02 BRANDON ASH
08 BORIS SAID
09 RON FELLOWS
27 TOM HUBERT
36 BRIAN SIMO
37 TONY AVE

Sparky1329
16th June 2009, 20:43
I love road course races. I wish there were at least two more on the schedule. It's what separates the men from the boys. :D

Jonesi
20th June 2009, 02:35
Starting Grid
83 BRIAN VICKERS
18 KYLE BUSCH
47 MARCOS AMBROSE
14 TONY STEWART
9 KASEY KAHNE
1 MARTIN TRUEX JR
39 RYAN NEWMAN
19 ELLIOTT SADLER
08 BORIS SAID
17 MATT KENSETH
--
48 JIMMIE JOHNSON
20 JOEY L0GANO
24 JEFF GORDON
5 MARK MARTIN
16 GREG BIFFLE
29 KEVIN HARVICK
42 JUAN P MONTOYA
77 SAM HORNISH JR
66 DAVE BLANEY
44 AJ ALLMENDINGER
--
07 CASEY MEARS
7 ROBBY GORDON
26 JAMIE McMURRAY
11 DENNY HAMLIN
96 BOBBY LABONTE
33 CLINT BOWYER
2 KURT BUSCH
43 REED SORENSON
09 RON FELLOWS
98 PAUL MENARD
--
87 JOE NEMECHEK
71 DAVID GILLILAND
13 MAX PAPIS
99 CARL EDWARDS
88 DALE EARNHARDT JR
31 JEFF BURTON
04 P. J. JONES
55 PATRICK CARPENTIER
12 DAVID STREMME
6 DAVID RAGAN
--
34 JOHN ANDRETTI
00 DAVID REUTIMANN
02 BRANDON ASH

DNQ:
82 SCOTT SPEED
27 TOM HUBERT
36 BRIAN SIMO
37 CHRIS COOK

e2mtt
20th June 2009, 03:06
I love road course races. I wish there were at least two more on the schedule. It's what separates the men from the boys. :D

agree

DanicaFan
20th June 2009, 18:36
I dont like NASCAR on road courses. Its not exciting to watch.

Also, Joe Nemechek is putting Scott Speed in his car for this race.

NoahsGirl
20th June 2009, 19:15
I love NASCAR on road courses, purely because they are so unsuitable!

Mark in Oshawa
20th June 2009, 21:13
I dont like NASCAR on road courses. Its not exciting to watch.

Also, Joe Nemechek is putting Scott Speed in his car for this race.

DanicaFan, if you cant watch the pushing and shoving of NASCAR boys on a road course and not find it exciting, it might explain a lot.

Nemechek is putting Speed in the car because Toyota and Red Bull are paying him to. Speed screwed up trying too hard to get that car up the grid when a nice safe fast 90% lap would have put him in the field. Instead, he got the red mist because Vickers was on pole in the same team car....

willracefan
22nd June 2009, 02:22
it seems that almost every driver in nascar that wins is someone that you dont like, is immature, is from another country and thinks he's all that(insert punkoya), or one who has won too much. there isnt a true driver but a select few to root for and they barely win.

i really am depressed with this race season and just want it to end. i dont even feel like checking up on the pickems right now or even my own contest.

harvick#1
22nd June 2009, 02:29
great drive by Kahne he outraced the big boys who are suppose to be upfront and win.

off topic, but someone in Nascar needs to have Boris Said's racing license. hes become such a huge joke and wrecks everyone, he had to have been involved in about 15 incidents today.

I'm not a fan of Sonoma because its more than a demo derby than a race, maybe if they went back to the sports car course, the racing would be better. I'm a huge fan of road racing, but this is a bad track unless they use the correct version of the track.

DanicaFan
22nd June 2009, 05:13
DanicaFan, if you cant watch the pushing and shoving of NASCAR boys on a road course and not find it exciting, it might explain a lot.

