PDA

View Full Version : flat pack furniture

Sonic
12th June 2009, 17:05
Elect me as supreem overlord and I shall have any flat pack furniture thrown into a firey pit!

I'm bleeding actual blood here.

Hondo
12th June 2009, 20:16
Flat pack furniture?

bowler
12th June 2009, 21:27
stuff you buy in a box, and have to assemble when you get home.
Always there is something missing, like a crucial instruction, or the last screw, or if everything is there, then one of the parts gets stolen by the cat. Fingers get damaged, and competent grown men are reduced to tears as they fail to read the instructions properly.

christophulus
12th June 2009, 21:30
Hmm, I actually enjoy building flat pack furniture...

...guess I'll go ahead and leave now? :p

themo
12th June 2009, 23:49
I Also don't mind building flat pack furniture

Rollo
13th June 2009, 03:18
I don't mind building flat pack furniture but the downside is that you have too look at the stuff afterwards. I want furniture with fineals and flurries not stark curva-linear stuff that reminds me of the dismal side of the Iron Curtain.

Then there's always that annoying problem that there aren't any windows in... that store, so you spend hours walking around for no good reason, only to forget the difference between a Kleg, a Gnoor or a Malmw.

Sonic
13th June 2009, 09:39
I Also don't mind building flat pack furniture

Jog on! :p

Ikea is the devil on earth.

Mark
15th June 2009, 08:35
It usually takes me about 20 minutes of brain CPU time before I figure out what to do, then I'm away :p

The main problem is that I'm often left doing it on my own, which as many will know is nigh on impossible with some things where you have to hold up two panels straight in order to insert the inbetweeny bit.

My best one was putting our bed together, trying to hold up the top and bottom at the same time as putting in the middle bit, fun :p .

Mark in Oshawa
19th June 2009, 01:34
I don't mind making the stuff if the Wife isn't there to "help" me.

She isn't a big IKEA fan tho.....so we are immune from this curse...