PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Rally Finland - official thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

A.F.F.
3rd June 2009, 22:32
C'mon, it's not too soon to ask who's coming this year? :)

And don't forget the annual forum dinner at saturday evening... although, I have a feeling there won't be too many of us there this year.

jonas_mcrae
3rd June 2009, 22:41
I want to go, it all depends on my finnish friend inviting me to stay...
It would be my first rally finland so Im really looking forward to it, when is the entry list going to be ready?

A.F.F.
3rd June 2009, 22:58
From here you can see received entries. http://www.nesteoilrallyfinland.fi/en/competitors/entries/

J4MIE
3rd June 2009, 23:07
It's a no for me this year once again sadly :( I've too many other things on and going to too many other events later in the year.

Juha
4th June 2009, 10:27
Not for me either, I'll have to settle for Poland. Have fun and plenty of everything. :D

Woodeye
4th June 2009, 15:14
Not coming. Why to bother? It's going to be 3 guys fighting over the victory and in the end the french guy will win. :)

Heading to U.K, London and Manchester at the same time with NORF.

Brother John
5th June 2009, 17:07
Not for me either this year. My doughter will marry that weekend!
Of the other side, I do not have to much sense to see only a top three on a wrc rally.
I, however, will missing the social contact and the annual forum dinner at saturday evening. :(

Rallyper
6th June 2009, 08:54
Not for me either this year. My doughter will marry that weekend!
Of the other side, I do not have to much sense to see only a top three on a wrc rally.
I, however, will missing the social contact and the annual forum dinner at saturday evening. :(

well, guys, you who don´t come to NORF this year. It´s a free world....
But I know you´re missing a lot more! And it could very well be 5-6 cars fighting of the victory. Petter and Bosse in competitive cars and why not Mikkelsen? And I´m sure we will see some interesting entries. :D

BTW what annual dinner....? Can one take part...? ITC where? :confused:

dyfi1
6th June 2009, 09:27
My job has been under threat of redundancy for the last 3 months so NORF plans been `on hold`. On Wednesday of this week my employers sent me a letter to say that I was not to be chosen for the chop :D :D but it`s now too late to reserve my usual mökki. I have decided instead to take a long week end break at the end of September and watch final round of Finnish rally championship at Hyvinkää :) The thought of no Finnish holiday this year was too much to bear!

pino
10th June 2009, 09:18
I will take my final decision next month, hopefully it will be a yes :D

Mirek
10th June 2009, 09:47
Seems like I may come as well.

DonJippo
10th June 2009, 11:02
I'll be there if not for any other reason but forum dinner so that Jani don't have to be there alone :D

A.F.F.
10th June 2009, 18:50
I'll be there if not for any other reason but forum dinner so that Jani don't have to be there alone :D

Cheers Don. We'll have plenty of everything. :D

KiwiRallyFan
11th June 2009, 02:15
Hi. I'm from New Zealand and will be attending Rally Finland this year for the first time. I was wondering what sort of weather and temperatures to expect. Should I bring wet weather gear? Also, what are the ground conditions like in among the trees? Do I need boots? Thanks in advance for any replies.

gloomyDAY
11th June 2009, 06:28
Is there a wealthy person in this thread that can pay for my flight?

I'll pay you back when I finish college, honest!
Don't want to miss Rally Finland before the FIA stupidly decides to rotate the calendar.

A.F.F.
11th June 2009, 07:03
Hi. I'm from New Zealand and will be attending Rally Finland this year for the first time. I was wondering what sort of weather and temperatures to expect. Should I bring wet weather gear? Also, what are the ground conditions like in among the trees? Do I need boots? Thanks in advance for any replies.

At mornings, very early, it might be a bit chilly but at the day time temperatures are either warm or hot. Light wet weather gear is recommenned. Carrying it is the best way to prevent the rain ;) Boots are also highly recommenned, especially if it has rained. I use sexy boots, however, they're one of their kind.

Bring a backpack, it holds everything you need on stages :)

redrover
11th June 2009, 07:12
Would love to go this year, but too many other things happening and spending money on my house instead. Maybe I will get there one day.

Hartusvuori
11th June 2009, 07:16

Weather is hard to predict, like you know. Basically NORF is held at the best time of Finnish summer, but still it can mean raining. Last year it was rather wet for Friday morning, but there on it was really nice, at times even warm weather for the rest of the weekend. Last few years it have been a great weather so perhaps this year - not so lucky... hopefully not, though. At morning stages when you'll be by the roadside before 7-9 AM it can also be rather chilly, something like +5-7 celcius. But goddamn it's beautiful (if not raining).

Ground conditions are normally okey, but if it's wet you'd love to have at least decent hiking boots. Also take some lighter shoes if it is a dry weekend. There are paths made to the forests, spectating places are normally rather easy to access - of course depending what you consider as a good place.

Also pack in a small FM radio for the rally broadcast, there are results in English as well. And while planning which stages to go on Saturday evening remember there is a Group F race on five of them. Lots of Scandinavian flicks to be expected!

If I meet you somehow at some of the stages, let's have a chat. I'm planning shakedown + 7-9 stages through the rally.

And hopefully I'd manage to go and see Rally New Zealand some year in the future.

Hartusvuori
11th June 2009, 07:19
I use sexy boots, however, they're one of their kind.

And I thought my pink and flowery chair was the kinkiest last year...

KiwiRallyFan
11th June 2009, 10:18
Thanks for your replies A.F.F and Hartusvuori, that's exactly what I was after. It sounds like I should just treat it like a New Zealand rally. The weather and conditions sound similar.

I didn't know about the Group F race. Is that a local rally which follows the WRC event?

DonJippo
11th June 2009, 11:11
I didn't know about the Group F race. Is that a local rally which follows the WRC event?

Yes on Saturday with following time schedule:

SS 14 Leustu 2 first car 13:48
SS 15 Himos 2 first car 14:37
SS 17 Urria first car 18:04
SS 18 Kavala first car 19:17
SS 19 Väärinmaja first car 19:50

These times for GroupF, first car in WRC is about 2 hours earlier. There is currently 73 entries in GroupF race, which I think is the maximum amount they accept for that race.

DonJippo
11th June 2009, 11:17
BTW what annual dinner....? Can one take part...? ITC where? :confused:

Normally we have had the dinner on Saturday evening around 8pm in restaurant Vanha Mylly in Jämsä. Info about the place in here http://www.vanhamylly.com/info.htm only in finnish though :( but in case you want to come you are welcome. And feel free to ask more information from A.F.F. :p

ttiirika
11th June 2009, 13:00
Normally we have had the dinner on Saturday evening around 8pm in restaurant Vanha Mylly in Jämsä. Info about the place in here http://www.vanhamylly.com/info.htm only in finnish though :( but in case you want to come you are welcome. And feel free to ask more information from A.F.F. :p

Not in Jämsä, but in Jämsänkoski!!

Hartusvuori
11th June 2009, 13:50
Not in Jämsä, but in Jämsänkoski!!

This year it'll be in Jämsä since they're now (finally) just one city. But I hear you if you happen to be from Jämsänkoski...

Vanha Mylly is a nice, small but beautiful place and close by if coming back from Väärinmaja or Kavala towards Jyväskylä.

A.F.F.
11th June 2009, 20:38
Jämsä or Jämsänkoski, only difference is three roundabouts :)

Anyways, everyone is welcome to the forumdinner. Seek yourself to the terrace and you'll find us.

ttiirika
12th June 2009, 07:58

Anyways, everyone is welcome to the forumdinner. Seek yourself to the terrace and you'll find us.

