PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Benson - out of a job

Sparky1329
8th June 2009, 18:24
:( One more team bites the dust.

http://www.thatsracin.com/140/story/11379.html

Defending Truck Series champion Johnny Benson is without a ride because Red Horse Racing has folded its team after a fruitless sponsorship search.

Benson is in the first year of a three-year contract with Red Horse. He is coming off a fourth-place finish at Texas Motor Speedway over the weekend, and is currently seventh in the series standings.

Benson joined Red Horse in December, just weeks after winning the series championship driving for Bill Davis Racing.

Benson says he doubts he can line up a ride in time for Saturday's race at Michigan International Speedway.

RaceFanStan
9th June 2009, 01:19
If Kevin Harvick is smart, he will shake the dust off his 2nd truck & put Benson in it ...
the defending Truck Series Champion should be racing in a good truck ...
not sitting out because a struggling team folds leaving him looking ...
Kevin Harvick Inc should be able to get a sponsor & hire some out of work team members.

Sparky1329
9th June 2009, 02:54
That's a grea idea, Stan. It's a shame that someone with Johnny's talent has no ride.

harvick#1
9th June 2009, 03:54
If Kevin Harvick is smart, he will shake the dust off his 2nd truck & put Benson in it ...
Kevin Harvick Inc should be able to get a sponsor & hire some out of work team members.

you mean the 3rd truck, he has the 33 and 4 running the full season, with the 2 running on a rare occasion

Wade91
9th June 2009, 18:26
yeah, Johnny could do a bit better in really good equipmeant, like the 3rd KHI truck

caltrack616
10th June 2009, 11:14
Too bad for Benson. I've always been a fan of his. Putting him in Harvick's truck would be a great idea.

Mark in Oshawa
11th June 2009, 21:06

One small problem. Kevin has Chev's, Benson has an associated contract as a Toyota driver. It may happen next year, but not mid season. I suspect Toyota is working over a few teams in the garage in their stable to find a way to put Benson in one of the. Randy Moss motorsports would be my bet.

tstran17_88
12th June 2009, 00:47
Hopefully he finds a ride by Milwaukee...otherwise there goes the win streak.

woody2goody
12th June 2009, 18:00
you mean the 3rd truck, he has the 33 and 4 running the full season, with the 2 running on a rare occasion

Well he should dust of the 2 car then. Crazy that even the reigning champion can't bring enough money in to keep a team running.

dwboogityfan
14th June 2009, 16:22
Some terrible news on Johnny from Saturday night. He was injured in a ISMA Supermodified crash at the Berlin raceway.
He is expected to be fine but has suffered at least a broken rib and as yet there is no release date for him from hospital.
Get well soon Johnny.

Sparky1329
14th June 2009, 20:45
Bummer. I hope he mends soon.

harvick#1
14th June 2009, 21:58
I heard somewhere Johnny B was gonna fill in for Kyle Busch at Milwaukee too :( Kyle was gonna give him the ride to keep the streak alive