PDA

View Full Version : Politics In The Formula One

cynisca
19th June 2009, 21:17
I want to watch the drivers’ battles about the world title and not to watch on TV about all the political decisions what the FIA makes. I want that the main thing is what the driver answer on the track and not what the FIA officials do off the track.

Damn, I want the good old times back. OK, I’m just 21 but I follow the Formula One since 1998 and that was real racing by the drivers. Always this political stuff is just crap, to be honest. Look at the IndyCar Series or NASCAR, there you can watch real racing and the drivers’ battles on the track and sometimes off the track. And in the Formula One?! There’s more politics than sports.

If the FOTA teams really introduce a new racing series, which could be the downfall of the Formula One. It has always been a great time to watch Formula One but not with all these political decisions.

Sonic
19th June 2009, 21:47
I agree with you, but numbers don't lie. The thread(s) regarding the FOTA/FIA split have more that 300 replies so far, so clearly the politics of F1 are integral to the show (and always have been). But they should not be centre stage ahead of the racing.

Big Ben
19th June 2009, 22:20
"All I Want Is a Warm Bed, a Kind Word and Unlimited Power"

Big Ben
19th June 2009, 22:23
I agree with you, but numbers don't lie. The thread(s) regarding the FOTA/FIA split have more that 300 replies so far, so clearly the politics of F1 are integral to the show (and always have been). But they should not be centre stage ahead of the racing.

There hasn´t been much racing going on so far if you ask me. I wonder if Bernie thought about how this season would have been from this point forward if his super terrific medal system had been adopted.

Sleeper
19th June 2009, 23:16
News flash for you mate, there's always been a lot of polotics!

cynisca
20th June 2009, 09:43
News flash for you mate, there's always been a lot of polotics!

Yeah, I know but so many politics in the Formula One doesn't exist in any other racing series.

race_director
20th June 2009, 09:48
Yeah, I know but so many politics in the Formula One doesn't exist in any other racing series.

agree with you, politics always follow money. there is no major money in any series than in f1

20th June 2009, 10:04
Damn, I want the good old times back.

You mean like the FISA/FOCA war? Or like the ongoing battle for safety from the drivers before that?

OK, I’m just 21 but I follow the Formula One since 1998 and that was real racing by the drivers.

The late 90's was a blip of peace in an otherwise fraught and continous political battlefield.

Look at the IndyCar Series or NASCAR, there you can watch real racing and the drivers’ battles on the track and sometimes off the track. And in the Formula One?! There’s more politics than sports.

Did you not notice the IRL/CART split? Have you not noticed the way NASCAR has taken control of race tracks to suit its own agenda?

There are plenty of politics in American racing.

cynisca
20th June 2009, 15:35
You mean like the FISA/FOCA war? Or like the ongoing battle for safety from the drivers before that?

The late 90's was a blip of peace in an otherwise fraught and continous political battlefield.

In Formula One's history was some political debates. I think the FISA/FOCA war was more terrible than the other ones. The main wars was the FISA/FOCA war and has been the FIA/FOTA war today, in my opionon.

Did you not notice the IRL/CART split? Have you not noticed the way NASCAR has taken control of race tracks to suit its own agenda?

There are plenty of politics in American racing.

Yeah, OK, but apart from the IRL/CART split. There's more sports than politics. In the Formula One, there's the other way round.

VkmSpouge
20th June 2009, 22:10
Politics in F1 has always been around and is pretty much the bane of it's existence, everytime there is some great racing the politics seem to over shadow it. Unfortunately if you love F1 then you have accept the politics.

N. Jones
21st June 2009, 02:04
It's all about money and power. Those who are fighting for it don't really care about us the fans. They just want as much of the above two as they can get.

wmcot
21st June 2009, 08:40
Politics in F1 has always been around and is pretty much the bane of it's existence, everytime there is some great racing the politics seem to over shadow it. Unfortunately if you love F1 then you have accept the politics.

Yep. That's why F1 is such a great deal - you get two for the price of one!