That's true. And yes, Vanha Mylly is very nice place. I am not from Jämsänkoski, but for several years we have had a cottage rented quite near Vanha Mylly restaurant during Jyskälä. And this year too.

pino
12th June 2009, 08:02
I fancy so much a nice bottle of Koff :lips: :D

A.F.F.
12th June 2009, 08:27

I promised you a twelve-pack for that great pizza you made :)

N.O.T
12th June 2009, 23:28
hmmm my plan is to see the entry list of the event and then decide....will i have any chance of finding a place to stay near the event whent he entry is published or is it a lost hope ??

DonJippo
13th June 2009, 00:19
hmmm my plan is to see the entry list of the event and then decide....will i have any chance of finding a place to stay near the event whent he entry is published or is it a lost hope ??

To my knowledge still lot of possibilities to choose from so in case you decide to come I'm sure you will find a place to stay.

Nikey
14th June 2009, 08:49
There is also some sort of rallysprint at Killeri after WRC on saturday. 40 drivers (at most, currently 20 entries) attend qualifying and 8 drivers from both 2wd and 4wd classes get to man against man elimination. Entries close June 28.

Good to see people enjoy "our" products (I'm currently working at the brewery).

Woodeye
14th June 2009, 09:56

I'm borned in Jämsänkoski. The only difference for sure is NOT three roundabouts. :mad: Jämsänkoski is a beatifull small town, Jämsä is just ugly town without any personality whatsoever. A bit like Vantaa in greater Helsinki area... ;)

A.F.F.
14th June 2009, 15:33
I'm borned in Jämsänkoski. The only difference for sure is NOT three roundabouts. :mad: Jämsänkoski is a beatifull small town, Jämsä is just ugly town without any personality whatsoever. A bit like Vantaa in greater Helsinki area... ;)

I agree. Vantaa is a beautiful region and Helsinki just an ugly town without any personality. :)

pino
14th June 2009, 18:22
I promised you a twelve-pack for that great pizza you made :)

Can't wait to give you the ok so you can buy them :D

Jämsänkoski is a beatifull small town...

It's true, I've been there severall times now and I love it :up:

OldF
14th June 2009, 18:26
Here are two links for travellers.

http://www.jyvaskylabooking.fi/index_eng.html

http://www.himosholiday.com/

My friends and me booked at Patalahti (himoslomat), which is about 6 km from Jämsä and 55 km from Jyväskylä.

Hartusvuori
14th June 2009, 20:38

Yeah, Jämsänkoski's main street is such a great personality. If you see three cars at once it's a traffic jam. And yes - I'm with Jämsä until death do us part and this stupid thing is too OT. But I must admit Jämsänkoski is more beutiful in nature.

Rallyper
15th June 2009, 00:01

Txs guys for that information. Although I expect we are about to do some recce at Myhinpää stage at that time...

Or raising the tent at Hankasalmis beatiful campingplace, waiting for sundays best stage... :)

rdr
15th June 2009, 14:47
There is also some sort of rallysprint at Killeri after WRC on saturday. 40 drivers (at most, currently 20 entries) attend qualifying and 8 drivers from both 2wd and 4wd classes get to man against man elimination. Entries close June 28.

Good to see people enjoy "our" products (I'm currently working at the brewery).

Note! All 4wd cars are powered 450-550 hp, so called finnish rallysprint Special Saloon (or div1) class cars. 2wd cars 250-400 hp! Tyres are rallycross rules type slicks. Race start 17:00 / Killeri...

janvanvurpa
15th June 2009, 19:16
Thanks for your replies A.F.F and Hartusvuori, that's exactly what I was after. It sounds like I should just treat it like a New Zealand rally. The weather and conditions sound similar.

Group F is Finnish solution to overcrowding in Mental Health facilities.
If a person is insane but not violent to others they give them the option to be in a rubber room or to drive F-Cup cars.
Since its dark and frozen 8 1/2 months of the year in Finland, many people drink a lot and go insane as a result, so F-cup is FULL of hundreds of very fast drivers in 2wd, non turbo cars driving Route Book only events, and driving at speeds that would for sure these days get you well into top 20 WRC stage times.

They are simply FAST.
There was a thread last year where Dani Sordo entered an event in WRC car, Toni Gardemeister was there in his GpF car---a 6 cyl BMW and his stage times in his rwd 2wd car were closer gap to Sordo than when he drive his WRC Suzuki.
And he was not running away from everybody else in the class.
It is really exciting to watch---search F-cup ralli on You Tube and have a beer handy, hours of fun-----particularly in comparison to the restricted heavy GpN farting elephants who daren't ever get sideways.

Here: (and note the Finns are cheering before the red car has finished rolling!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuhgnsY__sE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n62p9WMCYHM&feature=related

It's the best rally action on the planet these days and you should make an effort to see them.

In short this is the where nearly all the famous Finns thru the ages learned and honed their craft.

pino
17th June 2009, 14:57
Flights and accomodation booked, as usually now I can't wait :D

A.F.F.
17th June 2009, 15:45
Flights and accomodation booked, as usually now I can't wait :D

:up:

janneppi
17th June 2009, 20:13
I won't be able to join for the whole rally, I might pop in on saturday for a stage or two.

A.F.F.
17th June 2009, 20:49
I won't be able to join for the whole rally, I might pop in on saturday for a stage or two.

You still have our numbers Janneppi?

janneppi
18th June 2009, 07:06
I think so. It would have made things easier if they had moved the damn rally to Lahti this year. :)

pino
18th June 2009, 09:44

Make sure you will meet us, I've got somenthing to tell you :hmph: ;)

karo
18th June 2009, 11:48
Hi everybody,

This year it will be my first time NORF!!!

I am really interested in the Group F competitiors on Saterday. Does anyboday has a link for more info, entries etc?

I have already read the starting times a few posts ago.

Regards

Rallyper
18th June 2009, 15:46
Group F is Finnish solution to overcrowding in Mental Health facilities.
If a person is insane but not violent to others they give them the option to be in a rubber room or to drive F-Cup cars.
Since its dark and frozen 8 1/2 months of the year in Finland, many people drink a lot and go insane as a result, so F-cup is FULL of hundreds of very fast drivers in 2wd, non turbo cars driving Route Book only events, and driving at speeds that would for sure these days get you well into top 20 WRC stage times.

They are simply FAST.
There was a thread last year where Dani Sordo entered an event in WRC car, Toni Gardemeister was there in his GpF car---a 6 cyl BMW and his stage times in his rwd 2wd car were closer gap to Sordo than when he drive his WRC Suzuki.
And he was not running away from everybody else in the class.
It is really exciting to watch---search F-cup ralli on You Tube and have a beer handy, hours of fun-----particularly in comparison to the restricted heavy GpN farting elephants who daren't ever get sideways.

Here: (and note the Finns are cheering before the red car has finished rolling!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuhgnsY__sE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n62p9WMCYHM&feature=related

It's the best rally action on the planet these days and you should make an effort to see them.

In short this is the where nearly all the famous Finns thru the ages learned and honed their craft.

Also visit Toni G: s website. He has some spectacular incar vids. You almost have to close your eyes sometimes when you watch.... :D

karo
18th June 2009, 16:29
Thnx Rallyper.

I indeed saw some movies of Group F cars.............and Toni...amazing.

But what the hell is Tony G website? Could not find it or him...pleas help???

And is there one only for Group F competitors during NORF??

rdr
18th June 2009, 16:40
Thnx Rallyper.

I indeed saw some movies of Group F cars.............and Toni...amazing. But what the hell is Tony G website? Could not find it or him...pleas help???

And is there one only for Group F competitors during NORF??
http://www.tonigardemeister.com/

karo
18th June 2009, 16:47
http://www.tonigardemeister.com/

stupid!!!!!that I could not find it........thnx

DonJippo
22nd June 2009, 13:29
Entries updated today http://www.nesteoilrallyfinland.fi/attachements/2009-06-22T14-32-35253.pdf

Final day for entries tomorrow, so far no major surprises.

