PDA

View Full Version : Kyle smashes guitar in victory lane

Wade91
8th June 2009, 16:53
i was at the race saturday night, and i was kinda surprised when i saw on the big screen in the infeild that Kyle was smashing his guitar :p

i wonder if this will start a new tradition for winners here at Nashville :p

The instant classic
8th June 2009, 18:39
i was at the race saturday night, and i was kinda surprised when i saw on the big screen in the infeild that Kyle was smashing his guitar :p

i wonder if this will start a new tradition for winners here at Nashville :p
so many ppl say that was such a spit in the face to racing, i cant belive ppl hate on that,
for me i loved what kyle did that was so original it was awsome, thats what racing needs more original stuff

harvick#1
8th June 2009, 19:42
he said he smashed it so the entire crew can have a piece of the guitar

muggle not
9th June 2009, 01:31
so many ppl say that was such a spit in the face to racing, i cant belive ppl hate on that,
for me i loved what kyle did that was so original it was awsome, thats what racing needs more original stuff
Sure, it would have been even more original if he had pissed on it. That is what we need, something that excites the kooks. Hell, drivers have no obligation to show respect to the sponsors.

Sparky1329
9th June 2009, 02:52
Kyle's juvenile VL celebration of trophy smashing was neither original nor awesome. It showed a stunning lack of respect for a valuable musical instrument and the prestige it symbolized. He might be a real wheelman but he's sorely lacking in class, maturity and good manners.

MD24
9th June 2009, 03:42
Well said Sparky.
Kyle Busch will say or do anything to get attention. Glad Hendrick got rid of him.

RaceFanStan
9th June 2009, 03:59
I'm a Kyle Busch fan but I was disappointed he smashed the guitar in victory lane. :s

ykiki
9th June 2009, 17:16
What fool goes out of their way to smash the trophy right after it's presented to them - especially after an artist has hand crafted it as...well...a work of art?

JasonD
9th June 2009, 17:37
Instead of destroying the trophy so he could share it with his team, why didnt he open up is cheque book and share some winnings.

harvick#1
9th June 2009, 17:56
What fool goes out of their way to smash the trophy right after it's presented to them - especially after an artist has hand crafted it as...well...a work of art?

Bass was pissed at the event. Kyle told him he would do it, and Sam said he would make a fake to destroy, not the real thing

Wade91
9th June 2009, 17:59
Bass was pissed at the event. Kyle told him he would do it, and Sam said he would make a fake to destroy, not the real thing
oh, i didn't know that, but that was actually the real one that Kyle smashed right?

harvick#1
9th June 2009, 18:45
correct

The instant classic
9th June 2009, 19:50
Sure, it would have been even more original if he had pissed on it. That is what we need, something that excites the kooks. Hell, drivers have no obligation to show respect to the sponsors.
when Dale sir jummp on top of his car, was that disrespect to the car makers? or when Alan Kulwicki was the first driver to make his own victory lap? beside kyle said he was buying more guitars for himself

Sparky1329
9th June 2009, 20:35
when Dale sir jummp on top of his car, was that disrespect to the car makers? or when Alan Kulwicki was the first driver to make his own victory lap? beside kyle said he was buying more guitars for himself

Oh BS. Your argument is laughable and a huge stretch in an attempt to justify Kyle's bad behavior. Dale Earnhardt never destroyed a trophy that he earned. He had too much respect for the effort that made it possible among other important things. What did Alan Kulwicki destroy by driving in the opposite direction? Not a darn thing. You're attempting to compare a snot-nosed punk to two NASCAR champions. Puhleeze.

I don't know of any NASCAR driver who smashed a trophy - in VL no less. Most adult race car drivers have respect for their sponsors, their car owner, the race track that awarded the trophy and their fellow competitors who would welcome earning such a valuable trophy. When Brad Keselowski earned a similar trophy last year at Nashville he napped with his trophy in his arms on his flight back home. It's called RESPECT and obviously Kyle never learned the definition of that word.

muggle not
9th June 2009, 20:52
You are only digging the hole deeper. :o

Lee Roy
9th June 2009, 21:18
It's called RESPECT and obviously Kyle never learned the definition of that word.

