PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Old Clip - #11/7/#11

BobbyC
15th June 2009, 04:29
A clip of Sandi Patty, the gospel singer, winning her 11th consecutive Female Vocalist of the Year in 1992 came to my attention recently.

There's something ironic in the presenters. Seven years later, the same duo opened another envelope, for Song of the Year, only to learn a dead man had won it.

But in this case in 1992, something had me thinking "7-Eleven".

Sandi wins #11, and how do get the numbers 7 and 11 together in the presenters? Hint: 7 in 11 . . .

Mark in Oshawa
19th June 2009, 01:35
Bobby....I am flummoxed why Darrell Waltrip would be a presenter at a Gospel Music awards show. That a clue?

BobbyC
19th June 2009, 05:31
Think:

Sandi Patty won her 11th consecutive Female Vocalist of the Year award in 1992.

What did Jaws do that meant "7/11"? You'll have to go to the mountains of East Tennessee to think about it.

Mark in Oshawa
20th June 2009, 07:34
Bobby..I avoid East Tennessee....lol...

BobbyC
1st July 2009, 12:02
Here's the answer:

Darrell won his 7th consecutive Cup race at Bristol Motor Speedway in the spring of 1984 in car #11.

Sandi won her 11th consecutive Dove Award for Female Vocalist of the Year in 1992, and the pair of Kathy Troccoli and Darrell Waltrip presented the award. Darrell was the one who was the "trophy king" in this case in giving Sandi the trophy!

Now we see the 11/7/11 correlation! Sandi won her 11th consecutive Dove for Female Vocalist of the Year, and handing her the Dove is a man who won 7 consecutive at Bristol in car #11.

When the Kathy and Darrell Show reconvened seven years later at another Dove Awards show, it was the pair who presented Rich Mullins, who died in September 1997, along with writing partner Mitch McVicker (http://www.mitchmcvicker.com), who was injured in the same crash when the 42-year old Mr. Mullins and his protege Mr. McVicker were thrown from a Jeep. Neither wore a seat belt, which led the irony that a professional race car driver presented the award to a man whose writing partner died from being thrown from a jeep for not wearing a seat belt.