MikeD
22nd June 2009, 13:55
Entries updated today http://www.nesteoilrallyfinland.fi/attachements/2009-06-22T14-32-35253.pdf

Final day for entries tomorrow, so far no major surprises.

I think it's a bit of a surprise that Munchi's will enter two cars, with Mattias Therman driving a Focus WRC 08.

karo
22nd June 2009, 14:11
Is there somebody that can tell me something more about the "new" stages in NORF this year?

rdr
22nd June 2009, 15:19
Is there somebody that can tell me something more about the "new" stages in NORF this year?

SS 21 & 22 Myhinpää
"Making a comeback into the route is the Myhinpää stage with its long rally traditions. Myhinpää is one of the stages that will be driven twice on Sunday´s leg."

-2 times driven 15 km Stage is twisting and turning through flat-out sweeping bends and jumps, after jumps, after big jumps! Stage is like a giant roller-coaster. Year 1994 Juha Kankkunen was fastest with average speed 129.06 km/h! Sebastian 2007 tests: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDnSE7DT3uQ

Racing Ka
22nd June 2009, 18:03
Gr.F Entries so far:
http://kiti.akk-motorsport.fi/modules/system/stdreq.aspx?P=1&VID=default&SID=260672637348963&A=open%3akiti%3aregistration_listclasses%3a145763% 2cset%3asession.l9%3aregistration_listclasses&S=2&C=58638

And Killeri rallysprint:
http://kiti.akk-motorsport.fi/modules/system/stdreq.aspx?P=1&VID=default&SID=260672637348963&A=open%3akiti%3aregistration_listclasses%3a180857% 2cset%3asession.l9%3aregistration_listclasses&S=2&C=58608

karo
22nd June 2009, 18:28
SS 21 & 22 Myhinpää
"Making a comeback into the route is the Myhinpää stage with its long rally traditions. Myhinpää is one of the stages that will be driven twice on Sunday´s leg."

-2 times driven 15 km Stage is twisting and turning through flat-out sweeping bends and jumps, after jumps, after big jumps! Stage is like a giant roller-coaster. Year 1994 Juha Kankkunen was fastest with average speed 129.06 km/h! Sebastian 2007 tests: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDnSE7DT3uQ

Thnx great service here

driveace
22nd June 2009, 19:21
Last time I watched 1000 Lakes(NORF)was in 86.Stayed at a camping site on the side of a lake in I believe Jamsa .What is name of camping please?
lots of wooden cabins,and large wooden reception lodge/restauant on the right as you turn right into the camping.
You finns can tell me is Harri T OK now?(The Tall one)
And is Kimi not doing any more rallies in Finland?

karo
23rd June 2009, 08:55
Gr.F Entries so far:
http://kiti.akk-motorsport.fi/modules/system/stdreq.aspx?P=1&VID=default&SID=260672637348963&A=open%3akiti%3aregistration_listclasses%3a145763% 2cset%3asession.l9%3aregistration_listclasses&S=2&C=58638

And Killeri rallysprint:
http://kiti.akk-motorsport.fi/modules/system/stdreq.aspx?P=1&VID=default&SID=260672637348963&A=open%3akiti%3aregistration_listclasses%3a180857% 2cset%3asession.l9%3aregistration_listclasses&S=2&C=58608

My Finisch must be crap but where on these links can I see the entries?

pino
23rd June 2009, 09:36
Gr.F Entries so far:

And Killeri rallysprint:

Can't read the entries neither, have you got a better link (english if possible) thanks :)

DonJippo
23rd June 2009, 10:13
Can't read the entries neither, have you got a better link (english if possible) thanks :)

Vetomies entries

http://kiti.akk-motorsport.fi/modules/system/stdreq.aspx?P=1&VID=default&SID=875492908189780&A=open%3akiti%3aregistration_listclasses%3a145763% 2cset%3asession.l9%3aregistration_listclasses&S=2&C=59908

Killeri rallisprint entries

http://kiti.akk-motorsport.fi/modules/system/stdreq.aspx?P=1&VID=default&SID=875492908189780&A=open%3akiti%3aregistration_listclasses%3a180857% 2cset%3asession.l9%3aregistration_listclasses&S=2&C=59878

pino
23rd June 2009, 10:55
That's almost the same link Don :s can't read the list, or it's just me ? :crazy:

DonJippo
23rd June 2009, 11:03
That's almost the same link Don :s can't read the list, or it's just me ? :crazy:

Opens fine to me so it must be you then... :dozey: :D

karo
23rd June 2009, 11:41
Opens fine to me so it must be you then... :dozey: :D

I have the same problem................no list here

Nikey
23rd June 2009, 16:35
My Finisch must be crap but where on these links can I see the entries?

Gotta agree, the KITI-system is difficult to use (especially if you don't speak finnish) so let's hope this helps.

Vetomies:

1. Go to http://kiti.akk-motorsport.fi/
2. Press "KILPAILUT" (near upper left corner)
3. Find where it reads "Laji" and choose "Ralli" from it's right side (make sure the date under includes 1.8.) and press "Hae" (Do NOT press ENTER!!!)
4. Find and click "Vetomies"
5. Click "Ilmoittautuneet" from the left side

...btw. Toni G. is driving his BMW again.

Rallysprint

Do 1. and 2. like before.
3. Then instead of "Ralli" choose "Rallisprint (RS)"
4. Find and click "Killeri-rallisprint"
5. Same as above.

karo
24th June 2009, 08:58
Gotta agree, the KITI-system is difficult to use (especially if you don't speak finnish) so let's hope this helps.

Vetomies:

1. Go to http://kiti.akk-motorsport.fi/
2. Press "KILPAILUT" (near upper left corner)
3. Find where it reads "Laji" and choose "Ralli" from it's right side (make sure the date under includes 1.8.) and press "Hae" (Do NOT press ENTER!!!)
4. Find and click "Vetomies"
5. Click "Ilmoittautuneet" from the left side

...btw. Toni G. is driving his BMW again.

Rallysprint

Do 1. and 2. like before.
3. Then instead of "Ralli" choose "Rallisprint (RS)"
4. Find and click "Killeri-rallisprint"
5. Same as above.

Thnx this works. I found a time table for the Group F competitors.

karo
24th June 2009, 09:00
Does anybody has alink to the stage maps?

In this way I can do a little home work.

Can't wait to see Toni drive...............watch out WRC'S....Toni is coming!!!

Rallyper
24th June 2009, 15:55
Does anybody has alink to the stage maps?

In this way I can do a little home work.

Can't wait to see Toni drive...............watch out WRC'S....Toni is coming!!!

The maps on the NORF-site is not official. You have to log in, which is only possible for team and entrants I think.

But the itenary is official and if you have some old maps from recent years there´s a good chance to get to know about 90% of the stages anyway.

karo
24th June 2009, 17:31
The maps on the NORF-site is not official. You have to log in, which is only possible for team and entrants I think.

But the itenary is official and if you have some old maps from recent years there´s a good chance to get to know about 90% of the stages anyway.

Damn so no password is floating around????

DonJippo
24th June 2009, 20:57
I think it's a bit of a surprise that Munchi's will enter two cars, with Mattias Therman driving a Focus WRC 08.

I'm expecting to see bigger "surprise" on the entry list than this one but we have to wait a bit to see if it happens... :)

karo
25th June 2009, 07:58
I'm expecting to see bigger "surprise" on the entry list than this one but we have to wait a bit to see if it happens... :)

What is that surprise.............Marcus G?!?!!?

DonJippo
25th June 2009, 08:17
What is that surprise.............Marcus G?!?!!?