Hopefully as Kyle gets older and wiser, he'll see what a disrespectful thing it was to smash that guitar. I feel sorry for the people who built it and decorated it. It really had to hurt their feelings to see him smash something that obviously they had great affection for.

It just wasn't good manners.

The instant classic
9th June 2009, 21:33
Oh BS. Your argument is laughable and a huge stretch in an attempt to justify Kyle's bad behavior. Dale Earnhardt never destroyed a trophy that he earned. He had too much respect for the effort that made it possible among other important things. What did Alan Kulwicki destroy by driving in the opposite direction? Not a darn thing. You're attempting to compare a snot-nosed punk to two NASCAR champions. Puhleeze.

I don't know of any NASCAR driver who smashed a trophy - in VL no less. Most adult race car drivers have respect for their sponsors, their car owner, the race track that awarded the trophy and their fellow competitors who would welcome earning such a valuable trophy. When Brad Keselowski earned a similar trophy last year at Nashville he napped with his trophy in his arms on his flight back home. It's called RESPECT and obviously Kyle never learned the definition of that word.
if this was some other driver and NOT kyle everyone wolud have laugh it up and said how " original" that was
kyle won and the trophy is his and he wants to smash it then its his too, and if the kyle hates dont like it tuff for them :)

The instant classic
9th June 2009, 21:34
You are only digging the hole deeper. :o
well its calling having fun :D nothing liked getting under the skin of the hates

Sparky1329
9th June 2009, 22:18
if this was some other driver and NOT kyle everyone wolud have laugh it up and said how " original" that was
kyle won and the trophy is his and he wants to smash it then its his too, and if the kyle hates dont like it tuff for them :)

I'm not everyone and I wouldn't "laugh it up". I don't hate Kyle. I pity him. He hasn't even started to learn life's hard lessons.

The instant classic
9th June 2009, 23:35
I'm not everyone and I wouldn't "laugh it up". I don't hate Kyle. I pity him. He hasn't even started to learn life's hard lessons.
sure the laugh woludnt happen :rolleyes:
i dont pity kyle hes getting the job done winning alot of races i pity other drivers like the 88 team :p
but for hard lesssons? hes still young, hes got along time to learn racing needs its bad boy, and tony is getting oldder now and has his own team hes chilled over the years, and when kyle mature over time, we will see someone new thats the young punk bad boy, but i think kyle enjoys it

The instant classic
10th June 2009, 00:24
[quote="The instant classic"]sure the laugh woludnt happen :rolleyes: we all need a good laugh hear and then*
sorry i couldnt edit my other post for some reason? :confused:

MD24
10th June 2009, 17:42
http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/features/06/09/five.things.kybusch.gibson.guitar/index.html

Mark in Oshawa
10th June 2009, 18:08
Well I have been away for a few weeks, but let me wade in.

First off, It WAS Kyle's trophy alright. Here is the deal tho. That trophy is a Les Paul model Gibson. 2000 bucks plus for one, and they are SOLID. Add in Sam Bass's artwork, in which he puts 50 to 100 plus hours of work into hand painting this trophy. In short, that guitar if auctioned off would be likely worth 5 or 6 k. Not much to Kyle, but still valuable.

Now I appreciate Kyle's talent, and I can even apprciate what he said he was trying to do, break it up so he could share the shrapnel with the crew. He said he didn't know which rock star used to wreck guitars...so spare me the drivel he is a Kurt Cobain or Pete Townsend fan (Pete used to smash cheap Fender Copies that he would only play for that last song before he trashed it, he kept the good guitars like they were his babies). Kyle's idea was kind of novel if you are a self centered punk who occasionaly grasps he needs help to be where he is.

