PDA

View Full Version : NY man does a Norman Bates to collect his dead mom's Social Security

Jag_Warrior
18th June 2009, 16:42
For once, I'm at a loss for words... :confused:

NEW YORK (AP) — Irene Prusik has been dead for six years. But in April, someone showed up at the Department of Motor Vehicles in Brooklyn to renew her driver's license. The explanation given by prosecutors rivals the Hitchcock classic "Psycho": It was her son, in drag.

Thomas Parkin, 49, was charged Wednesday in the bizarre plot to impersonate his deceased mother so he could collect $117,000 in government benefits. He and the man accused of being his accomplice, Mhilton Rimolo, pleaded not guilty to grand larceny, criminal impersonation and other charges.

Both men were ordered held on $1 million bail. Their lawyers did not immediately respond to phone messages left on Wednesday.

District Attorney Charles Hynes said the scam was "unparalleled in its scope and brazenness."
Authorities claim that following his arrest, Parkin told them that because he held Prusik when she breathed her last breath, "I am my mother." <cue up theme from Psycho>

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ic9PLyUmEmOoggbC4b8ZYKiYor4AD98SMNRO2

harvick#1
18th June 2009, 16:59
desperate times calls for desperate measure :mark:

that is just wrong

Tazio
18th June 2009, 17:07
Why does this not surprise me? :)