No Marcus I'm afraid.

karo
25th June 2009, 08:54
No Marcus I'm afraid.

Why not? I was really hoping to see him driving the lateste Sub.

So who is/are the surprise(s)???

A.F.F.
25th June 2009, 08:57
Juha Kankkunen.

pino
25th June 2009, 09:19
Juha Kankkunen.

On a Lancia Delta S4 ? :D

karo
25th June 2009, 09:36

Thnx thats great news..............................................

pino
25th June 2009, 10:12
Thnx thats great news..............................................

Its not a news, just a dream ;)

karo
25th June 2009, 11:14
Its not a news, just a dream ;)

Do you think

DonJippo
26th June 2009, 17:01
There are 90 entries for NORF this year, entrylist will be published next Tuesday 30th of June.

DonJippo
27th June 2009, 10:56

Munchi's will enter three cars Matti Rantanen being the other nominated point scorer together with Villagra.

mant1953
27th June 2009, 13:59
I'm planning to visit NORF for the first time! Hopefully, this week I'll get my plane tickets! Can't wait.. :cool:

A.F.F.
27th June 2009, 14:47
Munchi's will enter three cars Matti Rantanen being the other nominated point scorer together with Villagra.

:bounce:

Matti did an excellent run last year with Focus. This year more speed :up:

Helstar
27th June 2009, 19:05
Ok I promise: if there is that car I go watchin' live xD

SS 21 & 22 Myhinpää

Isn't that too fast ? The limit is 120 I think ^^ ?

A.F.F.
27th June 2009, 19:19
Isn't it 130 km/h ?

DonJippo
27th June 2009, 20:14
No limit since last year.

Helstar
28th June 2009, 03:14
No limit since last year.
Oh, is Ouninpohja in again then ? ^^

cosmicpanda
28th June 2009, 07:17
Oh, is Ouninpohja in again then ? ^^

I think it was removed because of safety rather than speed.

DonJippo
28th June 2009, 13:14
Tests for NORF starting 4th of July in usual places.

J.Lindstroem
28th June 2009, 13:47
I'm already looking forward to rally finland. Poland was a great warm up i think... =)

PS. this time i will not start a new official thread. Ive understood now that this is the one and only thread ;)

bluuford
28th June 2009, 14:57
Team Subaru Autospiritist (Subaru from autospirit) goes to NORF (team run by Markko Märtin) with two drivers, Georg Gross with GrN Subaru and Ott Tänak, there is a possibility that Tänak drives Focus WRC (2003 version).

Rallytourist
29th June 2009, 09:11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDnSE7DT3uQ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDnSE7DT3uQ)

Can anyone give me the exactly location of the place with the sideways jumps ( part 18 sec ) on SS Mynhinpää

rdr
29th June 2009, 09:45
No Marcus I'm afraid.

...because Marcus will drive Killeri rallysprint!

Entry:
Grönholm Marcus Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9

DonJippo
29th June 2009, 12:33
Kimi Räikkönen expected to be on NORF entrylist http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutiset.shtml/arkistot/ralli/2009/06/907127

A.F.F.
29th June 2009, 13:04
Kimi Räikkönen expected to be on NORF entrylist http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutiset.shtml/arkistot/ralli/2009/06/907127

Who the **** is Kimi Räikkönen ?

bennizw
29th June 2009, 13:11
A rumour on a Norwegian rally forum says that Petter is getting a C4 for Finland. This was supposed to be circulating around the servicepark after the event.

DonJippo
29th June 2009, 13:23
Entrylist for NORF published http://www.nesteoilrallyfinland.fi/attachements/2009-06-29T14-38-06253.pdf

18 WRC after a quick count plus few interesting S2000 entries, Alen & Hänninen.
http://www.nesteoilrallyfinland.fi/attachements/2009-06-29T14-38-06253.pdf

MikeD
29th June 2009, 13:29
A rumour on a Norwegian rally forum says that Petter is getting a C4 for Finland. This was supposed to be circulating around the servicepark after the event.

I have said that all along (and so did Colin on WRR). He will be in the Citroën Jr. team to help taking manu points from Ford. He has the sponsors and Citroën might pay for Rally Australia, which Petter expected to miss out on due to expensive travel costs.

And I expect Ford will hire Duval for Catalunya.

And with Atkinson also expected to drive for in the Citroën Jr. team in Australian and GB, Ford is getting a tough time winning the manu title.

But I don't expect any of these drivers to take points from Hirvonen, so he still have a good chance in the drivers' championship IMHO.

DonJippo
29th June 2009, 13:38
And I expect Ford will hire Duval for Catalunya.

Yes especially after Duval's great performance in Ypres he would be a sure bet for Ford in Catalunya... :dozey:

A.F.F.
29th June 2009, 13:49
18 WRC after a quick count plus few interesting S2000 entries, Alen & Hänninen.
http://www.nesteoilrallyfinland.fi/attachements/2009-06-29T14-38-06253.pdf

Yes :bounce:

I get to see Skoda :up:

bluuford
29th June 2009, 14:14
Aava with Civic Type-R:-) and Ketomaa Subaru :-) Very nice :-) Nice:-)

Mirek
29th June 2009, 14:22
Very nice entry list indeed :)

jonkka
29th June 2009, 15:06

I think I have heard that name somewhere, sometime. Some silly girl from Big Brother, I think.

J4MIE
29th June 2009, 15:10
Wish I was going again ;(

Miika
29th June 2009, 17:49
According to Autosport Kimi has recently tested for NORF in Finland:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76623

..tested the Abarth Grande Punto for two days in central Finland earlier this week.

pettersolberg29
29th June 2009, 18:11
Surprised to see Aava on there in a Civic, and Kimi, and Alen.

Who is Mattias Terman for Munchis? And Petter in a Xsara is wrong isn't it?

pino
29th June 2009, 20:57
Wish I was going again ;(

Plenty of time to change mind and join us ;)

Jayjay-Rallye
29th June 2009, 22:18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDnSE7DT3uQ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDnSE7DT3uQ)

Can anyone give me the exactly location of the place with the sideways jumps ( part 18 sec ) on SS Mynhinpää

+1!!
I have exactly the same question!!! :confused:
Thanks in advance for your answer...

Juha
29th June 2009, 22:47

Another F1 Fin :p :

Josti
29th June 2009, 22:50
I really thought Juha Kankkunen was in for this rally, but a great entrylist anyway :up:

N.O.T
30th June 2009, 01:40
nice entry list...no Juha though so my trip will have to wait...

Zes
30th June 2009, 08:24
Who is Mattias Terman for Munchis?

Another rich kid from Finland. His family used to own finnish brewery Hartwall before selling it to Scottish&Newcastle few years ago.

noel157
30th June 2009, 09:08
Will Flodin take the start in the URT Subaru?

Juha
30th June 2009, 09:34
nice entry list...no Juha though so my trip will have to wait...
Sorry... :D

I'll go back to Finland when he's on the entry list. :)

Xsara Fan
30th June 2009, 10:40
Will Flodin take the start in the URT Subaru?

Yes. It`s veeeeery strange situation - Uspenskiy has fired almost all mechanics, almost all engineers, all PR and press department. People said that he stops all rallying activity. But for the moment Flodin wll start in NORF and also Flodin and Uspenskiy himself will start in IRC 'Rally Russia'. Veeeery strange...

noel157
30th June 2009, 13:45
Yes. It`s veeeeery strange situation - Uspenskiy has fired almost all mechanics, almost all engineers, all PR and press department. People said that he stops all rallying activity. But for the moment Flodin wll start in NORF and also Flodin and Uspenskiy himself will start in IRC 'Rally Russia'. Veeeery strange...