I don't think he is a bad guy on some levels, he donated a whack of money to the Sam Ard fund last year, and I applaud him for that. That said, he just doesn't appreciate how fortunate he is, how much his success is helped by others, and I just don't think he really grasps the history and traditions of the sport. Dale Jr. may be sucking wind on the track right now, but he has always bent over backwards to pay respect to the history, pay respect to sponsors and be appreciative to where being a NASCAR winner has taken him.

Kyle was "right" in that it was his trophy, but with Sam Bass, one of the nicest people in the planet standing there horrified, he didn't get that Sam was hurt by the display. He apolgized sort of to Sam, and Sam related all of this on Dave Moody's "Sirius Speedway" show, but the point remains you don't wreck one of a kind art works in front of the artist. No matter how much you think you are thanking your crew, the rest of the world will think your are a punk. Funny...I thought he was that before this....

One day I might like Kyle Busch. Maybe when he grows up. His brother needed a punch out by Jimmy Spencer, getting fired by Jack Roush and a few years of losing while learning class from Roger Penske to get me to the point where I don't dislike the guy. God knows what it will take to get Kyle Busch to smarten up...

Sparky1329
10th June 2009, 21:32
http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/features/06/09/five.things.kybusch.gibson.guitar/index.html

Oh lord, MD. That article makes me even more sick to my stomach than I already was. :\

Sparky1329
10th June 2009, 21:34
Well I have been away for a few weeks, but let me wade in.

First off, It WAS Kyle's trophy alright. Here is the deal tho. That trophy is a Les Paul model Gibson. 2000 bucks plus for one, and they are SOLID. Add in Sam Bass's artwork, in which he puts 50 to 100 plus hours of work into hand painting this trophy. In short, that guitar if auctioned off would be likely worth 5 or 6 k. Not much to Kyle, but still valuable.

Now I appreciate Kyle's talent, and I can even apprciate what he said he was trying to do, break it up so he could share the shrapnel with the crew. He said he didn't know which rock star used to wreck guitars...so spare me the drivel he is a Kurt Cobain or Pete Townsend fan (Pete used to smash cheap Fender Copies that he would only play for that last song before he trashed it, he kept the good guitars like they were his babies). Kyle's idea was kind of novel if you are a self centered punk who occasionaly grasps he needs help to be where he is.

I don't think he is a bad guy on some levels, he donated a whack of money to the Sam Ard fund last year, and I applaud him for that. That said, he just doesn't appreciate how fortunate he is, how much his success is helped by others, and I just don't think he really grasps the history and traditions of the sport. Dale Jr. may be sucking wind on the track right now, but he has always bent over backwards to pay respect to the history, pay respect to sponsors and be appreciative to where being a NASCAR winner has taken him.

Kyle was "right" in that it was his trophy, but with Sam Bass, one of the nicest people in the planet standing there horrified, he didn't get that Sam was hurt by the display. He apolgized sort of to Sam, and Sam related all of this on Dave Moody's "Sirius Speedway" show, but the point remains you don't wreck one of a kind art works in front of the artist. No matter how much you think you are thanking your crew, the rest of the world will think your are a punk. Funny...I thought he was that before this....

One day I might like Kyle Busch. Maybe when he grows up. His brother needed a punch out by Jimmy Spencer, getting fired by Jack Roush and a few years of losing while learning class from Roger Penske to get me to the point where I don't dislike the guy. God knows what it will take to get Kyle Busch to smarten up...

Maybe a well deserved swat in the snoot from Mr Excitement would do the trick.

The instant classic
10th June 2009, 21:39
Maybe a well deserved swat in the snoot from Mr Excitement would do the trick. last weekend on nascar race day show,
Mr Excitement was very angry with Mr Busch so that swat could be comming soon

MD24
11th June 2009, 01:27
Maybe a well deserved swat in the snoot from Mr Excitement would do the trick.

That's exactly what he needs :D

muggle not
11th June 2009, 01:42
It is actually pretty sickening what Kyle has done. I am trying to figure out what type of person gets a kick out of Kyle's, I won't even say juvenille as juvenilles have more sense.

