PDA

View Full Version : Heh

Somebody
16th February 2007, 00:16
Cruel, but funny: http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=30540

VresiBerba
16th February 2007, 00:44
When did Coulthard say "this is my year", or is this joke so funny that no one actually remember?

Somebody
16th February 2007, 02:10
I think it's one of those urban legends that's entered F1 fan consciousness.

What I found funny was not the "my year" thing itself, but the fact that "thousands" of people felt the need to e-mail pitpass with the exact same joke.

555-04Q2
16th February 2007, 10:22
When did Coulthard say "this is my year", or is this joke so funny that no one actually remember?

I think it started when he was partnered by Mika at Mclaren. Then he got pasted by Mika. The rest is history.

K-Pu
16th February 2007, 11:03
Well, if you say "this is my year" every year, and by chance you win one year... At least itīs your year!

Just like Button winning his first race :D

ChrisS
16th February 2007, 14:02
I'd DC's "This year will be my year" statement was made when McLaren had the top car maybe 98 or 99. He did say it for a couple of seasons but then it was overblown by the media

DC was many times set up by the media to say it

what I mean is for example, a reporter could ask DC: Do you think with a competitive car you can win the championship this year?
DC simply replies: Yes

The next day we see the headline "DC: this year will be my year" as if he made a statement