Thanks A. Yes, must agree, very weird situation. I thought Uspenskiy had sold everything including cars (assuming he owned the cars). Maybe rent or does PF own the Subaru?

tolis
1st July 2009, 11:08
Official entry list published:
http://www.nesteoilrallyfinland.fi/attachements/2009-06-30T17-19-41253.pdf

pino
1st July 2009, 13:24
Great entry as usually, I can't wait :D

Rallyper
1st July 2009, 13:41
Great entry as usually, I can't wait :D

Me neither!! :D

Zes
2nd July 2009, 11:58
Which Subaru will Jari Ketomaa drive? I didn't found the info anywhere. Is it prepared by TMR?

MikeD
2nd July 2009, 15:01
Who is Jukka Ketomäki? He once again seem to be in the Octavia WRC for NORF. Does he have his own team, or who is running that old car?

DonJippo
2nd July 2009, 15:33
Who is Jukka Ketomäki? He once again seem to be in the Octavia WRC for NORF. Does he have his own team, or who is running that old car?

It's his own car.

OldF
3rd July 2009, 22:08
So there’s going to be four S2000 cars. It’s going to be interesting to see the speed of Anton and Juho because I think they’re equal in speed. But of course Kimi will be the fastest one. Just wondering if he's using a fireproof gorilla suite?

Miika
4th July 2009, 10:25
Just wondering if he's using a fireproof gorilla suite?

So the gorillas standing alonside his car protecting him from the poor.. sorry, the public, wouldn´t be enough?

Rallyper
5th July 2009, 19:38
I have two questions:

1) Does anyone know a good place on the Myhinpää stage on Sunday? You know like the jump on Kkaristo last year.... :confused: (You can mail me if you don´t want to spread the word officially....

2) Who is the finnish singer doing a song imitating Tommi Makinen laughing and saying in broken english (just like Tommi did) "Car was good butrace was bad"?? The song is played several times on the Keski Suomi rally radio during the NORF the past five years or so.

jiipee64
5th July 2009, 20:58
1) been there in the early 90's last time so can't remember

2) Juha Laitila

Miika
7th July 2009, 07:30
This week Seb has been testing for Rally Finland in Kuhmoinen, Central Finland:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IHyqRT06WH4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IHyqRT06WH4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/54i36rTxs0g&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/54i36rTxs0g&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

karo
7th July 2009, 07:49
Hi Guys,

Can't wait till my first time NORF this year. We already received out tickets!!

Could somebody help me with the password to the following data:

Appendix 2.1 (Day Overviews) (2114 kB)

Appendix 2.2 (Stage Maps) (7983 kB)

Appendix 2.3 (Recce Maps) (3553 kB)

Appendix 2.4 (Other Maps) (4643 kB)

Appendix 3 (Road Books) (1076 kB)

http://www.nesteoilrallyfinland.fi/en/competitors/

Would be highly appreciated...many thanks

karo
9th July 2009, 09:15
Hi Guys,

Can't wait till my first time NORF this year. We already received out tickets!!

Could somebody help me with the password to the following data:

Appendix 2.1 (Day Overviews) (2114 kB)

Appendix 2.2 (Stage Maps) (7983 kB)

Appendix 2.3 (Recce Maps) (3553 kB)

Appendix 2.4 (Other Maps) (4643 kB)

Appendix 3 (Road Books) (1076 kB)

http://www.nesteoilrallyfinland.fi/en/competitors/

Would be highly appreciated...many thanks

NOBODY!!!!!!!?????

f-cup
9th July 2009, 09:36
Those passwords should be only for the competitors in entry list. And I don't think they are wery willing to give them to everybody.

All of that information is released to public, when official NORF magazine comes, 16.7.

But of course you can try to crack them open...

jbmarcus21
9th July 2009, 16:38
Hi all ...

The Google Earth Map for NESTE OIL RALLY FINLAND is now online :

http://planetemarcus.free.fr/googleearthmap.htm

DonJippo
9th July 2009, 22:53
Which Subaru will Jari Ketomaa drive? I didn't found the info anywhere. Is it prepared by TMR?

It's a S12b from Adapta WRT.

bluuford
13th July 2009, 00:41
Well, If anyone is going to NORF by car and coming from south (Via Estonia) then I can recommend you to visit http://www.southestoniarally.ee/index.php?lang=1 South Estonian rally. By the way, Aava is testing his new Civic Type-R R3 car with new BF Goodrich tires, Lindholm is with his 206WRC and many good drivers who take this rally as a test for NORF. It is very fast rally with many jumps and blind crests.

Koppomsbo
14th July 2009, 08:12
Happy for all of u guys going there, myself i have to wait until next year :s

pino
14th July 2009, 10:31
Happy for all of u guys going there, myself i have to wait until next year :s

See you next year then ;)

jbmarcus21
14th July 2009, 15:37
Have you seen, ?? Marcus will drive Super Special Challenge Killeri during Finland Rally .. he will drive Mitsu Lancer

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutiset.shtml/arkistot/ralli/2009/07/914796

Moriarty
14th July 2009, 15:49
Have you seen, ?? Marcus will drive Super Special Challenge Killeri during Finland Rally .. he will drive Mitsu Lancer

Great news!

Hartusvuori
14th July 2009, 16:03

Rally Sprint will start at 17:00 (http://www.nesteoilrallyfinland.fi/en/spectators/killerirallysprint/) so you'll miss the last three stages of Saturday if you want to go there.

jbmarcus21
14th July 2009, 18:06
Eye of The sky is back for Finland Rally :)

RS
14th July 2009, 21:14
So there’s going to be four S2000 cars. It’s going to be interesting to see the speed of Anton and Juho because I think they’re equal in speed. But of course Kimi will be the fastest one. Just wondering if he's using a fireproof gorilla suite?

Juho will be the fastest by far ;)

bluuford
14th July 2009, 22:46
Juho will be the fastest by far ;)

Well, it will be first time for Juho with those new Pirelly tires. I am really interested to see how Aava is doing with Civic Type-R R3 car. As far as he is not 4WD driver he is free to use BF Goodrich tires who is his sponsor for NORF:-)

Koppomsbo
15th July 2009, 07:06
Think Aava will do great in that car, Guy Wilks did so last year if i remember right? Is Aava driving for the same team as Guy did, and are they always drive in NORF to test? :)

Rallytourist
15th July 2009, 08:08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDnSE7DT3uQ

If possible to show on the google map

cali
15th July 2009, 08:39
Think Aava will do great in that car, Guy Wilks did so last year if i remember right? Is Aava driving for the same team as Guy did, and are they always drive in NORF to test? :)
Aava has in Estonia his own junior team and they have bought total of 3 Civics.

Koppomsbo
15th July 2009, 09:43
Nice :)

So is there a lot of these R3 cars in Estonia?

Helstar
15th July 2009, 17:04
Eye of The sky is back for Finland Rally :)
Live ? Woho :D

jbmarcus21
15th July 2009, 20:29
i think yes... i hope ... but for sure... ;)

rdr
17th July 2009, 15:17
Small info because no real info are not available...

Killeri Rallysprint
Killeri Rallysprint are held in forthcoming Neste Oil Rally Finland. The Saturday sprint takes place on the same 2 km Killeri track, which hosts the WRC event´s Superspecial Stage. Former rally world champion Marcus Grönholm will take part in competition with a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX. Marcus face opposition from 40 competitors, mostly specialists of the rallysprint discipline, including four-time Finnish champion Tomi Hallia. The entries are divided into separate categories for 4-wheel-drive (20) and 2-wheel-drive cars (20). As in the rally Superspecial Stage, two cars will run on adjacent lanes in each heat. All competitors first participate in qualifying runs against the clock. The fastest eight from each category then proceed into elimination run-offs, with the winners eventually pitched in a duel in the finals. Cars will use rallycross type slicks so impressive sideway action will be expected!