Mark in Oshawa
11th June 2009, 17:00
I was wrong with how much that guitar was worth...damn....Kyle really doesn't have a clue of the value of things does he?

Sparky1329
12th June 2009, 03:10
I hope he never wins a Cup race at Martinsville.

ShiftingGears
14th June 2009, 07:56
If he managed to organise a prop that looked relatively realistic to smash, he wouldn'tve offended the luthiers, artists, other trophymakers and those who appreciate art not being destroyed. No respect.

muggle not
14th June 2009, 12:29
Or anywhere else.

Lets see now, according to my numbers, King Kyle is 53 points from dropping out of the top 12 in Cup. A post race interview would be interesting if he drops out.

Wade91
14th June 2009, 15:50
he menioned in this interview that he would not do that with the martinsville clock
http://hamptonroads.com/2009/06/kyle-busch-says-dale-jr-fans-are-crazy

wedge
15th June 2009, 14:41
If he managed to organise a prop that looked relatively realistic to smash, he wouldn'tve offended the luthiers, artists, other trophymakers and those who appreciate art not being destroyed. No respect.

Appreciating art is in the eye of the beholder.

It's a guitar. For the sake of rock and roll it had to be done.

Sparky1329
15th June 2009, 15:41
Kyle Busch is no Pete Townshend and that was no run-of-the-mill guitar.

NickFalzone
15th June 2009, 16:19
It's what I would have expected Kyle to do. Anything less and he's not being himself. I agree that it's a dumbass move but that's Kyle, like him or not. The bigger issue for Kyle right now is that his cars have not been that good, and he's not going to get away with these sorts of things if he doesn't make the chase.

muggle not
15th June 2009, 18:15
It's what I would have expected Kyle to do. Anything less and he's not being himself. I agree that it's a dumbass move but that's Kyle, like him or not. The bigger issue for Kyle right now is that his cars have not been that good, and he's not going to get away with these sorts of things if he doesn't make the chase.
Which came first...the chicken or the egg.

1. Is it the car that makes Kyle good.

2. Or is it Kyle that makes the car good.

I believe Kyle is only 53 points from not making the Chase. I tend to believe that he hasn't learned yet what is necessary from a driver to win a Championship.

Mark in Oshawa
16th June 2009, 14:33
Kyle is Kyle alright. A knob really... but with some talent.

That said, I wonder how well he would do without the Gibb's engineering or Toyota power. Probably pretty good..but no one saw his run coming when he was with Hendrick. Lets face it, his talent is meshing better over with the Gibbs folk than it did with Hendrick but I wont go out on the limb and say he is the best driver in the field. THAT still is Jimmie Johnson, whether anyone wants to admit it or not....

muggle not
16th June 2009, 16:11
Kyle is Kyle alright. A knob really... but with some talent.

That said, I wonder how well he would do without the Gibb's engineering or Toyota power. Probably pretty good..but no one saw his run coming when he was with Hendrick. Lets face it, his talent is meshing better over with the Gibbs folk than it did with Hendrick but I wont go out on the limb and say he is the best driver in the field. THAT still is Jimmie Johnson, whether anyone wants to admit it or not....
I believe there are 3 best drivers in Nascar......Jimmie, Jeff, and Tony.

those are the 3 I think have the best shot at winning a Championship.

Wade91
16th June 2009, 18:20
its kind of a shame, becouse that guitar would have been a good suvinear for Kyle

Sparky1329
16th June 2009, 20:38
its kind of a shame, becouse that guitar would have been a good suvinear for Kyle

Souvenir? It was the fricking trophy for winning the race! I don't know of any other race car driver who intentionally smashed his trophy in VL, no less.

wedge
17th June 2009, 00:34
There's a first time for everything

Mark in Oshawa
19th June 2009, 03:55

You buy souvenirs at the gift shop at Niagara Falls for 5 bucks, you get a $25000 hand painted guitar that is one of a kind, you don't toss it around because you didn't actually pay for it.

IT was Kyle's to do with what he wished, but 2 weeks down the road it still ranks as dumb.