PDA

View Full Version : Another day, another F1 entry: N.Technology submits F1 entry

Giuseppe F1
4th June 2009, 09:56
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75795

N.Technology submits F1 application
By Steven English
Wednesday, June 3rd 2009, 19:46 GMT

N.TechnologyMSC Organization Ltd, the company that owns the N.Technology racing team and the International Formula Master championship, has submitted an application to join the 2010 Formula 1 World Championship.

The entry has been requested under the N.Technology banner, the team that ran the works Alfa Romeos three consecutive European Touring Car titles from 2001-03 and, more recently, finished third in the WTCC standings in three successive seasons from 2005-07.

The organisation also created the Formula Master series, which has supported the WTCC since 2007.

The team's personnel includes Eurosport CEO Angelo Codignoni, N.Technology team founders Mauro Sipsz and Monica Bregoli, technical director Andrea Adamo and former Trident Racing managing director Alessandro Alunni Bravi.

N.Technology joins Prodrive, Lola, USF1, Team Superfund, Epsilon-Euskadi, Campos Meta 1 and Litespeed on the list of new teams to have confirmed their applications for a place in Formula 1 next year.

The team already has deals in place with potential partners should its application be successful, but no announcements will be made before the list of entrants is confirmed on June 12.

ioan
4th June 2009, 10:00
And me thinking that the entries had to be submitted by 29th May?! :confused:

Powered by Cosworth
4th June 2009, 10:14
They probably all submitted before the deadline, and are trying to announce it on their own days so they get maximum publicity

jens
4th June 2009, 10:20
They probably all submitted before the deadline, and are trying to announce it on their own days so they get maximum publicity

In this case let's guess which other enterprises will we hear about before June 12. :p :

All this makes me suspect not only that the list of teams presented on June 12 will be surprising (non-FOTA teams), but we might get some surprising names, who we have heard nothing about before. It's strange that FIA hasn't simply published the list of all applicants - why such secrecy?

I am evil Homer
4th June 2009, 10:49
Joke entry IMO....couldn't be bothered with WTCC anymore but want to do F1?!?!

ioan
4th June 2009, 11:42
In this case let's guess which other enterprises will we hear about before June 12. :p :

You can add all the GP2, F3, F2, BTCC, WTCC, NASCAR, CART, IRL, Karting, destruction derby, local straight line speed racing names to the list!

I suppose that putting an entry on the FIA list was for free!

ArrowsFA1
4th June 2009, 12:19
Max-imum publicity. Like it :laugh:

ioan
4th June 2009, 13:08
I'm thinking of submitting an entry myself, does anyone fancy chipping in a tenner? ;)

Count me in!

No, even better I'll submit one myself!

Knock-on
4th June 2009, 13:14
I believe this is Max's fait accompli.

He has and knew he had enough enteries. This gives him the safeguard to force the existing teams into his vision for F1.

They either accept his dictatorship or f**k off.

Max doesn't need Ferrari or any other team. He can ditch the series in everything but name and repopulate it with any old dross.

I expect Williams and Brawn to have a very fruitfull few years at this rate.

ioan
4th June 2009, 13:17

He has and knew he had enough enteries. This gives him the safeguard to force the existing teams into his vision for F1.

They either accept his dictatorship or f**k off.

Max doesn't need Ferrari or any other team. He can ditch the series in everything but name and repopulate it with any old dross.

I expect Williams and Brawn to have a very fruitfull few years at this rate.

Brawn will not stay in a farcical championship and he'll probably take the titles with him, if they win both.

Knock-on
4th June 2009, 13:25
Brawn will not stay in a farcical championship and he'll probably take the titles with him, if they win both.

You are correct. They have a conditional entry for next year.

I might go and put a tenner down at the bookies on Williams winning both championships.

ioan
4th June 2009, 13:50
You are correct. They have a conditional entry for next year.

I might go and put a tenner down at the bookies on Williams winning both championships.

Do they already take bets for next season?!
Also you never know, maybe Prodrive beats them to it. :D

4th June 2009, 13:54

I think this is exactly the case. With 10+ new applications, he is in the driver's seat, no matter what the quality of some of the entries. And with that, I think we will see more than half the FOTA teams (though not necessarily all) accepting a cost cap.

So 2010 might come with, say, eight FOTA teams and five new entries. Seats for all current drivers and six new ones. And not a dramatic enough drop in quality to lose any significant number of fans.

Of course, we won't really know for another two weeks. If even then.

Sleeper
4th June 2009, 13:59
I find this surprising since they didnt even have the money to develop a Honda Accord in WTCC last year. Just like the March and Brabham entries, this one seems pointless.

DexDexter
4th June 2009, 14:10
Where is Life? Didn't they submit an entry? :)

K-Pu
4th June 2009, 14:19
I think this is exactly the case. With 10+ new applications, he is in the driver's seat, no matter what the quality of some of the entries. And with that, I think we will see more than half the FOTA teams (though not necessarily all) accepting a cost cap.

So 2010 might come with, say, eight FOTA teams and five new entries. Seats for all current drivers and six new ones. And not a dramatic enough drop in quality to lose any significant number of fans.

Of course, we won't really know for another two weeks. If even then.

Well, it can end up as the US Grand Prix in 2005... No FOTA teams accepting the cap, the FIA keeping on its way of ing things up and people all over the world losing interest in F1...

If I´m finally right when I said that nothing would happen (serious mistake now), everything´s alright. If you´re rignt, it´s OK too. But if it explodes...

jens
4th June 2009, 17:00

Nakajima for WDC! And considering, how car-based ratings are, he will be regarded as one of the best drivers the sport has ever seen after his dominant performance over a full season. :D

Sonic
4th June 2009, 17:10
Yawn. Bored. Let's turn this trickle of information into a torrent - FIA please publish the full list now so we can all see just how screwe the FOTA teams really are.

Bagwan
4th June 2009, 18:12
It begs wonder , since all the entries I've heard about have said they are signing on to the cap , what happens if the FIA does reach a compromise .

One must assume that getting to the point of signing takes some serious work , and though some have said they would sign and compete whether the cap was raised or not , what happens if the FIA changes the rules ?
Are they liable to get a pile of lawsuits , or have they left a clause that states that they can change the rules at any time ?

Is there now a penalty for changing where they put the goal posts ?

If the FOTA teams leave , the first tracks to be signed to have Formula Nouveau races should be Silverstone , Montreal , and Watkin's Glen .
Let's have Laguna Seca , Indy , and Mosport , too .
Argentina and Mexico will bring back memories , too .
How about Adelaide ?

Hell , why not Formula Nouveau-Historique , and take those silly wings off , too ?

ioan
4th June 2009, 18:14
Are they liable to get a pile of lawsuits , or have they left a clause that states that they can change the rules at any time ?

You're disappointing me there. When did the FIA need anyone's aproval in order to operate rule changes?!

Bagwan
4th June 2009, 18:49
You're disappointing me there. When did the FIA need anyone's aproval in order to operate rule changes?!

Yeah , well anyone already in knows that , but we're talking newbies here .
You don't get to read the fine print until you've signed . That's the first line of the contract .