Crazy Finns rallysprint 4 WD Special Saloon class cars are close the rallycross and old group B cars. Power each 4wd rockets is about 550 hp and torque is massive 700-800 Nm! In Killeri rallysprint the 4wd (20 competitors) cars total power is about 10 000 hp!! Great noise and Bang Bang sound...

Killeri Rallysprint takes place on Saturday 1.8. from 17.00. NOTE! With Rally Pass you may also experience a great Rally Sprint in Killeri.

Finnish Rallysprint
In Finnish rallysprint the drivers are allowed to get to know the stage either by walking or riding a bike during the morning and the race is driven in the afternoon. No co-driver allowed! For all of the track lengths are between 2 - 7 km. There are also events in tarmac, gravel and snow/ ice tracks. The idea is simple. Cars are separated into classes, then you go as fast as you can around stage from a standing start. The second round is driven in a reversed order Fastest times taking the glory in each class from two allocated runs.

So, it's a real do-or-die, one shoot-for-victory. So you your time versus opponent's times. If you mess up your start, turn in too early, miss your braking point, drift off-line, miss a gear or lose it, your're finished. One mistake and it's all over! Overall there are ~60 rallisprint events in a year and 90-150 competitors in every event from all over country! The Finnish rallisprint championship serie covered with 6 events, that include snow, tarmac and gravel surface.

karo
19th July 2009, 15:35
what time does it end?

Small info because no real info are not available...

Killeri Rallysprint
Killeri Rallysprint are held in forthcoming Neste Oil Rally Finland. The Saturday sprint takes place on the same 2 km Killeri track, which hosts the WRC event´s Superspecial Stage. Former rally world champion Marcus Grönholm will take part in competition with a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX. Marcus face opposition from 40 competitors, mostly specialists of the rallysprint discipline, including four-time Finnish champion Tomi Hallia. The entries are divided into separate categories for 4-wheel-drive (20) and 2-wheel-drive cars (20). As in the rally Superspecial Stage, two cars will run on adjacent lanes in each heat. All competitors first participate in qualifying runs against the clock. The fastest eight from each category then proceed into elimination run-offs, with the winners eventually pitched in a duel in the finals. Cars will use rallycross type slicks so impressive sideway action will be expected!

Crazy Finns rallysprint 4 WD Special Saloon class cars are close the rallycross and old group B cars. Power each 4wd rockets is about 550 hp and torque is massive 700-800 Nm! In Killeri rallysprint the 4wd (20 competitors) cars total power is about 10 000 hp!! Great noise and Bang Bang sound...

Killeri Rallysprint takes place on Saturday 1.8. from 17.00. NOTE! With Rally Pass you may also experience a great Rally Sprint in Killeri.

Finnish Rallysprint
In Finnish rallysprint the drivers are allowed to get to know the stage either by walking or riding a bike during the morning and the race is driven in the afternoon. No co-driver allowed! For all of the track lengths are between 2 - 7 km. There are also events in tarmac, gravel and snow/ ice tracks. The idea is simple. Cars are separated into classes, then you go as fast as you can around stage from a standing start. The second round is driven in a reversed order Fastest times taking the glory in each class from two allocated runs.

So, it's a real do-or-die, one shoot-for-victory. So you your time versus opponent's times. If you mess up your start, turn in too early, miss your braking point, drift off-line, miss a gear or lose it, your're finished. One mistake and it's all over! Overall there are ~60 rallisprint events in a year and 90-150 competitors in every event from all over country! The Finnish rallisprint championship serie covered with 6 events, that include snow, tarmac and gravel surface.

Hartusvuori
20th July 2009, 07:23
On last two stages of NORF 2009, Myhinpää 2 and Ruuhimäki first 10 cars will run in reversed order so that who ever is 10th at the time will run first and so on. Also on the last stage Ruuhimäki first 11 cars will run 3 minutes apart - propably due the broadcasting.

Also, if you find yourself bored after Thursday morning Shakedown you may attend the Pirelli Star Driver competition which runs on parts of Ruuhimäki stage starting at 13.00. It's open to public. More info on PSD shootout at NORF site (http://www.nesteoilrallyfinland.fi/en/competitors/pirelli/).

And if foreign visitors wonder how much costs the official program this year - it's €10. It comes with previous issue of VM magazine (practise your Finnish or just see the photographs!) and a Finnish 30-minute document of Marcus Grönholm on DVD (don't know if it's subtitled in any way - mostly just interviews, not much of old footage anyway).

Mirek
20th July 2009, 23:39
I don't know if it was mentioned here before or not but Juho will drive Fabia from BRR.

Psycho!
21st July 2009, 08:34
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBY92aHfKFk

Good luck Mikko!!Goooooo!!

morfn
21st July 2009, 21:11
Images of Mikko Hirvonen testing for WRC Finland can be found from his website at http://www.mikkohirvonen.com.

Today he drove in legendary Ouninpohja special stage and tomorrow he offers a movie for his fans which includes f.ex lots of onboard from that legendary special stage!

morfn
23rd July 2009, 00:50
Now video available from Mikko Hirvonen tests at his website http://www.mikkohirvonen.com.

Clip contains lots of special material seen from his eyes :)
Have phun!

JFL
23rd July 2009, 01:36
1000$ to anyone who see a simalar test with Henning Solberg!... .. ..

fugu
23rd July 2009, 16:02
web cam from the service park:

http://www.yle.fi/livestream/ralliradio.asx

morfn
23rd July 2009, 17:31
Images of Jari-Matti Latvala testing for WRC Finland can be found from his website at http://www.jmlatvala.com.

Saturday he offers a movie for his fans which includes f.ex lots of onboard !! =)

rallyemotions
24th July 2009, 08:54
Start and finish coordinates (derrived from Dimitri Dusart kml file) for TomTom: http://www.rallyemotions.net/files/norf09_start_finish.ov2
For other navigation systems, please use http://garmin.gps-data-team.com/edit/poi_manager_online-38_23.php

SubaruNorway
24th July 2009, 10:15
Not sure if you are the one running the site, but would it be an idea to upload the video's to youtube too? (In HD :) ) Because the one from Mikko's test had a bit poor quality.

DonJippo
24th July 2009, 13:24
i think yes... i hope ... but for sure... ;)

MTV3 internet service http://www.katsomo.fi/ will show 10 live stages during the event.

morfn
25th July 2009, 17:39
Now video available from Jari-Matti Latvala tests at his website http://www.jmlatvala.com.

Clip contains lots of special material seen from his eyes.
Have phun!

Barreis
25th July 2009, 18:21
Now video available from Jari-Matti Latvala tests at his website http://www.jmlatvala.com.

Have phun!

I'm afraid of this.. lol

Hartusvuori
26th July 2009, 15:29
Now video available from Jari-Matti Latvala tests at his website www.jmlatvala.com (http://www.jmlatvala.com).

Have phun!

I think this is kind of in-car footage that many have asked for recently. It's nice to see how he works with accelerator/brake - or mainly just with accelerator... Thanks!

gloomyDAY
27th July 2009, 05:10
Now video available from Jari-Matti Latvala tests at his website www.jmlatvala.com (http://www.jmlatvala.com).

Have phun!Excellent views!

This is better than the regular WRC coverage. Why can't this format be followed on regular TV coverage. I feel as if I'm in there with JML as he's going over the crests.

SubaruNorway
27th July 2009, 10:11
Excellent views!

This is better than the regular WRC coverage. Why can't this format be followed on regular TV coverage. I feel as if I'm in there with JML as he's going over the crests.

Too much bother having to hook up the helmet cams all the time i would guess.

Hartusvuori
27th July 2009, 11:11
1000$ to anyone who see a simalar test with Henning Solberg!... .. ..

