PDA

View Full Version : RGM has two cars entered at Infineon

Sparky1329
18th June 2009, 18:10
Robby will drive the #7 and PJ Jones is a PE entry in #204. Here's Robby's unique paint scheme. Jim Beam on the right side in red and Menards on the left in green. Maybe PJ will run an opposite scheme of this one. :D GAS ON!!!

http://www.boomspeed.com/rockysmom/2009InfineonPaintScheme.jpg

muggle not
18th June 2009, 23:29
Robby will drive the #7 and PJ Jones is a PE entry in #204. Here's Robby's unique paint scheme. Jim Beam on the right side in red and Menards on the left in green. Maybe PJ will run an opposite scheme of this one. :D GAS ON!!!

http://www.boomspeed.com/rockysmom/2009InfineonPaintScheme.jpg
Hey, that looks great. Nice idea. I would lay 2 to 1 that PJ's car will be the opposite.

Sparky1329
19th June 2009, 01:53
I think you're probably right. That sounds like something Robby would do.

Mark in Oshawa
19th June 2009, 03:32
Kudo's to Robby Gordon for putting PJ in a car.

Jonesi
19th June 2009, 09:27
Kudo's to Robby Gordon for putting PJ in a car.

I'm sure it's a Thank You for filling in while Robby runs Dakar & Baja. But knowing Robby, somewhere in the back of his mind is probably the thought: "If I wreck my car in the race, there's another race car I can get into! :p

MDS
19th June 2009, 16:13
He's done this before, either in 2007 or 2008 he put PJ in a car and it never made it qualifying.

Would be great if he could do it and start to build up support for a second car though.

Sparky1329
19th June 2009, 17:40
He needs to work on the consistency with the #7 car before he starts messing around with a second car effort. For the past few races team performance has been pretty decent.

From what he says RGM is in good shape with race-ready cars in his inventory. PJ's #4 car will not be racing for points since it's a late entry. That tells me Rob had a race-ready car available so he made a 7th hour decision to enter it with PJ behind the wheel. It's a win-win situation.

MDS
20th June 2009, 03:06
Well, for the first time in history Robby Gordon has entered two cars in one race. They both qualified but I wonder if it didn't hurt Robby's qualifying effort, supposedly he's got a rocketship. but coming in 22nd, not exactly space-shuttle like

Sparky1329
20th June 2009, 03:52
As Robby said in an interview earlier, everyone in the garage has stepped up their road course programs. Qualifying times were so close through the first 3/4 of the field one little slip-up cost a few spots in the lineup. Robby will be fine. He always is.

GAS ON!