PDA

View Full Version : Fuji going

Knock-on
29th May 2009, 13:25
So Toyota are definatly out then,

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75665

Mark
29th May 2009, 13:29
Not too surprising. Given the amount of money required to get a track up to F1 standards and keep it there, i.e. modern F1 standards, not Silverstone standards! You need a grand prix every year.

Every two years just doesn't cut it really.

555-04Q2
29th May 2009, 13:32
Every which way we look at the moment, something is happening in the world of F1. And 90% of it aint good either.

Sonic
29th May 2009, 14:05
Meaning 10% is good???? Name it! :p :

Sleeper
29th May 2009, 14:06
I dont know, the prospect of having Suzuka on the calander every year is definitely a good one.

555-04Q2
29th May 2009, 14:11
Meaning 10% is good???? Name it! :p :

Maybe I was a bit too generous.....1% for the pit girls :D

N. Jones
29th May 2009, 14:32
No loss as Toyota have sadly not been up to snuff. Hopefully there are three or four new teams next season as a less than 20 car grid would look strange.

V12
29th May 2009, 15:36
Great news!! :D :D :D

The Japanese GP should never have left Suzuka in the first place.

N. Jones
29th May 2009, 16:14
I second that as I Love Suzuka. I am glad to see that it has its permanet place in the calendar.
http://www.grandprix.com thinks this means Toyota could be out by 2012.

UltimateDanGTR
29th May 2009, 20:37
I third that-suzuka always! Who cares if renault nd toyota leave? let proper teams come in! Much better! :D

stevie_gerrard
1st June 2009, 11:01
Suzuka is one of my favourite tracks, but i did like the challenge Fuji offered so im a little disappointed it has decided to give up on it. Still, Suzuka baby yeh! :p : :)

ShiftingGears
1st June 2009, 12:48
I bet we won't see any gravel traps to catch the drivers out in Suzuka this year. Shamefully.

christophulus
1st June 2009, 19:48
Well we've had two controversial races there but I'm not too sad that it's going from a racing perspective. Although no doubt we will have less to argue about :p

woody2goody
1st June 2009, 21:16
It's a better track for racing than Suzuka, no doubt.

But as a circuit Suzuka is better and it's great to watch on TV.

Anyway, that article doesn't say anything for definite, so who's to say that Toyota are going anywhere?

K-Pu
1st June 2009, 22:21
What I miss is the feeling of the old Fuji. Now itīs not the same, itīs quite... soulless?

So let Suzuka come back, make way for the good circuits!
(And get rid of Hungasnortring, Montmelon and Valencia Street Sedation)

V12
2nd June 2009, 00:34
I admit the old Fuji (the one James Hunt won his title on) was a good track - but like Hockenheim it wasn't the same after it got Tilke'd :mad:

woody2goody
2nd June 2009, 01:18
I admit the old Fuji (the one James Hunt won his title on) was a good track - but like Hockenheim it wasn't the same after it got Tilke'd :mad:

I know what you mean but even though those tracks aren't 'the same', they both produce good racing and that's what matters. Fuji still has a couple of great corners early in the lap, and I think that's what Hockenheim is missing these days.

anthonyvop
2nd June 2009, 02:32
Exactly where in the article was it stated as fact?

DexDexter
2nd June 2009, 07:52
This is great news, Suzuka is one of the classic circuits in F1 and Fuji, the new version of it I mean, is just plain boring.

jens
2nd June 2009, 16:53
I prefer Suzuka over Fuji too, but that doesn't mean Fuji is a "crap" circuit or something like that - in the last two years it offered two quite fine GP's. But as IMO only one circuit per country should be on the calendar, then alas no room for Fuji.

jens
13th June 2009, 13:09
I have decided to bump this thread to express another view angle on the whole saga.

People suddenly started jumping here that Fuji leaving means also Toyota's departure from F1 racing (so far completely unfounded rumours, by the way), but to put things into another perspective...

...maybe Toyota is trying to unbind their circuit from the ties with F1 and Bernie to make it free for the calendar of a new FOTA series. ;) Maybe behind the scenes FOTA is already working on their series for 2010 and are trying to put together a calendar - who knows?!

wedge
15th June 2009, 00:24
Or perhaps it's Toyota cost cutting