PDA

View Full Version : Lady Ga Ga

Robinho
19th June 2009, 13:28
god i hate Lady Ga Ga, i know hate is a strong word, but everything about her makes me physically angry - please tell me its not just me, i just don't get it.

her music is appalling, she's got all the personality of a dead ferret, and seems to be one of those people who thinks just by wearing something a bit outrageous it makes her interesting - if people stopped looking at her she'd just disappear.

stick her in a room with Katona, Jordan and J Lo and lock the doors, feed them nothing but cream cakes and then see how the world loves them when they're pasty and fat - talentless wastes of skin, get off my radio, my telly, my papers and come back when you've actually got something useful to contribute.

Brown, Jon Brow
19th June 2009, 13:48
can't read mine can't read mine can't read mine

no he can't read my pokerface

I'm afraid i am guilty of dancing to Lady Gaga :(

Sleeper
19th June 2009, 14:49
can't read mine can't read mine can't read mine

no he can't read my pokerface

I'm afraid i am guilty of dancing to Lady Gaga :(
Thats quite funny comeing from someone who says the rest of us has poor taste in music! :p

Mark
19th June 2009, 14:55
You're entirely right, especially since I can't get poker face out of my head :p

Fred Basset
19th June 2009, 15:47
god i hate Lady Ga Ga, i know hate is a strong word, but everything about her makes me physically angry - please tell me its not just me, i just don't get it.

her music is appalling, she's got all the personality of a dead ferret, and seems to be one of those people who thinks just by wearing something a bit outrageous it makes her interesting - if people stopped looking at her she'd just disappear.

stick her in a room with Katona, Jordan and J Lo and lock the doors, feed them nothing but cream cakes and then see how the world loves them when they're pasty and fat - talentless wastes of skin, get off my radio, my telly, my papers and come back when you've actually got something useful to contribute.

"Hate" = Jealousy.... so sad :dog:

Jag_Warrior
19th June 2009, 16:04
X: Sir, we have a lock on the location. Both targets within.

Y: Roger that. Fire missle.

http://www.newcelebrityphotos.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/lady-gaga-paris-hilton1.jpg

Wade91
19th June 2009, 16:12
i like Lady Gaga

Avril Lavigne is my favorite music artist though :D

BobbyC
19th June 2009, 16:54
Lady GaGa?

Can't stand it. Thought the song needed Mike Sexton and Vince Van Patten, but now I've learned it's FAR worse . . . Miss Germanotta needs to be called to the Oval Office for consultation.

My take:
http://hadleyblog.blogspot.com/2009/05/what-in-world-now.html

Drew
19th June 2009, 21:31
Po-po-po-poke her face, po-po-po-poke her face!

anthonyvop
19th June 2009, 22:59
i like Lady Gaga

Just go away and u won't get hurt.

Mark in Oshawa
20th June 2009, 07:30
All I know I liked the version the late David Poole did on NASCAR Sirius 128 for his "dramatic read". When you hear THAT man do THAT song in his "dramatic read", you end up giggling like.....well we wont go there.

Wade....Avril is almost a local girl to me. Her hub played the clubs around here on the way up and she grew up in my mom's home town an hour east of here.....and you know what? Neither of em come back for squat. She can stay out...lol....

markabilly
20th June 2009, 12:37
X: Sir, we have a lock on the location. Both targets within.

Y: Roger that. Fire missle.

http://www.newcelebrityphotos.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/lady-gaga-paris-hilton1.jpg

Oh baby that is what I like, ....wiggle in their walk, no brains in their head...make the world go round........

Tazio
20th June 2009, 20:21
Po-po-po-poke her face, po-po-po-poke her face!
I'd like to teach her how to chirp in the key of yodel :s mokin:

Jag_Warrior
20th June 2009, 23:25
Suddenly, I've regained an appreciation for Amy Winehouse. She's nasty and filthy, but at least she has actual talent and can sing.

Wade91
20th June 2009, 23:44
i think Lady Gaga is alot better tham Amy Winehouse :s

Wade91
20th June 2009, 23:48
All I know I liked the version the late David Poole did on NASCAR Sirius 128 for his "dramatic read". When you hear THAT man do THAT song in his "dramatic read", you end up giggling like.....well we wont go there.

Wade....Avril is almost a local girl to me. Her hub played the clubs around here on the way up and she grew up in my mom's home town an hour east of here.....and you know what? Neither of em come back for squat. She can stay out...lol....
lol what? Avril has done concerts in toronto, (one of which last year she did a song with Deyrick on stage and she was up there in toronto recently to though out the first pitch at the toronto blue jays game,

infact her concerts in toronto have probably been her best selling shows, i saw her concert in Atlanta last year, (the best day of my life! :D )

Tazio
21st June 2009, 01:14
i think Lady Gaga is alot better tham Amy Winehouse :s and I think a Yugo is better than an Ass-Drawn-Cart. :)

markabilly
21st June 2009, 01:22
and I think a Yugo is better than an Ass-Drawn-Cart. :)

Not so sure about that
donKey is much faster than a yugo, at least that is what his wife tells me... :s mokin:

ShiftingGears
21st June 2009, 05:48
Never heard any of her music, as far as I'm aware. Generally I try to avoid the radio.