The rumour is that Henning refused to show up at his test site today because he was offered only a half day. Apparently Wilson and Therman (Munchi's one-off) have now more time to use they kilometres.

DonJippo
27th July 2009, 11:24
The rumour is that Henning refused to show up at his test site today because he was offered only a half day.

Is this now the priority he said he will be given at the beginning of the season?

JFL
27th July 2009, 11:33
The rumour is that Henning refused to show up at his test site today because he was offered only a half day. Apparently Wilson and Therman (Munchi's one-off) have now more time to use they kilometres.

Refused? I guess Mr.Wilson wanted too much money then.. As Henning pays a large amount of money for testing... If Malcolm really wanted the manu-title, he would have given HS the best parts and some testing before the rally.. Not that important now maybe?

Psycho!
27th July 2009, 11:59
Do you believe that Henning even with a recent equipment and testing can beat Dani??

MJW
27th July 2009, 12:11
Refused? I guess Mr.Wilson wanted too much money then.. As Henning pays a large amount of money for testing... If Malcolm really wanted the manu-title, he would have given HS the best parts and some testing before the rally.. Not that important now maybe?
£$€ thats what Malcolm believes the WRC is for, nothing more, nothing less. Why didnt WRC go S2000 next year? - Answer, there are far more S2000 cars available, and more companies to hire / lease these from other than MSport. Wilson's greed is killing WRC as much if more so than FIA's rules.

JFL
27th July 2009, 12:13
YES! :p :
I'm sure many other will do that to with the same oppertunities as the works-drivers.. But Hey.. It's WRC, its decided that only works-drivers can win..

DonJippo
27th July 2009, 14:55
If someone is still looking accomodation for NORF, send me a pm as I might be able to help you.

lcd
27th July 2009, 15:33

Have phun!

Shocking views! Better than the real thing! :up:

ProRally
27th July 2009, 16:55
No Kristian Sohlberg starting in his home event ?

Koppomsbo
27th July 2009, 17:35
If someone is still looking accomodation for NORF, send me a pm as I might be able to help you.

Well idont need this year but if u can help me for 2010 i am very intrested ;)

Motorsportfun
27th July 2009, 18:20
Excellent views!

Great the Helmet-camera... looks like Coulthard's one in Brazil last year! :) :) :) :) :)

COD
27th July 2009, 19:16
No Kristian Sohlberg starting in his home event ?

NO, He will be commenting on the rally radio the whole weekend (the finnish version, not wrc.com....)

DonJippo
27th July 2009, 21:32
Refused? I guess Mr.Wilson wanted too much money then...

Or someone was willing to pay more to get mileage...

Mirek
28th July 2009, 11:16
Video from test of Alen and Raikkonen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFSyQ0ZSBa4

Miika
28th July 2009, 14:50
Petter Solberg´s thoughts from sunny Central Finland with footage from testing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BicFbXinlRA

RS
28th July 2009, 15:57
Hey, if Abarth can't get Gronholm for IRC Scotland then they could take Kimi :) I will be very interested to see how Kimi will do, he seems to be a quick learner.

A.F.F.
29th July 2009, 10:14
NO, He will be commenting on the rally radio the whole weekend (the finnish version, not wrc.com....)

That's all he is good for.....

Mirek
29th July 2009, 11:20
Is there any speciffic reason why You Finns here on forum don't like him?

fastboy
29th July 2009, 11:29
I would be grateful if anybody could put up a direct link to rally radio.I know what the web page it is ,but have no idea which link to click to get the radio playing.Thanks guys.

pantealex
29th July 2009, 16:58
Janne Tuohino is driving with Peugeot S2000, not evo9
So now we have one more fast S2000 in NORF

A.F.F.
29th July 2009, 17:11
]Is there any speciffic reason why You Finns here on forum don't like him?

Oh, I do like Sohlberg. He is a very nice guy. Unfortunately he is not a top class rally driver. He is better as a commentator.

RS
29th July 2009, 17:30

I think he will be at least 0.5s/km slower than Hanninen. Maybe he can beat Kimi.

Mirek
29th July 2009, 17:52
What is the starting gap between Tapper and Hänninen? One minute may not be enough on 22+ km stage...

Tomi
29th July 2009, 18:04
I would be grateful if anybody could put up a direct link to rally radio.I know what the web page it is ,but have no idea which link to click to get the radio playing.Thanks guys.

If you mean the real rally radio then the link is, http://areena.yle.fi/player/index.php?channel=30&language=fi

Ralliradio Program

Ralliradio from thursday to sunday

• to 30.7. klo 8.00-10.00 Laajavuoren ”shakedown” eli testierikoiskoe

• to 30.7. klo 17.30-18.50 Warm Up Studio: Jyri Kataja-Rahko

• to 30.7. klo 18.55-21.00 rallin avaus: Killerin supererikoiskoe

• pe 31.7. klo 6.05-21.00 ensimmäinen kisapäivä: 10 erikoiskoetta

• pe 31.7. klo 21-01 Ralliyöradio Bensaa suonissa: J-P Taskinen (puh. 014-4444 993)

• la 1.8. klo 6.03-18.50 toinen kisapäivä: 9 erikoiskoetta

• su 2.8. klo 7.03-14.30 MM-rallin päätöspäivä: 4 erikoiskoetta ja maalijuhla

ATT. finnish time.

ProRally
29th July 2009, 18:42
That's all he is good for.....

:D :D :D :D good one AFF

A.F.F.
29th July 2009, 18:58
All you guys taking part NORF remember the forumdinner at Vanha Mylly (Jämsänkoski) saturday evening around 8 pm --> :up:

hari
29th July 2009, 20:00
MTV3 internet service http://www.katsomo.fi/ will show 10 live stages during the event.

Question to the finns: Will this live stages on http://www.katsomo.fi be free to watch? Or is some subscription needed?

Something is written there (€ 9,-)?

Thanks.

OldF
29th July 2009, 21:29
Question to the finns: Will this live stages on www.katsomo.fi (http://www.katsomo.fi) be free to watch? Or is some subscription needed?

Something is written there (€ 9,-)?

Thanks.

The live stages costs 9€ (the whole weekend) and you have sign in and pay with credit card or SMS (I don’t know if it’s possible to pay with SMS abroad). All the other are free.

J4MIE
29th July 2009, 22:40
Wish I was in Finland at the moment.....have a nice time guys :D

r199
30th July 2009, 08:24
Is there anny timing for the shake down????

wwbroe
30th July 2009, 08:47
If you mean the real rally radio then the link is, http://areena.yle.fi/player/index.php?channel=30&language=fi

Hey Tomi, thanks for this link, but it doesn't seem to work here? Anybody else has it working? ;)

hari
30th July 2009, 09:00
Hey Tomi, thanks for this link, but it doesn't seem to work here? Anybody else has it working? ;)

After third attempt of loading, it works for me.

Psycho!
30th July 2009, 09:34
The live stages costs 9€ (the whole weekend) and you have sign in and pay with credit card or SMS (I don’t know if it’s possible to pay with SMS abroad). All the other are free.
I think that MTV3 will broadcast them(eye on the sky)...It is free or the same as katsomo??Can we see Killeri live tonight??If yes,please post a link...Thanks in advance...

