PDA

View Full Version : WOW

Roamy
31st May 2009, 20:39
I am listening to the broadcast and Waltrip says Man hear that wheelspin coming off the corner. I was very unaware a Nascar could spin their wheels when almost flat in high gear.

Lee Roy
1st June 2009, 03:06
I am listening to the broadcast and Waltrip says Man hear that wheelspin coming off the corner. I was very unaware a Nascar could spin their wheels when almost flat in high gear.

"almost flat"??? Have you ever been to a race at Dover?

Roamy
1st June 2009, 06:42
nope so i will believe what you tell me

Lee Roy
1st June 2009, 12:50
nope so i will believe what you tell me

They don't run "almost flat" at Dover.

slorydn1
4th June 2009, 13:38

When they floor the gas coming of a corner, which at dover would have them between 130-140 mph, it becomes difficult to put almost 900 horsepower to the track through skinny tires. Because they had harder compound tires on concrete this week, one with a good sound system could hear the rear tires squealing.

Mark in Oshawa
10th June 2009, 18:33
Wheelspin is common on just about any track where the drivers are hard on the gas and the track is either slippery or with tight corners. Dover would definately qualify. Any time you see the guy sawing at the wheel, he is getting wheelspin on the rears. You can see that at places like Charlotte and Texas, not just the one mile or tighter ovals.....