F1boat
21st June 2009, 11:10

Avril rocks...

jim mcglinchey
21st June 2009, 11:35
Always reminds me of a terrible joke in Frank Skinners' Shane, when discussing a date .

Shane "I didnt say much at all"
Shanes mate "Pokerface?"
Shane "...I might do."

Tazio
22nd June 2009, 04:49
Always reminds me of a terrible joke in Frank Skinners' Shane, when discussing a date .

Shane "I didnt say much at all"
Shanes mate "Pokerface?"
Shane "...I might do."
I'd like to bust a crate of eggs in her face :s mokin:

Bezza
22nd June 2009, 08:07

This isn't fair at all. Its not my type of music but I have huge respect for her - she writes her own songs, performs them excellently, they are catchy, she looks great, and she is fairly down to earth from the interviews I've seen.

Compare that to other pop stars like Britney "hello London" Spears !

You can't compare her with publicity-seekers like Katona and Jordan. They are abominations of society.

stevie_gerrard
22nd June 2009, 10:07
I actually think shes quite good, certainly would rather listen to her than most other rubbish thats in the charts these days.

52Paddy
23rd June 2009, 08:49
I do get peeved off every time this song comes on the radio, but I guess she has quite a big following too. Any disco or nightclub I've been to recently has Pokerface playing at some point during the night, and a lot of people love it. Myself, I have a wide taste in music. But Lady GaGa is certainly not on my favourites list. :down:

GridGirl
23rd June 2009, 08:55
I dont quite understand why she feels the need to go out in public wearing her fat pants on the outside rather than under her clothes. :s Spanx and the like must love all her free advertising.

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd June 2009, 11:32
Thats quite funny comeing from someone who says the rest of us has poor taste in music! :p

I have a broad taste okay! My CD player is the only one in the world that played a Kanye West CD followed by a Chopin CD

Wade91
24th June 2009, 01:48
Avril rocks...
yep :D

Langdale Forest
7th February 2010, 16:49
Lady Gaga's songs are getting worse and worse, to the point when I sometimes turn the radio off! :mad:

Eki
7th February 2010, 17:57
and I think a Yugo is better than an Ass-Drawn-Cart. :)
That's like comparing an apple to an orange.

schmenke
8th February 2010, 15:43
Lady Ga-ga... I've heard of her, but don't think I've ever heard her music.

I avoid commercial radio by subscribing to satellite radio, although that is now even more expensive with the stupid Canadian government "royalty taxes" :mad:

Mark in Oshawa
10th February 2010, 16:40
Lady Ga-ga... I've heard of her, but don't think I've ever heard her music.

I avoid commercial radio by subscribing to satellite radio, although that is now even more expensive with the stupid Canadian government "royalty taxes" :mad:

Satellite radio kept my brain alive out on the road, but I listened to all the talk channels actually...lol

Personally, I haven't liked any release of new music since Metallica's "Enter Sandman" and a few Nickelback tracks....for the most part most modern stuff is crap. AS for Kanye West, I wouldn't pour water in his ear if his head was on fire....biggest buffoon going.

The only genre of music that seems to not tolerate a lack of talent is country...say what you want about the likes of Carrie Underwood, but she has a voice and can sing. Pop music is littered with performance artists who you can strip down to the music and discover lousy lyrics and no true quality of voice.

schmenke
10th February 2010, 17:38
... Nickelback ...

:s

Typically playing on my iPod these days:
Hey Rosetta!
The Weakerthans
Sam Roberts
Mother Mother
Metric
Arkells

All are talented Canadian bands that get a surprisingly large amount of airplay on XM and Sirius satellite :)

Mark in Oshawa
10th February 2010, 17:56
:s

Typically playing on my iPod these days:
Hey Rosetta!
The Weakerthans
Sam Roberts
Mother Mother
Metric
Arkells

All are talented Canadian bands that get a surprisingly large amount of airplay on XM and Sirius satellite :)

You listen to Iceberg? That is the Canadian indie station on there...

I don't mind Sam Roberts....but my background and tastes as a teen were prog rock and classic rock, so much of the new stuff just is stuff I listen to if I hear it, but I don't search out.

It doesn't help that I live with a "Idol" fan who is usually into some of that pop as well, but when she isnt' listening to that, our tastes are Bob Seger, the Guess Who and the like....

Brown, Jon Brow
10th February 2010, 21:24
............Nickelback..............

:erm:

Metric

:up:

Metric are a great band, but sadly I can't listen to them because they remind me too much of my first love :\ Help I'm Alive is a great song.

my background and tastes as a teen were prog rock and classic rock.

:D
G_sBOsh-vyI

wedge
11th February 2010, 00:41

I'll probably be banned/censored for this but it should be the misogyny room

:arrows:

:blackeye: