PDA

View Full Version : Summer is around the corner....

gloomyDAY
3rd June 2009, 06:51
and the living is easy! You southern hemisphere people can stay out of this thread. :p I just bought an electric grill and cooked some delicious chicken thighs, carne asada and threw on some tortillas. :D My surfboard is outside waxed & ready to go, got a girl on the side, and just got through finals. Hell, a little bit of traveling here and there is also in order. This summer is going to be a lot of fun, I can feel it.

Hondo
3rd June 2009, 10:07
Sounds like you're in for a great summer as long as a Great White doesn't mistake you and the surfboard for a grilled seal thigh!

An electric grill? Is that one of those indoor counter top grills? What brand and how do you like it?

Brown, Jon Brow
3rd June 2009, 10:29
I think we have had our summer in the UK :( I expect rain from now till next May.

I'm already sick of Barbecues. I've been to 8 in the last two weeks.

Eki
3rd June 2009, 10:43
and the living is easy! You southern hemisphere people can stay out of this thread. :p I just bought an electric grill and cooked some delicious chicken thighs, carne asada and threw on some tortillas. :D My surfboard is outside waxed & ready to go, got a girl on the side, and just got through finals. Hell, a little bit of traveling here and there is also in order. This summer is going to be a lot of fun, I can feel it.
You live in Southern California and say the summer is "around the corner"? I once visited Southern California at the end of May and sunburnt my arm sitting in a car. Other than visiting the San Diego Zoo and feeling sorry for the polar bears there I didn't much step outside an air conditioned car or a motel room. San Diego and Los Angeles weren't that bad but at the desert areas around Interstate 5 it was about 100 F.

I bought an infrared patio heater and started outdoor grilling season already in April.

gloomyDAY
3rd June 2009, 17:17
Sounds like you're in for a great summer as long as a Great White doesn't mistake you and the surfboard for a grilled seal thigh!

An electric grill? Is that one of those indoor counter top grills? What brand and how do you like it?I think I can out swim a Great White.

http://z.about.com/d/80music/1/0/N/-/-/-/e17132cintm.jpg

:D

I bought an indoor electric grill (Sanyo (http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-HPS-SG2-Barbeque-120-Square-Inch-Nonstick/dp/B00176P77C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1244045903&sr=8-2)) and love it. We're family of 4, so it's perfect! No smoke, even burning, and being part of the Playstation generation it is as simple as plug-and-play.

You live in Southern California and say the summer is "around the corner"? I once visited Southern California at the end of May and sunburnt my arm sitting in a car. Other than visiting the San Diego Zoo and feeling sorry for the polar bears there I didn't much step outside an air conditioned car or a motel room. San Diego and Los Angeles weren't that bad but at the desert areas around Interstate 5 it was about 100 F.

I bought an infrared patio heater and started outdoor grilling season already in April.Believe it or not it is only 75*F (24*C) and I'm looking forward to hotter weather. I actually love when the needle hits 90-100*F because I basically waltz around without a shirt on and am always at the beach.

I think I would love summers in Finland, but too bad there aren't any waves.
Well there are near the Arctic, but I like keeping my nuts warm.

You missed out on a lot Eki. Next time ring me up and we can meet with Tazio!

A.F.F.
3rd June 2009, 22:09
I think I would love summers in Finland, but too bad there aren't any waves.
Well there are near the Arctic, but I like keeping my nuts warm.

We have lots of squirrels in Finland. They can keep your nuts warm.

I'm five weeks away from my summer holiday and I can't wait it any longer. I have a brand new car and I'm very VERY eager to take it to tour in Norway again :bounce: Rest of my vacation I'm going to spend in our summer place fishing and grilling and...

anthonyvop
4th June 2009, 00:47

I bought an infrared patio heater and started outdoor grilling season already in April.

The first time I visited So Cal it was in July. I went to the beach and froze my A*s off.
Who can swim in that water? Cold and dirty.