Tom206wrc
30th July 2009, 10:48

:bounce:

Four Finns in S2000s(Hänninen, Tuohino, Räikkonen, Alen) :cool:

tolis
30th July 2009, 11:00
Loeb fastest in the SD:
http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=5609&desc=Loeb%20fastest%20at%20Rally%20Finland%20Shake down

1. LOEB. Citroen C4 WRC 2:02.2
2. P. SOLBERG. Citroen Xsara WRC 2:02.6
3. SORDO. Citroen C4 WRC. 2:03.3
4. ÖSTBERG Subaru Impreza WRC. 2:03.4
=5. H. SOLBERG. Ford Focus RS WRC 08. 2:03.7
=5. HIRVONEN. Ford Focus RS WRC 08. 2:03.7
7. WILSON. Ford Focus RS WRC 08. 2:03.9
8. LATVALA. Ford Focus RS WRC 08. 2:04.1
9. NOVIKOV. Citroen C4 WRC. 2:04.5
10. KETOMAA. Subaru Impreza WRC. 2:05.2
11. OGIER. Citroen C4 WRC. 2:05.7
12. RANTANEN. Ford Focus RS WRC 08. 2:06.0
13. VILLAGRA. Ford Focus RS WRC 08. 2:06.4
14. RAUTENBACH. Citroen C4 WRC. 2:07.2
15. AL QASSIMI. Ford Focus RS WRC 08. 2:08.1

r199
30th July 2009, 11:29
Are there already anny times from the jwrc?????

Motorsportfun
30th July 2009, 11:29

Yeaaah, I bought it! Cant wait for Ruuhimaki jumps!!!! :p :p

Surkee stage is the famous hairpin of last year's live coverage?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg1ke_neORI

Hope so! :) :) :)

wwbroe
30th July 2009, 12:47
Does anybody know where we can find complete list of shakedown times, with also times for S2000, other Gr N's and JWRC? :)

Tomi
30th July 2009, 13:35
Does anybody know where we can find complete list of shakedown times, with also times for S2000, other Gr N's and JWRC? :)

sure in the competition center there is, from the main door on the right side.

wwbroe
30th July 2009, 13:39
sure in the competition center there is, from the main door on the right side.

:up: :up: :up:

r199
30th July 2009, 13:39
hahahaha

anesa
30th July 2009, 13:45

Here you have the top 30
http://www.rallybel.be/2009fin13.html

Jafry
30th July 2009, 14:06
Photos from shakedown of Rally Finland;-) (http://www.rally-mania.cz/photogallery.php?id=550&fseason=2009)

r199
30th July 2009, 14:07
abbring looks good

Helstar
30th July 2009, 14:42
Surkee stage is the famous hairpin of last year's live coverage?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg1ke_neORI
Hope so! :) :) :)
Oh no what did you post ... I feel sad now -.-

dimviii
30th July 2009, 15:02
Here you have the top 30
http://www.rallybel.be/2009fin13.html

Thanks anesa :)

SubaruNorway
30th July 2009, 15:08
Could someone post the link to where you pay for eye in the sky, my finish is a bit poor :p

Motorsportfun
30th July 2009, 15:13
Oh no what did you post ... I feel sad now -.-

Sorry :D

dimviii
30th July 2009, 15:40
so Nikara faster than all s2000 cars? :rolleyes:

pantealex
30th July 2009, 15:46
so Nikara faster than all s2000 cars? :rolleyes:
Only priority 1,2 and 3 drivers can do shakedown in Finland, so PirelliStars were the only group N-cars there!

Tom206wrc
30th July 2009, 16:54
Any pics of Tuohino's livery ???? :confused:

Edit: OK I get some on his website ;)

dimviii
30th July 2009, 16:54
thanks pantealex :)

SubaruNorway
30th July 2009, 18:25
Is the SSS live somewhere?

Miika
30th July 2009, 18:36
Kimi only 0.1 sec slower compared to Anton and Tuohino @ Killeri. Bring it on.

N.O.T
30th July 2009, 18:39
lets see if he has what it takes when the barriers of the sss are replaced with trees tommorow....

SubaruNorway
30th July 2009, 18:45
Wow, i actualy managed to sign up to the live feed on mtv3 thanks to googel translate :p

Link on the right here.
http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutiset.shtml/arkistot/ralli/2009/07/923756

Allyc85
30th July 2009, 18:49
Link on the right here, 15min to live broadcast.
http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutiset.shtml/arkistot/ralli/2009/07/923756

Quick save it, a pic of Kimi nearly smiling! ;)

SubaruNorway
30th July 2009, 19:03
Quick save it, a pic of Kimi nearly smiling! ;)

Yeah, probably won't even bother going to the next F1 race after this weekend when he figures out how much more fun it is ;)

N.O.T
30th July 2009, 19:20
latvala safe throught he stage....

Xsara Fan
30th July 2009, 20:02
Some photos from service-park & shakedown made by my friend here http://www.reporters.com.ua/gallery/1/72/

Pinto
30th July 2009, 21:58
any reason why the works fords are not using there regular uk reg plate's

jbmarcus21
30th July 2009, 22:17
finnish driver must have obligatory use finnish plate in their own country ;)

MJW
30th July 2009, 22:18
any reason why the works fords are not using there regular uk reg plate's
because they are driven by Finnish drivers in Finland, something to do with taxation of vehicles in Finland whereby Finns can not drive cars from abroad. It happens every year, (when Finnish drivers in works cars)

Pinto
30th July 2009, 22:28
taught it might have been somthing like that

Tom206wrc
30th July 2009, 23:37
Some photos from service-park & shakedown made by my friend here http://www.reporters.com.ua/gallery/1/72/

Nice pics :)

jonkka
31st July 2009, 05:41
latvala safe throught he stage....

Pheeww... But remember that stage is repeated later...

jonkka
31st July 2009, 05:42
Mikko takes early advantage...

Psycho!
31st July 2009, 05:46
Good morning guys and happy birthday to Mr Hirvonen!!

Micke_VOC
31st July 2009, 05:51
Good start from Mikko, 2,9 s faster than Seb.

Psycho!
31st July 2009, 05:56
Impressive splits for Petter...!He keeps up with Loeb...Too late for Latvala though...

Miika
31st July 2009, 06:08
Novikov off big way in the SS2 already.

EDIT: Or not.

Micke_VOC
31st July 2009, 06:12
Impressive splits for Petter...!He keeps up with Loeb...Too late for Latvala though...

Very good time for Petter, i wonder what he had done with a C4 instead =)

Novikov loosing time on third split...

jonkka
31st July 2009, 06:17
Mikko seems to want to take decisive lead and end competition early...

Miika
31st July 2009, 06:17
Novikov loosing time on third split...

There was a tree on the way that slowed him down a bit.

r199
31st July 2009, 06:18
novi mixed up left and right

Psycho!
31st July 2009, 06:20
Sordo faster than Loeb????

Micke_VOC
31st July 2009, 06:21
Hirvonen 7.1 s faster than seb. and Sordo seems on the splits to beat Loeb to...

lcd
31st July 2009, 06:23
Is It my Idea or everyone's driving really fast..??

Psycho!
31st July 2009, 06:26
And Petter faster than works Citroens,at least up to split 3...Nice job!

White Sauron
31st July 2009, 06:27
Wow, who could imagine Solberg would be lying 2nd in his old Xsara on such a fast rally...

jonkka
31st July 2009, 06:28
Whooa... both works Citroens beaten...

Miika
31st July 2009, 06:28
Sordo faster than Loeb????

Petter faster than them. Bloody hell.

lcd
31st July 2009, 06:29
It's been a long time since I remember that kind of full attack from Petter from the very start...

r199
31st July 2009, 06:30
juniors weijs already out????

Micke_VOC
31st July 2009, 06:30
Wow, who could imagine Solberg would be lying 2nd in his old Xsara on such a fast rally...

Yihaa !!!!!!
Waiting for N.O.T comment this .

Really fun that Petter going so fast...

Tom206wrc
31st July 2009, 06:40
Nice rythm of Janne Tuohino in the long SS2, in the pace of Juho Hänninen :) :)

Miika
31st July 2009, 06:43
Two stages, two offs for the kid from Russia?