It is tough to expect more then this, he almost surely the least experienced driver in every race he runs.

Qualifying for this race, he pulled a rookie mistake. He pushed really hard and was on pace for a top-10 or top-5 starting spot, then ran off-track on the 10th (of 11) turn and lost a lot of time. If he or his team had played it cooler, he would have had an easy midpack grid spot.

themo
22nd June 2009, 00:21
On lap 78 Scott Speed as the lead.

ms0362
23rd June 2009, 19:51
Kind of dissappointing. I would have thought he would be performing better. They rushed the program compared to the pace they said they were going to do.

NickFalzone
23rd June 2009, 19:53
Scott wasn't all that good in Formula 1, and he hasn't done all that well in NASCAR. Not sure why anyone would expect him to be running up front at Sonoma, particularly in a Joe Nemecheck car.

Lee Roy
23rd June 2009, 20:31
Scott wasn't all that good in Formula 1, and he hasn't done all that well in NASCAR. Not sure why anyone would expect him to be running up front at Sonoma, particularly in a Joe Nemecheck car.

I think that people would expect him to qualify for the race on his own. Especially since his teammate (with only one cup win in total to his credit) was on the pole.

Mark in Oshawa
24th June 2009, 06:34
I think that people would expect him to qualify for the race on his own. Especially since his teammate (with only one cup win in total to his credit) was on the pole.

He had more of a red mist going than he needed because Vickers was on pole and over did it 2 corners from the end. Apparnetly his intermediate times were plenty fast enough.

The other issue is, he may know road racing, but he still isn't really coming to grips from a COT Cup car. A f1 car it isn't......

youtellme
25th June 2009, 14:11
Is he any Kin to Lake Speed???

Mark in Oshawa
25th June 2009, 17:29
He is not a relation of Lake Speed. If he was, Lake wouldn't admit it either. Lake is a god fearing Christian, and Scott is a guy with an F bomb all set to go, painted toe nails and looks like he is the token white guy in a hip hop video....

woody2goody
27th June 2009, 01:48
He had more of a red mist going than he needed because Vickers was on pole and over did it 2 corners from the end. Apparnetly his intermediate times were plenty fast enough.

The other issue is, he may know road racing, but he still isn't really coming to grips from a COT Cup car. A f1 car it isn't......

That's one lap qualifying for you. Although yes, he should have come in the top 10 at least in quali.

Gotta love the effort by Vickers though, top job.

Decent race as well.

tstran17_88
2nd July 2009, 14:50
Lake is a god fearing Christian, and Scott is a guy with an F bomb all set to go, painted toe nails and looks like he is the token white guy in a hip hop video....I don't think this would be a good analogy of whether or not the two were related though. I often thought as Dale Sr & Jr as personality opposites.

Mark in Oshawa
3rd July 2009, 21:24
I don't think this would be a good analogy of whether or not the two were related though. I often thought as Dale Sr & Jr as personality opposites.

In the case of the Speed's, It would be. In the case of the Earnhardt's, the son and father are not completely unalike. Dale Jr. always has been a big fan of the history of the sport, and the code that the old school racers carried themselves by. Jr. also is a Chevy man, like his dad. Jr. and dad may not be the same in many appareances or talent (no one is Dale Sr....) but I think they share similar values, even if they approach their driving differently. I think Jr. in his driving style has tried to be more from the Jeff Burton/Mark Martin school at times (he still has used the chrome horn but it isn't like what his dad did).

As for Lake and Scott...well they have the same last name and they drive race cars....and they are NOT related..and I suspect that serious religious Lake Speed would be thanking the lord for THAT...

gloomyDAY
26th September 2009, 05:25
When is Scott "Not So Speedy" Speed going to get sacked?

colinspooky
26th September 2009, 13:20
This may help you understand

http://www.allleftturns.com/node?page=1

gloomyDAY
27th September 2009, 21:27
http://cdn.allleftturns.com/www/sites/default/files/articles/flowchart.jpg