Easy Drifter
4th June 2009, 01:11
We have the threat of frost tonight. Have to bring my tomato plant in off the deck.
There was snow Sun. in Orillia 40k SE of here.
Come on summer.
I still may BBQ tonight. Nice chunk of Buffalo.

Garry Walker
4th June 2009, 09:46
I bought an indoor electric grill and love it. We're family of 4, so it's perfect! No smoke, even burning, and being part of the Playstation generation it is as simple as plug-and-play.

Where is the fun in that? The smoke and the burning are an essential part of BBQ!

gloomyDAY
4th June 2009, 17:44
We have lots of squirrels in Finland. They can keep your nuts warm.

I'm five weeks away from my summer holiday and I can't wait it any longer. I have a brand new car and I'm very VERY eager to take it to tour in Norway again :bounce: Rest of my vacation I'm going to spend in our summer place fishing and grilling and...Nice! I can imagine your home on a quiet lake. Get out there and pick up some bass for me.

The first time I visited So Cal it was in July. I went to the beach and froze my A*s off.
Who can swim in that water? Cold and dirty.I used a wet suit to surf until just recently. Now I just use a spring suit, but it's still cold and dirty.

Where is the fun in that? The smoke and the burning are an essential part of BBQ!I live in an apartment. I hate going downstairs to use the bloody community barbecue, so I just like hanging out on my balcony and sitting on my weight bench while I grill.

Yes, I know, there is no replacement for charcoal. Until I buy a house this will have to do.

schmenke
5th June 2009, 15:17
Still waiting for summer to arrive here :hmph:
A mix of rain and snow this morning. Similar forecast for tomorrow :dozey:

Easy Drifter
5th June 2009, 17:51
When was it you took your snow tires off? :D

Since I was in Calgary once when it snowed in Aug. you just might get 1 month without snow this year. :p
Actually we aren't doing much better. :(

stevie_gerrard
8th June 2009, 13:16
Gotta love an english summer, rain or shine, theres always space for a BBQ :p : Had one in pouring rain on saturday night, and it was very nice indeed :)

We have had a great couple of weeks of sunshine, but i fear that the rain is here till August now. Still, I'm off to Greece on holiday in a few weeks, 32C sun here we come :D

donKey jote
8th June 2009, 20:44
When was it you took your snow tires off?

I still have mine on, except they're technically summer tires now ;) :p :

Currently gone back to nippy here. In Summer, when it gets too warm, I'll be off to New Zealand to do more Winter tests :D

:dozey:

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

Eki
8th June 2009, 21:15
We have had a great couple of weeks of sunshine, but i fear that the rain is here till August now. It will at least during the Wimbledon tennis tournament as usual.

Easy Drifter
8th June 2009, 22:19
About now if you say anything to a Cdn. living East of the Rockies about Global Warming you just might get a knuckle sandwich! :D
A wicked winter seemingly still going on and spring missing in action! :eek:

J4MIE
9th June 2009, 00:08
Having been to Finland and experienced the brilliant summer weather over there, one of my ambitions in life is to be able to buy a relaxing lakeside cottage in the middle of nowhere :D

Summer is off to an ok start here, wind cools things down a bit but the sun is quite strong, and at least it is dry. Haven't had a jacket on for about three weeks :eek:

Easy Drifter
9th June 2009, 01:24
Big deal. I haven't had shoes on for 2 months. I haven't worn a jacket for over 2 years.
However, I dress in layers and at -25 or -30c I still do not wear a jacket.
Very tough feet and mocassins in winter, or on occasion shoes. Even thermal socks sometimes. I do have survival gear in my car such as thermal blanket and source of heat plus a jacket.
It is still ruddy cold here for this time of year. I have only been able to sit on my deck about 6 or 7 times this year and then only twice in comfort for any length of time. A lot of high winds off of the Bay and the water is still very cold.
I have been over visiting my good friend (ex wife) at her sheltered campground (she travels all winter and lives in a large motorhome) just a few hundred yards from the Bay, quite a bit and there it is comfortable outside when it is downright unpleasant here.