Nemechek is putting Speed in the car because Toyota and Red Bull are paying him to. Speed screwed up trying too hard to get that car up the grid when a nice safe fast 90% lap would have put him in the field. Instead, he got the red mist because Vickers was on pole in the same team car....

Think what you want but watching NASCAR on a road course most of the time is like watching a parade with lots of turns.

Sparky1329
22nd June 2009, 05:27
great drive by Kahne he outraced the big boys who are suppose to be upfront and win.

off topic, but someone in Nascar needs to have Boris Said's racing license. hes become such a huge joke and wrecks everyone, he had to have been involved in about 15 incidents today.

I'm not a fan of Sonoma because its more than a demo derby than a race, maybe if they went back to the sports car course, the racing would be better. I'm a huge fan of road racing, but this is a bad track unless they use the correct version of the track.

I liked the old configuration too, harv. There were more opportunities to pass and it was more interesting IMO.

I like Boris but he was a menace out there today. Anyway, congrats to Kasey and the #9 team!

harvick#1
22nd June 2009, 05:53
Think what you want but watching NASCAR on a road course most of the time is like watching a parade with lots of turns.

and the IRL right now isn't :laugh: last I saw, there was alot more passing in this race than every race the IRL has held at Sonoma

Oli_M
22nd June 2009, 10:27
Thought the race was pretty good, quite a lot of genuine passing.

I thought with 10 to go and JPM sitting 3rd he was gonna take the win, can't believe he dropped back to ?6th. Ambrose had a great run and strategy to come from the back to third, but again was surprised on the last few restarts he wasn't able to run closer to the 9 and 14. Shame for Kyle and Brian, throughout thought they were on the right strategy and had a shot at the win until the accident that involved them both.

As to the number of crashes - I was shocked at the number of blatant 'take outs' that happened. Why didn't NASCAR penalize the drivers? If you spin someone out, you drop behind them when they get restarted. Enforcing that a few times would make everyone drive a bit tidier and greatly improve the racing.

All that said, well done to the 9 crew and the 14 team for great driving particularly at the end. Good fun to watch!

wedge
22nd June 2009, 11:39

I think IRL can be just as worse. No one does anything because of fuel conservation so they wait for the round of stops to play out. But at least NASCAR makes up for its parades with some bumping and banging.

Anyway I like both series.

As to the number of crashes - I was shocked at the number of blatant 'take outs' that happened. Why didn't NASCAR penalize the drivers? If you spin someone out, you drop behind them when they get restarted. Enforcing that a few times would make everyone drive a bit tidier and greatly improve the racing.

Agreed.

Great drive from Ambrose. Being out-muscled by Smoke and JPM going backwards in the final laps just shows NASCAR has quality road racers :up:

e2mtt
22nd June 2009, 13:06

It seemed like the majority of these "blatant" takeouts were done by Boris Said. He may be super skilled at sports cars, but he was driving into the corners WAY too fast all day, then pinballing off other cars to make the corner.

Lee Roy
22nd June 2009, 14:08
I think IRL can be just as worse.

The IRL is a joke.

Sparky1329
22nd June 2009, 14:47

Don't like it? Don't watch it.

Lee Roy
22nd June 2009, 14:50
Don't like it? Don't watch it.

Yep.

Although, if he's a fan of Danica, he'll probably be watching NASCAR next year . . . . . but probably just the qualifying.

muggle not
22nd June 2009, 17:38
Yep.

Although, if he's a fan of Danica, he'll probably be watching NASCAR next year . . . . . but probably just the qualifying.
More likely ARCA. But on the other hand, Nationwide sometimes has "field fillers". ;)

Sparky1329
22nd June 2009, 18:12
More likely ARCA. But on the other hand, Nationwide sometimes has "field fillers". ;)

There was some discussion about Danica by the TV talking heads over the weekend. The consensus seemed to be that she'd have to pay her dues and start in ARCA or the NNS series.