PDA

View Full Version : Question of death and life to rallying

Finni
29th May 2009, 20:00
I don't get it why FIA is delaying the super2000 class. At the moment there is only four competitive seat in the series and everybody is dying to have something new and refreshing. Everybody knows that with current vehicles 2010 will be exactly same as as 2008 and 2009; Loeb Loeb Loeb.

Ford has promised that they will have super2000 car for 2010. Citroen has worked about their car also as long as Ford. There is no reason to do mixed series with absurd rules about different cars in the same class. If FIA and manufacturers would go S2000 route for next year there would be super interesting series. Imagine: Loeb, Solberg, Atkinson, Latvala, Hirvonen, Sordo, Meeke, Wilks, Hänninen etc. driving with the cars that are in similar level in terms of performance. Imagine Citroen, Ford, Peugeot, Skoda, Fiat and Proton doing the championship with 12 best drivers in the world. Sound like heaven eh? Why in hell they are planning one more year of boringness with four driver championship. How can FIA and ISC and manufacturers be so ing stupid?

urabus-denoS2000
29th May 2009, 20:58
You can remove Peugeot and Škoda from the list for now

Helstar
29th May 2009, 21:46
Staying in IRC ?

Mirek
29th May 2009, 21:51
Not decided for Škoda yet but looks like they'll stay in IRC.

DonJippo
29th May 2009, 22:26
I don't get it why FIA is delaying the super2000 class...

Don't think there is going to be any S2000 WRC, 1.6T seems more likely.

Buzz Lightyear
30th May 2009, 02:36
Let WRC die, and others jump to IRC.

cosmicpanda
30th May 2009, 05:17
I'm actually quite happy that I'll get to see the WRC cars (hopefully there will be some) at next year's Rally NZ. I thought that last year would be the last, and they are great to watch when driven by the likes of Loeb, Hirvonen, Latvala, and Duval. The rest are a bit more boring.

ShiftingGears
30th May 2009, 09:17
Bring back Group A.

OldF
30th May 2009, 16:52
Bring back Group A.

Group A has never gone anywhere. WRC cars are based on group A regulations.

IMO the new WRC could start from 2010 without any transition state. For those manufacturers who have a WRC or A2000 car it shouldn’t be a big problem. If there were a transition time IMO it would be the best solution if the new WRC cars would be a 1.6T or maybe a 1.4T. A 1.4T or 1.6T could have the same power as the WRC cars today so they could compete in the same championship.

f-cup
31st May 2009, 12:47
Just read from Jarmo Mahonen's NORF newsletter, that 1.6T will come from 2011 onwards. And it was decision made with all major car manu's, not just FIA decision. At the same time the WTCC will allso begin to use 1.6T engine.

N.O.T
31st May 2009, 13:54
I doubt we are going to see any difference with the induction of the s2000 class in the top 3.

DonJippo
31st May 2009, 14:13
Just read from Jarmo Mahonen's NORF newsletter, that 1.6T will come from 2011 onwards. And it was decision made with all major car manu's, not just FIA decision. At the same time the WTCC will allso begin to use 1.6T engine.

Plus return of night stages, mixed events/stages, stage mileage up to 500km and generally more freedom for organizers to run their events in WRC.

OldF
31st May 2009, 14:16

Is this newsletter available somewhere?

f-cup
31st May 2009, 18:53
Here it is.

http://www.nesteoilrallyfinland.fi/sisapiirinews/2009/sisapiirinuutiskirje509/default.html

AndyRAC
31st May 2009, 19:21
Plus return of night stages, mixed events/stages, stage mileage up to 500km and generally more freedom for organizers to run their events in WRC.

If this is true, then great news!! How many organisers will be brave enough to go for a exciting, challenging route?

OldF
31st May 2009, 21:35
Thanks F-cup. Now things are going to the right direction. We just have to suffer true 2010.

Google translated:

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=fi&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nesteoilrallyfinland.fi%2Fsisap iirinews%2F2009%2Fsisapiirinuutiskirje509%2Fjarmos corner509%2Fdefault.html&sl=fi&tl=en&history_state0

A.F.F.
1st June 2009, 09:53
You can remove Peugeot and Škoda from the list for now

Shan't they produce even customer cars ???

RS
1st June 2009, 21:01
Shan't they produce even customer cars ???

Unless the new class is pure S2000 that probably wouldn't be allowed. You are not currently allowed to homologate a WRCar unless you register for WRC as far as I know and I guess it would be the same for the new class.

Finni
1st June 2009, 21:12
WRC is getting killed.. intentionally it seems. If they can't change to S2000 why they don't order three or four drivers per team? That would be easy way to get some action and excitement back to rallying. Imagine P. Solberg driving with Ford and Atkinson with Citroen.

OldF
4th June 2009, 16:22
WRC is getting killed.. intentionally it seems.

night stages
mixed surface
overall length of stages 300 – 500 km
bringing forward the new WRC (1,6T) by two years
Six manufacturers supports the proposal of 1,6T from 2011

IMO thesehese proposals don’t mean killing WRC. At least ISC and the rally commission are trying to save what can be saved.

If they can't change to S2000 why they don't order three or four drivers per team? That would be easy way to get some action and excitement back to rallying. Imagine P. Solberg driving with Ford and Atkinson with Citroen.

This one gets my support. 3-4 diver teams and the two best can score manufacturer points.

morganmilan
9th June 2009, 18:54
I beg your pardon if it´s already published, but next 24th June would be a Rally Commision conference. It´s been proposed to create a s2000 cup in the world rally championship. Does it mean we must suffer another Citroen-Ford year in WRC, and some s2000 teams running at IRC and another ones at WRC in the brand new cup? I´m totally confused... :confused:

Rally Power
10th June 2009, 15:59
At least ISC and the rally commission are trying to save what can be saved.

Don’t forget that the rally commission and ISC are, alongside the FIA board, responsible for the WRC decline and were unable, for the last two years, to produce the crucial regulations for tomorrow cars and courses.

Allow Citroën and Ford to solely dispute another championship, when there’s available an appealing formula (S2000) ready to implement at the highest level, it’s even a greater mistake that the FIA, the rally commission and the ISC should avoid.

I just hope IRC will profit from this mistake and continue their growth, in order to provide a proper international series to rally fans from all over the world.

As someone said here, VIVE LE IRC!!!

OldF
13th June 2009, 14:41
Don’t forget that the rally commission and ISC are, alongside the FIA board, responsible for the WRC decline and were unable, for the last two years, to produce the crucial regulations for tomorrow cars and courses.

But FIA makes the final decision. I don’t think ISC has been part of what have happened before this year. IMO it’s not bad if six manufacturers support the proposal of 1.6T. Another good thing with 1.6T is that there could bring more cars in the R3T class because the manufacturer could use the same basic engine.